[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where is the cutoff between being able to walk into a dealership
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
Where is the cutoff between being able to walk into a dealership and test driving something, and basically being told to fuck off?

Assume you're white, can dress yourself well, and are intelligent enough.

Like, does a Ferrari dealership request some sort of proof that you're loaded before they let you test drive a car? Do they even let people test drive Ferraris?
>>
if you have to ask you are probably going to look so fucking out of place they'll ask you if you're waiting for your daddy

>"I'm white so I can get away with anything XDDD"
not when you're 300lbs and visibly NEET
>>
Your appearance, even race, matters less than you think. Salesmen can usually tell pretty quickly if you have any green to back up your supposed interest.

But, of course, there are also dealerships that don't give a shit about any customer and treat them all like shit until they forcibly show they can buy shit.
>>
>>14909129

I'm asking in general with the assumption that you're a normal, sociable, well-adjusted person.

Making fun of the white comment sounds like you're a jelly nigger, btw.
>>
>>14909125
Ferrari dealerships are more like show rooms with some lower end demo cars like a base 458. They only let you drive around the block anyway.

Never had a problem driving a Mercedes or BMW but I wear nice clothes if I'm going there and I park away from the dealership.

If they only have one car like say you wanna test drive a Shelby gt350, you're more than likely not going to get a test drive.
>>
File: 1460741615178.jpg (68 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1460741615178.jpg
68 KB, 400x400
If you're an overweight neet in a fedora you'll get laughed out of the dealership, and if you're making this thread, I'd assume you are.

You just fucking walk in like you're gonna buy the place. I've test driven plenty of cars I never had any intention of buying, no ferrari dealerships around here, but Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, and Audis.

Car salesmen are fucking pro at reading someone's body language/appearance. And it's not just 'wear a suit and tie' I got in an S-class no questions asked wearing a hoodie. Also if you shuffle in off the bus or drive up in a 15 year old honda on steelies they're gonna know you're not worth shit. You gotta turn up in a nice car to drive a nice car.
>>
>>14909150
>Ferrari dealerships are more like show rooms with some lower end demo cars like a base 458.

>Walk into Ferrari Stuttgart
>snap some photos of an F40
>ignore boring 612
>suddenly loud V12
>salesman drives the FXX round from the workshop in the back, back into the showroom

Fuuck...
>>
>>14909142
>there are only white people and black people on this earth
>only white people buy ferraris
OKAY KID I'm sure they will just tell you to fuck right off. I've gone to dealerships with a friend wearing casual clothing and they let us drive their cars (well him anyway, I didn't really care). They don't let you go on the freeway or go too fast or anything unless the salesman is a cool guy.
>>
>>14909125
Age, mostly. If you are under 40 you're basically marked as a time waster.
That being said, I looked around and hopped in a lotus exige and played with the gears without anyone batting an eye, while I was wearing shorts and a tanktop.

They did see me come in with my dad though.
>>
>>14909160
I want Balalaika to dominate me
>>
>>14909125
Lots of dealerships will take your license and credit card no matter who you are if you want to test drive. That alone keeps poorfags scared of fucking up the car.

Like people have said, you'll be taken more seriously if you show up in a decent (doesn't need to be high-end) car and walk with your head up and balls forward like you're used to being in charge.

The richest man I know drives an S63 and Ferrari 488 and used to have a Quattraporte. He never wears anything but gym clothes when he's not on business, but his demeanor screams "boss".
>>
>>14909186

I guess I'm more curious if there are some brands that have hard and fast rules. I think I once heard that Mercedes simply doesn't allow test drives in AMG branded vehicles. Seems hard to believe.
>>
>>14909186
>That alone keeps poorfags scared of fucking up the car.

I signed a 250k waver to test drive an SL65.
>>
>>14909202
I wouldn't be surprised by that, those things are monsters, and most people who buy one walk into the dealership knowing they want one, rather than "I wonder what merc I want.."
>>
>>14909211
lel, I'm worth over a million and wouldn't do that
>>
>>14909269
A million pesos is like 10 bucks, Juan
>>
>>14909275
actually closer to 60k, still more than you Matthew
>>
>>14909275
USD tho

Losing $250k because I wanted to drive a V12 drop-top landbarge and some idiot hit me would be a nightmare.
>>
>>14909186
>He never wears anything but gym clothes when he's not on business, but his demeanor screams "boss"
This, really. Go look at any non-celebrity getting into their $500k car and the majority of the time they'll be dressed in whatever was on the floor.
>>
>>14909290
And I couldn't even drive it really, because sudden downpour (was sunny when I left with it) and it was fitted with semis. Oh well, it was still worth it. I really love the thing.
>>
Sales people can tell by the way you dress and speak if you are rich or not immediately.
>>
>>14909290
>Losing $250k because I wanted to drive a V12 drop-top landbarge and some idiot hit me would be a nightmare.
Welcome to the United States of No Compulsory Liability Insurance, proudly third world since 1776.
>>
>>14909318
It's a boring ass car, bud.
>>
>>14909290
>>14909592
Germany, though.
>>
>>14909603
I don't get it. Why bother? I said I like it. That's really all that matters to me.
>>
File: prole cap.jpg (8 KB, 236x214) Image search: [Google]
prole cap.jpg
8 KB, 236x214
>>14909580
Speech is a good one. Speech and manners are the most foolproof way to tell someone's social class.

>b-but there's no class anymore
>I'm just as good as those educatated guys who went to Yale!
>>
>>14909580
Of course they can't. Spoken like a true poorfag.
>>
>>14909611
k boringfag relax it's no big deal
>>
>>14909616
What if it's a drug dealer? Fuck, you autists would make shitty slalespeople lel.
>>
>>14909655
money =/= class
A drug dealer can show he's got the money, but we're talking about how to get a test-drive without being loaded to the ceiling.
>>
>>14909125
I remember some anon posting on here about his dad going to a Porsche dealer and being told to "fuck off to the Honda across the street". He was told to fuck off because of the way he dressed - a college t shirt, flip flops, shorts. Anondad went to Audi and ordered an S7, then complained to the manager of the dealership who promptly fired the asshole dealer at Porsche. Did anyone happen to screencap that?
>>
>>14909717
What difference does your "class" make if you're a broke timid homo who's only going to waste time :/
>>
>>14909125
>Dropped off by the bus in front of the dealership
>Or pull into the lot in a 90's econobox
Sure signs that you will be rejected.
>>
>>14909744
A broke person doesn't have class, particularly if he's timid. Money and class are related but not identical.

The point is that if you give off signals of being educated and financially solvent you're going to have an easier time with customer service people.
>>
they go by how you got to the store

just bring your good car or a decent motorcycle and you can test anything
>>
>>14909616
>>14909580
>>14909295
>>14909186
These. Family friend drives a 2015 Audi R8 and an Aston Martin Vanquish. Don't think I've ever seen him wear anything but a t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops.

If you show up to a dealership in a suit and act like an autist they'll know you're full of it
>>
>>14909739
>college t shirt, flip flops, shorts
I can imagine a lot of rich people dressing like that in places where it's hot as fuck. I find that hard to believe.
>>
File: Untitled-1 (2).jpg (400 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1 (2).jpg
400 KB, 816x612
It has nothing to do with how you look, it only has to do with how you act. I live in Silicon Valley where any douchey 20 year old in a tshirt could be a millionaire or a hipster making $12/hr selling conflict free coffee grounds.

I walked into a Porsche dealership, asked him like 80 specific questions about ordering a custom built car and and he clearly knew I was interested in it. Then I asked about a test drive. I was with someone, and the salesman had no problem with the two of us taking a brand new two-seater out for a spin without him. We were 25.
>>
>>14909160
Balalaika was my first anime crush.
>>
Let me get this straight, you can test drive lambo and ferraris but when I ask to test drive a camaro ss the dealer tells me no one's allowed to drive the V8 models, only v6 and below? What the fuck chevy
>>
>>14909125
If you walk into a dealership and write a cheque for the sticker price of the car you custom-ordered from the manufacturer a week ago, and then leave the dealership with plans to go golfing with the owner of the dealership (who came out to make sure that the customer who buys a very expensive new car on exactly the same day every two years, as his Father and his Father's Father have done before him is well taken-care of), and you do not ask for a test-drive, you have reached the cutoff for being able to take a test-drive. Remember: the W in WASP stands for Winner.
>>
I own a 2013 Porsche 991, I can test drive any car I want, so long as the salesperson sees what car I drove up in. Don't buy expensive cars though, they are a waste of money.
>>
File: 1452080853741.jpg (40 KB, 400x402) Image search: [Google]
1452080853741.jpg
40 KB, 400x402
When I was going into car dealerships around me last summer looking for a car, I had no issues. I showed up age 20 with the just got back from the gym look and I was able to test drive whatever I wanted on the lot minus a Mercedes Maybach and a 911 Turbo S Vert.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.