[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
haven't driven manual in 6 years, new job requires me driving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: hnng.jpg (61 KB, 737x552) Image search: [Google]
hnng.jpg
61 KB, 737x552
haven't driven manual in 6 years, new job requires me driving manual car, no manual to practice on, help me refresh my memory on here please!
>>
>>14907832

Left one down, Right one middle.
Left one up, Right one Right.
Move stick accordingly.
>>
>>14907856
That is one fucked up pattern
Don't real cars have a shift pattern of left one up, left one down, middle up, middle down, right one up, right one down with a lockout for reverse?
>>
>>14907914
I have that without the lockup
>>
>>14907832
Just go to a used dealership and tell them you want any manual
>test drive it
>never go back
Driving manual is like riding a bike, you might lose some skill but you never really forget
>>
>>14907914
This is what my sti has.
>>
Brrrrreeerdbeerrrrrrrrr drereeeeeeeeeeeee durrrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
File: 1415294298552.jpg (145 KB, 2210x610) Image search: [Google]
1415294298552.jpg
145 KB, 2210x610
>>14908044
this to be honest

you gotta rev it up like bam
>>
File: 18q06oe6y7o70jpg.jpg (32 KB, 720x428) Image search: [Google]
18q06oe6y7o70jpg.jpg
32 KB, 720x428
>>14907832
Just get in a drive, anon. You'll be okay, it's like riding a bike, you never completely forget. You may not be completely smooth at first but it won't be nearly as bad as learning for the first time.

Crash course of steps since I think that's what you're looking for:

>clutch in to start car
>make sure it's not in gear
>take off parking brake
>clutch all the way in
>put shifter in first gear
>let out clutch slowly and add small amount of throttle
>>
>>14907914
yeah thats what mine has as well.
>>
>>14907914
I think anon here is referring to the pedals in his comment.

Left one down (left foot on clutch) right one middle (right foot on brake)

Left one up (release clutch) right one right (right foot throttle)

He just worded it rather strangely.
>>
>>14908142

I want to learn. I sort of want to go buy a manual car out of the blue and learn the hard way on the way back home. Might b fun once I stop stalling it.
>>
>>14908178
It's really not hard. I bought a manual car without having any experience, I had my dad to help teach me though. Spent about 30 minutes in a parking lot, then began driving on the streets for about an hour. I drove to work the next morning. Wasn't a great idea but I did it.

If you really want to learn I say pull the trigger and just buy a manual car.
>>
just go play initial D after about $15 in quarters you'll be a pro again

or go to used car dealerships and ask to test drive all their manuals
>>
>>14907832
Did you actually learn a manual well enough to drive it properly?
If so, you'll be fine. It's like riding a bike, it's all muscle memory.
If not, buy one and practise.
>>
>>14908345

I used to game dates to the local movie theater just so I could play that while they spent 20min in the bathroom, then they got rid of it :c
>>
>>14910361

Being a fan of arcade games in the USA is pretty sad.
>>
>>14907832
If you actually know how to drive a manual you won't have forgotten. You never do.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.