[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just got a car, I won't say what because reasons, it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1394410012082.jpg (36 KB, 600x419) Image search: [Google]
1394410012082.jpg
36 KB, 600x419
So I just got a car, I won't say what because reasons, it has coilovers and is lowered. Not sure how much, came that way.
I hit a bump on the freeway after I bought it on the way home, and it bounced so fucking hard repeatedly that the car almost went sideways on the freeway. It was funny at the time but has made me nervous about freeways.
Is this normal for lowered cars?
>>
no. you have 500 dollar chinese trash coilovers and are an idiot for buying a poorly modified car
>>
Gs 300 guy we know it's you. Leave the trees alone.
>>
>>14905529
$500 trash? How much do coilovers cost normally?
>>14905538
Nyet, early 90s jap car.

How do I keep it lowered but not bounce like a fucking bouncy ball?
>>
>>14905616
>>
>>14905640
Can I just take them off?
I got the car as a daily driver, not to rice out.
>>
>>14905652
Yeah just buy a regular strut and spring combo for it. You could buy struts and then some lowering springs too if you wanted.
>>
>>14905684
Ah ok, thank you.
So what is the bounce coming from now exactly?I get its cheap coilovers, but I'm not sure why that would cause that, I don't know much about cars and why that would make me bounce horribly.
>>
>>14905707
The shock absorber in the coil overs is probably worn out so really all you have now is a fancy spring. I bought my subaru with blown rear struts (shocks/ shock absorbers) and I could get the rear wheels to come off the ground just by pushing down on the bumper repeatedly. $120 and some time later and it was perf.
>>
>>14905505
You bought a Honda Civic and it has cut springs.
>>
>>14906948
Nah, it has aftermarket coilovers/Springs.
My buddy looked at it before I bought it.
>>
>>14908226
You bought a 240SX. Are those coilovers light purple? Emusa ebay shit if so. But honestly, those still hold up pretty well unless you really abuse them.

$2000 is an extreme exaggeration for a good set of coilovers. You can spend $1000 and have a quality set. Less if you buy used, but that can be risky. You could get a blown out set and be just as bouncy.
>>
>>14908279
It's a prelude. I don't know the color of the stuff yet, I haven't looked. I just got the car on Thursday and I haven't even gotten a chance to look at it yet, too fucking busy.
>>
>>14905707
The struts are blown. You need struts. If you push down all the way on one corner of the car to test its strut, it should extend back up and back down to the original height only once. If it bounces multiple times your strut on that corner is bad.
>>
>>14908332
Will go check this out in a few minutes.
Stay tuned.
>>
>>14908331
>he bought a pigfat 2-door riced Accord
>>
>>14908342
Pls no bully.
I wanted a jap car to learn about working on a car with, and the deal worked out pretty well
>>
>>14908279
>2000
>extreme exaggeration
Hello stancefag
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.