[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the catch, /o/? Why don't more people im
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: ss+(2016-05-01+at+06.54.13).png (165 KB, 1030x667) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-01+at+06.54.13).png
165 KB, 1030x667
So what's the catch, /o/? Why don't more people import cars from Japan?
Here is an FD for under $10,000.
>buy car
>ship to America
>wait 1 year until it's 25 years old
>Have my dream car for half the price I would pay for an American one, and it would be RHD so I could feel special

There are so many cool cars here for so cheap.
http://www.japan-partner.com/Auto/24458/Mazda/RX-7/car-for-sale.html
>>
Mostly because you are buying a car sight unseen or test driven so you could be getting a huge shit sandwich for 10k
>>
>>14966301
I suppose, but that site says that all their cars are driveable.
Not sure how true that is though.
>>
And youre driving on the right side
>>
I'd do this if I had the money. I know how to make most repairs myself, so no big deal if I don't see the car in person. Don't they also thoroughly inspect the cars anyways?
>>
>turbo: No
What the fuck?
>>
>>14966362
It must be a mistake. Notice it also says FC3S, so whoever put in the information didn't do a good job.
If you look at the engine bay you can see all the intercooler piping and everything.
>>
>>14966273
Because needing to get a radiation check on cars imported from Japan is a thing.
>>
>>14966374
If Im going to give someone ten grand I hope that they can at least write down the right fucking model.
>>
>>14966273
>under 25 years old

If customs catches you they gon crush it. Don't bring it over until next year
>>
>>14966391
You can bring it over, just not register it. On the site I linked it says that they'll store it for a year if you can't drive it right away.
>>
Why buy a rhd version of a car you can get here? Seems like a big pain in the ass for no reason.
>>
>>14967077
Because it's way cheaper
>>
>>14966401
>they'll store it for a year
and charge you storage fees

>$1200 shipped to a port

So you'll have to shed out another $500-1k to get the car shipped to your house.
>>
>>14968011
>and charge you storage fees
first year is free
>So you'll have to shed out another $500-1k to get the car shipped to your house.
they ship to my city for the same price as regular, and regardless, that's way cheaper anyway
>>
That car wouldn't need to wait 25 years as it is "substantially similar" to a vehicle sold in the US market.
>>
>>14968044
The LHD and RHD ones have different safety ratings and Mazda has no point in trying to prove they are the same
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 960x640
>>14968089

Change lighting, maybe install an airbag and you're probably set.
>>
>>14968147

Oh, and previous post pic is screen shot of eligible for import vehicles.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.