[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This just in: Audi, Porsche and Merc cheated emissions too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: serveimage.jpg (40 KB, 920x627) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
40 KB, 920x627
>hurr BMW are so shitty these days hurr they aren't even fast, VW Audi Merc Skoda are just as fast hurrrr durrrrr
>hurr BMW don't know shit about engines durrr

>turns out they've all been caught cheating emissions to improve performance
>all apart from BMW

Where is your god now? I don't even like or drive a BMW, but that's fucking pathetic on everyone else's part. Fucking cheats. At least BMW provide that power without messed up Diesel emissions.
>>
Oh and they're recalling cars, 600k just in Germany.

>250k cars by Mercedes in Germany alone

top jej fucking pensioners.
>>
File: 1444305106984.jpg (6 KB, 249x242) Image search: [Google]
1444305106984.jpg
6 KB, 249x242
>>
>>14903016
It's only in German right now, just breaking

https://www.tagesschau.de/wirtschaft/rueckruf-pkw-105.html
>>
>>14903028
Apparently you can't fucking comprehend you own damn language then, you moron. They're recalling them voluntarily. Manufacturers recall cars for various reasons all the time. Nothing in relation to emissions has been stated by anyone so far, neither the aforementioned companies nor any third party.
>>
>>14903039
>They're recalling them voluntarily.

So? What the fuck difference does that make, you goddamn blathering retard?

>Nothing in relation to emissions has been stated by anyone so far,

WRONG. Learn to fucking read, asshole.

> Abgas-Probleme
>Bei den betroffenen Autos werde bei bestimmten Außentemperaturen die Reinigung der Abgase zurückgefahren. Das ist laut einer EU-Richtlinie zwar erlaubt, allerdings nur, wenn ansonsten ein Motorschaden oder ein Unfall droht.
It's in. the. fucking. HEADLINE.

But yes I'm sure they're recalling these cars TOTALLY randomly, ALL these manufacturers AT THE SAME TIME.

>German butthurt is big on this one
>>
>>14902998

The only reason people were so ass blasted about VW was because they had the ultimate buyers remorse because they got cucked in to buying a car they never really wanted. My emissions meme is the only thing VW had going for them

Now on the other hand who gives a shit if any other companies lied about emissions
>>
modern bmw is shitty for many other reasons than what you think people don't like about them
>>
>>14903049
>being an Anti-German German
Gas yourself.
>>
>2016
>omologation tests for emissions
>test standardized routine is not replicable in real life
>anyways resulted test emissions are true and legit
>people cry because in all day driving their fuel consumption are higher than what the manufacturer declares
>shitstorm

BUT

>this is way different from creating and operating a cheating software in order to scam the relevations
>also get them money for muh ecologic vehicle
>green engines
>VAG group is the same in /o/ is constantly being idolatrated

tl;dr Cheating =/= publishing results of a stupid non replicable standardized test
>>
>>14903070
>D-d-d-damage c-c-control!!!

Pa-thetic.
>>
>>14903095
>>people cry because in all day driving their fuel consumption are higher than what the manufacturer declares

But this already happens. To every car ever.
>>
>>14902998
>too stupid to cheat on the emissions test
BMW BTFO
>>
>>14903116
All the ratings assume you are on an empty road, when putting traffic in perspective it can make a difference as big as 10 mpgs
>>
>>14903136
Our manufacturers give traffic/town average too and it's always bullshit too. Literally nothing about a car spec is more bullshit than mpg in Europe.

Add 2 liters to every rating they give. As in
>6L/100km
It's actually 8 to 9L.
>>
why is this cuck board so butthurt about german cars?
>>
>>14902998

who the fuck cares about emissions? Don't tell me we have treehuggers on this board.
>>
>>14903150
My 90 hp diesel shitbox was advertised with 6L, the trip computer says 6L, and the fuel bills add up to 6L when charged against the mileage.
>>
File: brutus v12.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
brutus v12.jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
>>14903153
Because Americans divide the automotive world into two groups
>Apple pie eating, straight-rye-drinking, V8 coal rolling Domestic
and
>S H I T
And since the Germans are the most relevant big boy's cars club country next to Japan (who specs itself more on the everyman loser, see Corolla, Civic, Prius and Accord) anything Germany does or develops proudly, like a new fast Bimmer or a stylish Merc, is seen as a direct challenge to the size of America's cock, therefore it must be hated on with the fury of a thousand chimping niggers.
>>
>>14902998
Protip: Everyone that advertised diesel engines as "clean" and "efficient" used the software.
>>
>>14903226
Eh. At the point we're at with emissions, even missing the current standards by double the margin is still practically pristine. EURO5 was a mistake. Anything north of EURO3 was crazy already.
>>
>>14903150
my honda fit is correct.
>>
File: 1447205451427.png (697 KB, 884x564) Image search: [Google]
1447205451427.png
697 KB, 884x564
>diesel's non-commercial end is nigh
2016 TURNING INTO A TIPPITY TOP YEAR
>>
File: 1426991501742.jpg (168 KB, 566x800) Image search: [Google]
1426991501742.jpg
168 KB, 566x800
All car companies make or have plans to manufacture a crossover as their primary seller and are therefore all equally garbage.
>>
>>14903396
That's just called responding to the market. A company has to make a profit somehow.
>>
>>14903189
This is largely a class division. The more blue-collar side of my family has decided that Ford is the GOAT automaker and takes extreme offense at my mother driving a BMW 5 series like it's a slap in their faces. Say all you like about BMW, but their attitude boils down to money.
>>
>>14902998
bump so this thread does not die
>>
Emission standards are getting to the implausible range.

Instead of mandating ever lower emissions. We should just let car companies build the car as they want. Then tax the owners according to the emissions of their car.

The more NOx, CO, CO2, and particulates you emit, the more you pay. You will pay every year too.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.