[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /o/ I need some advice I'm current a student and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 2007-2009_Mazda_3_sedan[1].jpg (171 KB, 2117x1290) Image search: [Google]
2007-2009_Mazda_3_sedan[1].jpg
171 KB, 2117x1290
Hey /o/ I need some advice

I'm current a student and I drive a Mazda 3 2009 but with 165k miles. I'm thinking of picking up a part time and I've gotten multiple calls from a delivery company for food that will most likely hire me. As far as I know it's basically like pizza delivery except with restaurants. Same food delivery type of deal. Anyways considering the year and miles on the car how bad am I going to fuck up my car if I do this? I've been told since it's 2009 I really shouldn't even worry but now since it also has 165k miles in it already that this may make a difference but I don't know shit about cars. I've had the car for a year now and I haven't had any problems with it. I barely ever drive it except for school and hanging out.

What if I just did it for a year? Will my car make it?

pic semi related
>>
>>14909884

Does it have any current issues that need addressing?
Just keep up on maintenance and you should be ok. Thinks like oil changes, coolant flushes, transmission servicing, brake servicing, brake and power steering servicing, keeping gaskets/hoses that go bad seem in rough shape changed. That stuff will keep your car running along nicely even if you do a delivery service. If it's heavy city stop and go driving you may want to shorten the intervals since that is some of the toughest on your car.

Also at those miles things like timing belts and valve cover gaskets probably need changing by now.
Oh and don't forget the air filter and spark plugs/cables.

Refer to the owners manual for recommended intervals and other specs.
>>
>>14909903
Thanks this really made me feel better. I felt like I was going to destroy or damage something that can't just get taken care of by maintenance, I don't know shit about cars.

I didn't see any Stupid questions thread so I'm gonna ask some here

My friend tells me the reason why my rims have a reddish brown powder around them even though I constantly was them is because it's the brake pads. They are most likely ceramic or something. Is that true? This shit makes me rage because it just makes the car look dirty at all times. Is it just a matter of getting different break pads I guess?

How does /o/ feel about plasti dipping rims? My car is the same exact color and model in the OP and I was thinking of making the rims black. Will it look like shit or nah? The rims currently are pretty chipped up from my shitty parking skills but I've gotten better to the point where it never happens any more but the damage has already been done.

Also how I paid 5.5k for this car. How bad did I fuck up. It was in a small accident previously apparently but from what I could tell it just cosmetic shit since I've had 0 problems since I've been driving with it.
>>
>>14909965

Dunno much about plastidipping, isn't the durability of that stuff kind of lax? I hear they peel after a while. Might be worth some researching before you go and do it.

The reddish brown stuff is brake dust. If you get higher quality pads you'll probably see less of it. Don't go for the "gold" tier pads at Discount Auto if that's where you go. Since brakes are such an essential part of driving along with tires it's worth the money to get the best. Check some forums where Mazda 3 fans congregate and find out what they think is best for this make and model or go with OEM, can't go wrong with OEM. (most of the time)

5.5k is about what I see them go for on CL for around 120k miles+
With an accident on record you could probably have negotiated a lower price. Check the stick for tips on how to buy a used car and avoid getting a lemon. As long as you don't see any frame damage then I guess you're good. Do the brake test on the sticky to see if the suspension is ok. Do an eye inspection of the underside too.
>>
>>14910000
Thanks

nice quads
>>
>>14909903
those motors use timing chains.

is it a 2.0? they're more reliable than 2.3s. just gotta worry about motor mounts, rust, and oil consumption. usually pcv valve starts drinking oil, but you gotta pull the intake manifold to change it. 2.3s have some timing chain issues.

they're pretty reliable cars though. keep an eye on fluids and it'll be fine.
>>
>>14910173
I have a 2.3L
160k with zero issues.
Only thing I've had to do is change an alternator.
>>
>>14910173

>they use timing chains

Pretty based tbqhfam

So is that on the 2.0 2.3 and 2.5? Also what are the issues with the timing chain on the 2.3? The guides? The tensioner?

I'm in the market for a car and the Mazda 3 is on my radar.
>>
>>14910188
>I'm in the market for a car and the Mazda 3 is on my radar
>someone is specifically looking for my car to purchase

feels good man
>>
>>14910188
they get slack from the tensioner, and the phasers like to go out. though usually if one goes out you replace everything while you're there.

i have a 2.0 2010 at 100k and no issues besides fucking ford motor mounts shitting the bed. best upgrade to do is the e-focus rear motor mount.
>>
>>14910299

I heard the 2010+ models have clutch problems. Going out prematurely and falling apart etc. Especially in the 2010 models in particular. I think Mazda addressed the issue but the 2010 models have abnormally high complaints for their clutches in that year.

Also, does the tensioner problem persist in the 2.5?
>>
>>14910331
well I haven't had any issues with the clutch, but who knows what the previous owner did. I heard most people had the clutches grenading really early, like within 20k miles. this is my first manual car, and i learned on it. no issues yet aside from stuff related to motor mounts.

I dunno about the 2.5. honestly don't hear much about them. I'd take that as a good thing. Rarely ever get mazdas in the shop, if I do its an old 626 or something.
>>
>>14910351

Cool, I was looking at maybe the 2.5 3 Sport if I can get my hands on one with a good history. It has a beautiful interior, sexy options, dual exhaust, etc.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.