[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you had a gf, would you let her drive your car? Why or why not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: 345345.jpg (129 KB, 600x887) Image search: [Google]
345345.jpg
129 KB, 600x887
If you had a gf, would you let her drive your car?

Why or why not?
>>
Would depend entirely on her driving record
>>
No.
>>
I taught my first gf how to ride stick, in both senses.
I did it because my mother told me the story about how my father gave her driving lessons back in the day and that she thought it was pretty cool/cute of him.
It's a nice way to create some lasting impression (if done right) plus after that she learned well and so I wasn't afraid of letting her drive if I got drunk (she didn't drink).
Now that I'm older and not with her, it depends on the girl. I absolutely refused to be on the passenger seat with one who used her left foot for braking.
>>
>>14902357
If she asks and is willing to learn manual, sure. I drive a $700 shitbox; it's nothing special anyways.
>>
File: DSC_2237 oil painting.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2237 oil painting.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
taught my chinese immigrant ex how to drive in my truck and that was fun as shit.
>>
My gf drives both of my cars. Both manual, rwd, v8 cars.
>>
No.
>>
File: IMG_20150427_130309.jpg (499 KB, 1418x1418) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150427_130309.jpg
499 KB, 1418x1418
>>14902421
This.

Registered and insured is the only way she's getting behind the wheel. Also, she has to know how to drive manual.

To be honest, I sometimes won't even let her drive her own car if I'm around, much less mine.
>>
Yeah, she's driven my car. Hers is nicer than mine anyways.

>1995 Buick 2.2l auto sedan
vs
>2015 Fiesta manual diesel hatch
>>
>>14902357
I drive a Volvo that bluebooks at around 5$ and some pocket lint. I'm teaching my GF how to drive and MAN she's a massive lead-foot. In any case, I'm training her on my car because it's both worthless and very safe. If she's going to wreck in anything, I'd rather it be a safer car.

It's also approaching the point where either the motor or tranny WILL quit (300,000+ miles). The car is leaking coolant and burning oil, as well as shedding metal shavings into the ATF. Giving it a viking funeral seems fitting. I kinda hope she does wreck it, so long as she doesn't get hurt (would make her slow the fuck down at least).
>>
>>14902357
My gf drives my STi all the time but hates the AW11.
And I'm completely fine with that.
>>
File: CavM1vDW0AE-zyJ.jpg (57 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
CavM1vDW0AE-zyJ.jpg
57 KB, 600x600
there are women out there who I could trust to handle my car but they are exceedingly rare
>>
I once let my gf drive my mx5. First thing she did was to forget the clutch when starting the engine. I laughed my ass of, she started crying.
Btw, we're not murifat, so she learned how to drive manual...
>>
Taught my then gf now wife how to drive stick in my E39 540i

Won't let her touch my car now because she'll probably spin it into a tree. 2015 Mustang gee tee
>>
>>14902569
what is up with fiestas being so popular in bongistan? They are like the gayest cars on the road here in the US
>>
>>14902740
When will you teach your wifes son?
>>
Assuming she has a clean record sure.
>>
If I trust her driving it, yeah.
>>
File: More_0ebce3_5708367.jpg (52 KB, 500x889) Image search: [Google]
More_0ebce3_5708367.jpg
52 KB, 500x889
That would depend entirely on me considering her a competent driver
>>
>>14902746

I wouldn't know. Neither of us are from there.
>>
Can girls even drive manual transmission?
>>
>>14902357
Last time I tried that she backed into a parked car.

My car has parking sensors.
>>
>>14902896
if weebs can do it then it really is not hard at all, or impressive.
>>
She thinks manual is unnecessary and refuses to drive my 2002 Honda Civic si hatchback. Its one of the few things that we disagree on and it's a pain because I do love my stick so much.
>>
No.

But she wouldn't even try. It's right hand drive and manual.
>>
I let my girlfriend drive my car. Bye bye clutch disk
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.