[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here loved the Driver series more than GTA? My childhood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Solomon_Caine_Deads.jpg (30 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Solomon_Caine_Deads.jpg
30 KB, 800x600
Who here loved the Driver series more than GTA?

My childhood is partially wrapped up with this series.
>>
>>14964284
explain.
it's probably the wrong board for a thread like this.
>>
>>14964284
I liked the cars, the rest of gameplay was weak (thinking of Driver 3-4)
>>
I liked Driver a lot better... until GTA3 came out
>>
>>14964377
pretty much this

also Driv3r had some great trailers, but the game was a catastrophic mess.

>shit gameplay
>extremely bad collision detection (remember that mission where you had to chase the truck and get your car in the back? jesus christ it took forever)

On the other hand it had an excellent soundtrack, but the game felt dead, nothing like GTA 3 or even Mafia which were leagues ahead.

Nevertheless, as bad as it was, Parallel Lines got it back on the right track and Driver San Francisco really brought the series back to life.

I loved Driver SA, great gimmick and even if short, i must have finished it twice back to back because i enjoyed the shit out of it, and it was original play on the open world formula, no getting out of cars and doing the shootouts, it went back to the Driver way of doing things.

Sadly, Driver SA sold pretty badly so their gointg to reboot it again or drop the title altogether.
>>
>>14964284
Driv3r was my jam, man. I loved the Miami level, cruising around in challengers and cigarette boats with uzis and mac-10s was a blast.

My favorite thing about the game though was the different cars in each of the 3 overworlds. American muscle in Miami, alfas in niece and shitboxes in instanbul
>>
>>14964414
>yfw when this started playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmdLCIB8eRE
>>
>>14964284
first driver best driver

driver 2 gets an honorable mention
>>
>>14964459
i dont know why, but i remember the game as being really hard

it was probably was for my 11 yr old self's lack of exprience, even the Mafia race took forever to complete (unpatched) and i finished it last year from the 1st try.
>>
File: goodfeels.png (213 KB, 1600x1564) Image search: [Google]
goodfeels.png
213 KB, 1600x1564
>exploring miami
>that soundtrack
>that dawn/dusk atmosphere
>that intro
Driver 3 might have been shit, but it had a few elements that triumphed over GTA at that time.
>>
>>14964444
nostalgic quads
>>
>>14964414
>>14964444
>>14964591
All of this, yes. There were a few weak points to the game play, but I easily overlooked that. The atmosphere of the game was unparalleled. I will still go back and play that game. Yeah, the missions were tough, but thats what the game was about. Some missions were ridiculous though. I have yet to actually beat any driver game. Always got to the last mission, and I could NEVER fucking beat the last mission. Always too hard.

Driver series always had GTA BTFO on cutscenes and game atmosphere; was like watching an intense movie.

>>1496478
Mein Neger
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mz6Lwop-Dk

dem cinematics
>>
>>14965276
you mean the gameplay WAS weak as shit, the game was riddled with bugs almost to the point of being unplayable in certain points
>>
Oh man, Driv3r. It was the first game I got for the PS2 because I remembered playing the first game when I was little. Played it to death.

I remember the Renault 4 being just as fast as the Lamborghini Countach and following an NPC car just to see where they're going only for them to just randomly step out and walk away after a few miles.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Kn9zDf4tQ

this is from the game's score

great stuff
>>
>>14964284
I'M SOLOMON CANE

YOULL WISH YOU NEVER MET ME
https://youtu.be/_FfwuRyNv2c
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.