[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your oppinion on forking out 2-3 grand to rent a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
What's your oppinion on forking out 2-3 grand to rent a supercar for the weekend, /o/?
>>
>>14959114
Waste of money
>>
>>14959114
>>14959120
complete waste of money
>>
>>14959114
Why dont you spend that money and make your own car fast?
>>
>>14959126
because it wouldn't come close to the experience of a 600hp ferrari and i don't have 300,000$ to spend on buying one but i'd like to see what it's like for a drive and a roadtrip with the gf
>>
>>14959114
I'd pay maybe $1000 for renting one for a day but not 2-3k
>>
Would be nice if they didn't ask 4500usd/day for a fucking 458 or a MP4-12C
>>
File: 20160203_162339.jpg (657 KB, 1800x1350) Image search: [Google]
20160203_162339.jpg
657 KB, 1800x1350
I've worked on a handful of rental/track experience exotics and they are always beat (for obvious reasons) a lot of people turn salvage title cars into them since the value hit is so bad when reselling rebuilt ones. Here's a 430 with a nitrous pressure gauge hooked up to the F1 trans pressure and an LED that informs you the trans ECU is on, the underbody cover was packed with foliage like someone drove it through the bushes. Driving other people's expensive cars on the street isn't really that fun.
>>
>>14959155
>He actually thinks Ferraris he would rent would have 600hp
More like 250.
>>
>>14959450
None of the ones I've seen were limited or changed in that regard, it's not like you can turn the horsepower knob down, it would be difficult to reprogram the ECU strategy to make way less power, you could set the rev limit at 4k or something but I don't think anyone actually does that. I'm sure the proprietors have iron clad insurance and customer agreements and would profit off the car being wrecked, otherwise they wouldn't be operating.
>>
>>14959114
Honestly, I rather get a raging erection, edge for 2 hours then hit it with a framing hammer.
>>
>>14959447
why doesn't the 'RLY' light have a ? mark
>>
would rather be the dude renting out said supercars to dumbasses.
>>
>>14959114
It's a very bad idea. I would probably wreck it.

Now, 2-3 hundred to throw it around an airfield for a day? THAT I'd like.
>>
>>14959649
>2-3 hundred to throw it around

You could rent a Hertz Shelby Mustang for less than that for a day.

I think for most people, Hertz Adrenalin cars are about as good as it gets price wise. Otherwise you end up paying out the ass for something like a Ferrari thats maybe just a little faster than the 911's you can rent from hertz.
>>
Huge waste of money!!! Every time you want to rent a supercar & have the funds go to the bank and deposit said funds. In a few years you could purchase a 400+ HP car easily
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.