[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Fiat Chrysler recalling over a million cars because some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
>Fiat Chrysler recalling over a million cars because some people were too stupid to figure out how the fucking gear shifter works
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/fiat-chrysler-recalling-more-1-1-million-vehicles-n560706?cid=sm_tw
can't make this shit up
>>
Remember when Toyota recalled millions of cars for "mysteriously accelerating" when it turns out it was retards who floored it instead of hitting the brake, or people who didn't take care of their cars and got their carpet covers jammed in the pedal?

A majority of American drivers should have their licensed revoked.
>>
It's just like that one time when Toyota got into a class action lawsuit and had their reputation considerably damaged because a bunch of morons confused the gas and brake pedals.
>>
Remember when GM had to recall 20 million for supposedly "faulty" ignition locks, and "suddenly" turning off, when it turn that retards have attached useless shit to the keyfob?
>>
>>14903456
Which is something that's entirely safe with any manufacturer other than GM.
>>
>>14903364
The shifter in these vehicles are basically a 5 position switch. 2 up, 1 up, neutral position, 1 down, 2 down. 2 up gets you park from drive, 2 down gets you drive from park.

Know what else is a 5 position switch? Auto up / auto down window switch. Every fat ass american knows exactly how those work when they pull through the drive through, but thats none of my business.

Whats worse is there is a prndl display on the cluster AND on the shifter.
>>
>>14903456
Except that wasn't the case at all
Damage control harder gm cuck
>>
File: Truciolones-Ultra-4.jpg (100 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
Truciolones-Ultra-4.jpg
100 KB, 500x354
>>14903456

>Koosh balls
>useless

fuck you anon
>>
>>14903364
How do you get confused by an automatic shifter?
>>
>>14904751
The problem is there's barely any notch between 1/2 up and 1/2 down. You bump the shifter lightly backwards from park, and sometimes it hits reverse, sometimes it hits drive. bump it forwards from drive, sometimes it hits reverse, sometimes it hits park.

I could easily see people bumping the stick forward from drive and getting park 99 times out of 100. but the 1 time it hits reverse instead is a problem.

It really is terribly broken shit.
>>
>>14904817
Senpai, coming from someone who used to drive these things every day, there is a distinct difference between the 1/2 and full up or down positions. Also, you cant shift it out of park unless your foot is on the brake. If you're paying attention, there is no way fuck up. This is 100% user error.
>>
>>14904845
I had a rental grand cherokee with ~30,000 miles on it, and there was almost no notch moving backwards. Yes, you have to put your foot on the brake to move it out of park, but it's not always certain whether you're going to get reverse or drive.

It's a horrible design that gets far far worse with a little wear.
>>
If you drive them longer than a day you get a feel for it. I never had any problems going from any gear to any gear. Even if you suck at it, there's still a PRND light on the cluster and on the shifter. If you look at it, it shows what gear your in. There is no excuse for why people are wrecking their shit other than user error, period.
>>
>>14903456

i still get those fucking letters

"your vehicle may be at risk!"

i live life on the edge
>>
>tfw these are the people who will want only self-driving cars
>tfw the demand for manual cars will plummet and people who enjoy driving will all own ten cars of their choice for less than the cost of one used self-driving car
>>
>41 potential injuries reported
All women
>>
>>14904975
Tfw following your train of thought supply will plumet b/c no demand
Tfw that means said cars will skyrocket in price due to them becoming "special"
Tfw learn basic economics
>>
>>14904990

All boomers and millenials
>>
This is why JD Power ratings are bullshit. These are the type of idiots that report these "defects".
>>
>>14903364
>it's a Jeep thing
>>
>>14903456
Mom has 10 million keys and a gm vehicle without the >safety ignition
That shit is rock solid
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.