[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buy on 06 Civic Si >100k miles >unmodded, full maintenance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1429092208635.jpg (118 KB, 550x733) Image search: [Google]
1429092208635.jpg
118 KB, 550x733
>buy on 06 Civic Si
>100k miles
>unmodded, full maintenance records
>be third owner
>Civics are reliable right?
>clutch within 5000 miles (I've owned manual cars before, it isn't me)
>brake caliper piston breaks
>transmission keeps popping out of third
>front bump stops apparently were shit from factory
>motor mount needs replacing
>aux jack on stereo breaks
>clear coat begins peeling
>don't race car at all
>don't mod car at all
I drove a fucking BMW with 100k miles for 50k and only did basic maintenance, and I drove it harder than the Civic
I thought Honda was reliable
>>
>>14902021
Sometimes things just suck. It could've been a hard 100k you know
>>
>>14902059
This
Who knows what it went through before you.
>>
Since the late 90S , honda has had average tier reliability. The reliability meme is from cars earlier then that time period , the king in that department will always be Toyota.
>>
>>14902059
Yeah, just...fuck. I bought the Honda so I would have a cheaper car to maintain in grad school. Instead I've put more money into this than I ever did the BMW.
>>
>>14902077
I'd think this is well below average tier, no?
>>
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 160x160
>>14902021
>I could sure go for some bread right now
>>
>>14902021
Sounds like shitty PO's
Clutch needing to be replaced that early was probably lunched a bunch of times. Brake piston breaking is probably from a small shop or they did the brakes themselves incorrectly. (Dad's frontier had the same problem from getting it done from a small shop.) Transmission popping out of 3rd is a common problem since owners won't fucking change the trans fluid every 30k miles and they leave their hand on the shift knob like fuccbois. They probably didn't avoid potholes/manholes and didn't slow down at train tracks hence why the bump stomps went to shit so early. Motor mounts need replacing nice the PO's were reving that at every other Honda they see. Clear coat pealing on a 10 year old car indicates they didn't wash/wax/polish it at all in the cars lifetime and probably parked outside. Aux jack acting up is from it getting wet from moisture, sweat, etc. or it could be your cable. That maintenance record sounds fishy to me.
t. civic owner
>>
>>14902080
Never listen to the memes, you should have stayed with the BMW.
>>
>>14902021
Just wait until the rust sets in. My dad has a 2009 that's already got rust around all the various little dings it's acquired over the years. I don't know if it's anecdotal but jap steel seems to rust way easier.
>>
>>14902155
I did double check the jack, the cable is fine.
>>14902106
You think I have money to give away my bread?
>>
>>14902169
I've never seen a rusty car in my lifr, how incompetent do you have to be for a car to rust in your care
>>
>>14902765
road salt fucks cars up dude
>>
>>14902021
>neglect to throughly inspect an abused vehicle
>get mad

Also servicing the callipers is regular maintenance on any car I really fucking doubt it just 'broke' it probably seized due to being bone dry

Maybe test drive the fucking car next time ya?
>>
>>14902021
Shoulda bought an old civic
>buy 98 civic for 500 dollars
>244k miles
>runs and drives decently, had a misfire
>replace plugs and wires
>drives like new
>only rust is on the door
>rest of paint besides bumper is immaculate
>sound system and head unit are nice
>get 33mpg average
>>
>>14903008
hi, yes hello. Give me civic
>>
>Have 89 prelude
> 160 k miles
> everything electric works
> only have to replace battery and tires
> only thing failed is shocks and original timing belt at 190k
if only I checked to see if the belt was new.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.