[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>1105+911 >not putting 3" piping on an inline 4 banger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>1105+911
>not putting 3" piping on an inline 4 banger
it's like you guys don't want to go fast
>>
hey don't be mean man, I want to go fast
>>
I've been thinking of just adding an ORP to my stock system.
>>
>>14905947
Header>Catback on an i4

both ideally
>>
>>14905947
too bad that pipe is bigger in diameter than the length of your dick
>>
>>14905947
Considering 90% of people set form over function on /o/ nowadays according to a thread we just had, most likely.
Also, a big ass pipe doesn't do much if your power peaks at 5k 120hp.
>>
b8 thread
>>
>>14906523
What state/province has particle testing? Mine was straight obd2 testing and I have race headers with straight pipes
>>
>>14906576
Cali is the grand cuckstate.

I'm sure other states might if your setup is obnoxiously loud.

KY don't give a shit
>>
File: Capture.png (47 KB, 453x458) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
47 KB, 453x458
>>14906576
Here
>>
File: 1454359418940.jpg (190 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1454359418940.jpg
190 KB, 1920x1080
should i remove my resonator for a straight pipe with the stock muffler? pic related
>>
>>14906646
Particle testing isn't the same as emissions tests. They both test emissions but particle testing tests what's coming out of the tail pipe while regular testing is seeing what the computer says is coming out. The differ wildly.
>>
>>14905947
implying this wouldnt rob hp from all but the high teir turbo i4's
>>
>>14905947
where is your cat?
>>
>>14906665
eh that will just add drone
>>
>>14906674
Hmm. I thought they were one in the same.
>>
>>14905947
the optimal size of pipe is the same size as your exaust port.
>>
>>14905947
>what is resonance
>what is volumetric efficiency
sure bro, those phat pipes make it go faster

the reason a stage 1 mod involves upgrading the intake and exhaust is because you need to increase the flow of air and exhaust in the following stages.
>>
>exhausts
It's like you actually enjoy limiting your fast potential.
Why even bother?
>>
>>14906710
>>14906674
The level of half-knowledge is insane.

Particle testing is just that, testing what kind of particles come out of the tailpipe, that mean, what fine dusts and other solids are ejected. Emissions testing is hooking up a mass spectrometer to the end tailpipe and precisely measuring the composition of the exhaust gasses, you know, CO2, NOx and so on.
>>
>>14906941
I thought emissions testing measured everything from what gasses, at what levels and actual particulates.

I knew both were measurable because both are come out the fucking tailpipe.

I dunno man, I just wrench what I can and I'm always learning as I go.
>>
>>14906952
It's a simple difference. Particles give you Black Lung. Emissions give you greenhouse effect.
>>
>>14906959
Well yeah, I know that much. My lack of knowledge was the fact they were different tests. If somebody's vehicle was shitting up the earth, I figured they'd test both at the same time. Why separate the tests?
>>
>>14906941
nah. they have gas concentration sensors. they're just a dicky little electrode.

I'm not sure about this but I am pretty sure that highway cops, mobile smog stations and MOT type inspections wont know about your particulate emissions unless you've blanked the particulate filter a lot of diesels are being installed with now.
>>
>Tfw vehicle is 35 years old and requires no emissions
>Tfw no inspections either

>>14906646
>>
>>14906941
Clearly they test differently here than there because I just fucking explained what it was or you didn't understand. In anyway emissions testing here consists of reading the data from the sensors from the obd2 canbus.

There's no half knowledge involved dumbass.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.