[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm driving a hand-me-down 2005 Honda Oddysey because of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: closed.jpg (18 KB, 410x308) Image search: [Google]
closed.jpg
18 KB, 410x308
I'm driving a hand-me-down 2005 Honda Oddysey because of poverty. Because of my height and a fixed steering wheel, I'm not able to see the speedometer.

On a scale of "pretty simple" to "that's literally impossible and you're an idiot for asking," how complicated would it be to wire in a digital readout to give me my current speed so I don't have to play things by ear?
>>
If you're too short, sit on a pillow. If you're too tall just break your spine in half ez pz
>>
>>14961821
I would rate it a "pretty simple but costs money."
The best option would be an ultragauge
The cheaper, worse option would be one of those GPS speedometers on Amazon. I'm not sure how well they work
>>
Pretty simple, if you know a little about electronics.

>>14961885
I've used a $100 GPS dashcam to show a pretty accurate reading of my speed, so that one would be the easiest solution
>>
Bluetooth OBD2 dongle/10

Alternatively, drink your Ovaltine, faggot.
>>
>>14961910
I'm a hungry skeleton, not a manlet. Whole different set of problems.
>>
>>14961885
Ultragauge looks like it'd do what I want. 70bux is about what I wanted to pay for this, too.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfUmRj976qE

get a hud , just plugs into the obd2 and can be had under $50

I've been using one for a while now and I don't even bother looking at my real speedometer anymore
>>
>>14961974
I'm 6"2 and I drive about a thousand Honda Odyssey's a day including these model years and I have no problem seeing the speedometer. What's your issue?
>>
>>14962171
/shrug
I just can't see it. The wheel is in the worst possible spot.
>>
>>14962220
Are you sure its not a tilt wheel? I cant beleive that an 05 odyssey even had the option of a fixed wheel
>>
>waaa i'm sooo poor
>I drive a 2005 odyssey

fuck off you entitled cunt. that's a better car than 90% of the people here ya fukken snobby wanka
>>
If you have an Android phone, buy a windscreen phone mount for like $3 from ebay or aliexpress and download digihud
I imagine there would be an iOS or Windows Phone version of it.
that's probably the easiest and cheapest way to check your speed if you already have a phone.
>>
>>14963250
This. My parents' 2002 had a tilt wheel. Maybe it's an option but it seems unlikely a 2005 wouldn't have one.
>>
>>14962171
6'2 isn't hungry skeleton.
>>
>>14963250
>>14963337

Thirded, even 90s civics had tilting steering wheels
>>
File: unnamed.png (802 KB, 1543x900) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
802 KB, 1543x900
>>14961821
Your cell phone is a digital speed readout.
>>
>>14963270
It wasn't my intent to offend anyone. Sorry about that.
>>14963250
>>14963337
>>14963604
I'll triple check, but I'm 90% sure it's fixed.
>>
>>14964597
Yeah, it's fixed. It was the most basic trim package. Good, solid car regardless.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.