[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/ reporting in. It's time for me to buy a new car. Budget
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: unquestioned_authority.jpg (47 KB, 400x195) Image search: [Google]
unquestioned_authority.jpg
47 KB, 400x195
/tg/ reporting in. It's time for me to buy a new car. Budget is not a factor, but I have no idea about cars or buying them. This is what I need:

>good mileage
>reliable, will last me 10+ years
>room for three passengers and cargo; a road trip car
>not a pickup truck; I don't do any labor, hauling, etc
>not a full size SUV/hummer; my dick is average
>not a minivan, I don't have kids
>not low to the ground like a normal car (sedan?)
>not a luxury brand, too rich for my blood
>can share it with my wife
>new, not used

Currently considering the 2016 Rav4 Hybrid. Thoughts?
>>
>>14910754
Isn't there a sticky for this?
>>
>>14910796
OP wants to buy new from stealership.

Honestly op just get a corolla.
>>
File: VF.jpg (619 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
VF.jpg
619 KB, 2560x1600
>>14910754
Just get a good old Commodore.
>>
>>14910847
>corolla
Why the Corolla over the Rav? I don't really like driving cars so low to the ground.

>>14910901
This is some Australian brand, right? I'm in America.
>>
subaru forester. shit is practical as practical can get. retarded amounts of rear seat legroom for roadtrips, gets pretty okay gas mileage, has really fucking good visibility, and sits a pretty good distance above the ground. great cars, really. I own a 2015 year.
>>
>>14910960
"so low to the ground"

It's a normal fucking car you faggot. learn to drive. Lower cars, AKA normal fucking cars, will have a lower center of gravity, better stability, and better handling. Just get a fucking corolla, or a Subaru WRX if you want something practical that'll last a while.

Also get a manual, for the love of god.
>>
>>14910754
Go check out Mazda. Cx3 or cx5 might be what you'd like. Good room good fuel economy and has all the cozy gadgets I imagine you'd want. The cx5 is a really good vehicle and I always enjoyed driving them.
Every brand has something that'd fit your needs so just head out to the dealerships tomorrow and go on some test drives.
Every small suv has pretty good fuel economy so it's just gonna come down to personal feel. Look a bit online find if any had any recalls or anything wrong with them and make your decision based on all that
>>
>>14910960
Apparently they call it a Chevrolet SS in Burgerland
>>
>>14911000
Lesbian car.
>>
>>14911017
>get a manual
why
>>
>>14911029
He's a fa/tg/uy he's going to end up buying an HHR just you watch.
>>
File: 1299023161876.jpg (34 KB, 200x259) Image search: [Google]
1299023161876.jpg
34 KB, 200x259
>>14911074
I didn't know what that was, but after looking it up I can see why that car would be associated with /tg/. Alas, not sure my wife would let me have it.
>>
>>14911056
Because if you don't you're a cuck.
>>
>>14911084
What you're asking for is a crossover and /o/ fucking HATES crossovers. We will tell you to get a small true SUV like an Xterra or 4runner. Some people will tell you to get a wagon like the Forrester but in the end you fucking know you're going to buy an HHR because it's cheap and just big enough without being anything approaching good so just do it already and stop rustling our jimmies
>>
>>14911096
I gotta share with wife. I drove a manual in high school if that counts.

Do they even make new cars with manual? I haven't seen one in years.
>>
>>14911105
I don't actually want one, it looks like Tom Preston drew a PT Cruiser.
>>
>>14911111
fucking of course /tg/ steals our quints.

fug.
>>
>>14911111
Just go to dealerships and look at crossovers. Pick one and hope you don't regret it in a few years though if you don't really care then it shouldn't matter. We can show you pictures all day and put our opinions on about then while being condescending but you've already decided you want a crossover
>>
>>14911118
>>14911226
Got it, thanks for your quints btw
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.