[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /o/, what up Earlier today i shutted off the engine after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
Hey /o/, what up
Earlier today i shutted off the engine after a relatively short drive (>15km ) and the electric fan kept spinning and spinning, although the engine was at normal operating temp, and i eventually made it stop by disconnecting the battery. My car is a 2006 Fiat Palio Weekend 1.7 TD (The engine is fiat's indestructible 1.7 diesel with a mechanical axial pump and indirect injection, so the only electrics usually seen in the engine that are related to it is the shutoff valve of the pump itself)
Also, not too long ago the plastic case on which the gauge controller ,responsible for operating the speedo, fuel gauge, temp gauge and tachometer , got a bit broken somewhere and i didn't realize until i drove over a big puddle of water.
(Pic unrelated)
Anyway /o/, what should i do?
>>
>>14959507
>Fiat
Just thrash it already kid
>>
>engine fan still working when i shut down
>might be doing something important
>worst that could happen if i let it run is dead battery
>proceed to disconnect fan because fuck my car
>>
>>14959548
The only thing fucked if i disconnected it was the radio.
The fan kept spinning like 4 straight minutes, so there was nothing to do but what i did.
Also, like i said, no computer, no reset, everything is mechanical.
Also, the electrics have proven to be extremely unreliable, with things like the engine locking failing on with the car having less than 60k miles.
>>
>>14959517
>Just thrash it already kid

Say no more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaeiaDd-2fs
>>
>>14959507
If that happens either your thermo is broken and the engine thinks its overheating or you are legitimately overheating.

Check your coolant levels, if its low top up and wonder why its getting low. If it's fine run the engine and see if its getting up to pressure and cycling coolant, check for airlocks.

Check the radiator to see if that is fine too, if the radiator and coolant are all fine then perhaps your temperature sensor is broken, replace that.

The ECU keeps the fan on after stopping when the engine is getting far too warm, I've seen it on a lot of cars that weren't maintained when their coolant got low.
>>
File: transitawd04.jpg (93 KB, 450x312) Image search: [Google]
transitawd04.jpg
93 KB, 450x312
>>14959507
Why didnt you get a Transit or Mercedes Sprinter. 1.7 is pretty weak for a van.
>>
>>14959977
Coolant levels are between normal ranges.
Thing is, even if the engine is cold when i put the key on contact, the electric fan starts nonetheless

So i guess thermo it is
>>
>>14960008
Nah dude the car in question is a station wagon, the pic on top is unrelated.
Although, the same 1.7 TD engine has been used in Ducatos and else, hell, even NA versions were fitted in, which would get power in the low 60's. For a 2 ton Van
>>
>>14959507
>shutted
>>
>>14960008
The Palio is a station wagon, silly.
>>
>>14961450
Wew lad
A paid user that knows my shitbox's family branch
>>
>>14966666
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.