[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /o/ it's anon again. How are ya? I was wondering i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Hey /o/ it's anon again. How are ya?

I was wondering if this Volvo's missing emblem on the steering wheel may be a sign of an airbag deployment. The Autocheck is clean but you never know.

https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5523924466.html

https://www.diigo.com/item/pdf/5gt7b/ij4p?k=2e62bba0ca47135a3b1b2a3b83922927

Seems like the pins that go in on the top right and bottom left broke off too.
>>
>>14909173

No, an airbag is sold as a whole unit. The entire center of that steering wheel would be replaced if an airbag deployed.
>>
>>14909173
Probably just got taken off to look cool or some shit
>>
>>14909344
This, there's actually a split designed into the airbag cover. If it deployed it would be damaged and it would be really obvious if it was repaired.
>>
File: DSC01363.jpg (88 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DSC01363.jpg
88 KB, 640x480
>>14909344
often the whole steering wheel even. they're required by law to be collapsible for like 40 years or more. so it absorbs impact.
>>
>>14909344
>>14909362
>>14909370
>>14909381

Great to hear.

What does /o/ think about this car anyway? The S40 looks pretty nice and it seems reliable. I just don't know about how easy it is to maintain and also since it's not a T5 the HP is looking pretty low for the weight.
>>
I totalled my car 2 months ago and ran the carfax on it for shits and giggles... Accident still doesnt show up. Everything comes up clean. Just so you know
>>
>>14909795

I knew it wasn't a 100% assurance that the car was never in an accident but yeah, it's something.

Keep checking and maybe we can find out about how long it takes to show up? If at all.
>>
File: Twingo Jet.png (387 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Twingo Jet.png
387 KB, 800x1200
>>14909519

Still would like to know what /o/ thinks about the S40. Single bump
>>
>>14909519

It's a reasonable normal car. Not as good as old Volvos because Ford, but not entirely bad either.
>>
>>14911262

Ford got their hands on Volvo too huh? Dayum
>>
>>14911297

Yeah, models after the 740/940 were significantly less reliable and comfortable, with worse interiors.

Not that they were unreliable or badly made overall, they're still pretty good cars, just worse since now around 40% of the parts were from the Ford parts bin and Ford bean counters were at work making the materials lower quality
>>
>>14911329

I see, pretty surprising that their Edmunds and KBB reviews are still very positive. Even the reports of issues on the S40 is relatively low, they sold pretty well for a while too. I remember seeing them everywhere in the mid/late 2000s. Hardly see Volvos on the road anymore.
>>
>>14911398

Like I said, they are still good cars and quite reliable, just not as reliable as they used to be.

6k can get you a lot however, if you're not to concerned with image and want something nicer/more comfortable you can get something that's older and in better condition, but that Volvo looks like a pretty sweet deal to me.
>>
>>14911420
What else do you think I should look at?

I want something somewhat modern, I've been driving 90s cars for a while and would like to join the new millennium.
I've been looking at all sorts of cars. Mainly a DD with a daily commute of about 20 miles round trip. Want to be able to drive long distances in comfort if need be. Want some decent horsepower for merging and overtakes. Reliability a must and something not hard to work on for DIY maintenance.
>>
>>14911463

Well Mercedes made before 1995 are great for everything, but I get that you want something newer on the age front, however almost any mode in the range can be had for your budget.

A Lexus LS, GS or RX of similar age or older than the Volvo can be had and those things will soldier on with minimal maintenance forever, however the engine bay is a bit cramped and later models rely on a lot of electronics - for example the engine management also controls the oscillating air vents

Subaru Legacys are fairly comfortable and very reliable, all the old money around here loves them

These are just some suggestions, there are literally millions of cars out there
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.