[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of the Scion iA? I'm about to finish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 2016-Scion-iA.jpg (2 MB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
2016-Scion-iA.jpg
2 MB, 2400x1600
What do you guys think of the Scion iA?

I'm about to finish college and am thinking of buying a new car. I heard these handle and drive pretty good and get great MPG's, and are cheap. I know they're basically Mazda 2s.
>>
>>14958036
One of my coworkers bought one and is thinking of modding the shit out of it for some godawful reason.
All i can say is that its cramped and slow compared to my 12 Civic
>>
>>14958036
I like mazdur but make sure to check out the Fit (and I guess maybe the Fiesta if you wanna be thorough).
>>
>>14958092
>Fiesta

Ford as a whole is completely unreliable. Might as well go buy a Chrysler.
>>
>>14958036
Would there be any reason to consider this over a Mazda 3?
>>
If you absolutely insist on buying new just get a Civic, OP.
>>
>>14958036
What's your current car? Anything wrong with it? or do you have a car at all?
>>
>>14960061
2003 Grand Prix GTP

It's draining my money and I want to buy something fuel efficient, cheap, new, stylish, fun to drive

the iA meets all of those for me. Just concerned with long term reliability since it's a Mazda and not actually a Toyota
>>
>>14958052
>All i can say is that its cramped and slow compared to my 12 Civic
Well no shit Sherlock.
The Scion iA is closer in size to a Honda Fit than a Civic.

>>14960007
It's a rebadged Mazda 2.
That's like comparing a Chevrolet Aveo to a Chevrolet Cobalt and asking which is better.

There's nothing wrong with the Scion iA. It's fun to drive, and reliable While /o/ may tell you to get the manual only, I will say that while the automatic is a worse transmission than the manual, it's still a better automatic than all its competitors because it's not a fucking CVT.
>>
>>14960102
draining your money how? routine shit that you've been putting off?
>>
>>14958036
It's literally a rebadged Mazda

You're better off getting a TC, iM or basically anything else.

IMO a used TC2 would be a good choice if you just want decent car with some utility, I moved my apartment twice with mine. And it's got decent torque considering the MPG (I get 24-25 on average with Eco mode)
>>
>>14960148
24-25 mpg is pretty fucking shit for a 179hp engine, mate
>>
>>14960166
It's a fucking 4-cylinder dawg
>>
>>14960102
Mazda is pretty much just as reliable as Toyota nowadays
>>
>>14960148
>implying being a rebadged Mazda is a bad thing
>implying it's not better than all of the boring ass Toyota-made Scions
>>
>>14960604
Scion have shit resale value. Its a shit brand, for shitheads. Buy the fucking Mazda
>>
>>14960332
That's exactly why your car is trash. My Sonata with a 10 year old V6 gets that kind of mileage
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.