[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have the chance to buy a Datsun 280Zx with 138000km (8600m)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: large_1377458496869044038.jpg (81 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
large_1377458496869044038.jpg
81 KB, 640x480
I have the chance to buy a Datsun 280Zx with 138000km (8600m) for $11,500(CAN).

I have wanted one of these for a long time and know the pros and cons, and in a way it is my dream car at the moment.

I am just looking for an opinion before I push the button. Should I do it?
>>
>>14900792
>$11,500
Is it made out of gold?
>>
Anything more than 4k for a zx. .. just no
>>
>>14900803
I'd only pay that much if it were a BLACK GOLD Edition and was mint
>>
>$11,500
>280ZX

Wew
>>
>>14900819
>not "black ice" edition
>>
What's that in America dollars? About 10k?
>>
>>14900869
>>
>>14900792
>12k
>this is like the price of a brand new ford focus
>you could turbo a 3yo ford focus base model for less than the price of this car
>get better power to weight ratio
>go faster
>wiring will be cooked enjoy doing an oil change without needing to rebuild the wiring loom
>fucking ancient rust bucket
>muh classic car
>give it another 20 years and if you find one with no rust you can call it a classic car
>its a shit pile that was imported from japan around 100 000km
>needs an entire rebuild by now
>lel boost bleeder
>not just a valve job
>pistons will be burnt out
>wiring loom fucked
>entire ignition system fucked
>new head
>turbo rebuild
>all hoses replaced
>fuel system replaced
unless you really like this car and you want to spend another 10k$ restoring it then no. if it was 3k$ then you could just drive it until it exploded.
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 788x791) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 788x791
>>14900792
God these prices.

Pic related car in my country. 123k km or 76k miles for you. claims its rust free and perfect condition, last insured and driven in 1995 and since then garaged.

He didnt even bother cleaning it. Whats funny is the price. I live in shitty poor south eastrn european country and the dude wants 14k euro/16k USD for it. It's fucking funny what goes through these people's heads. He probably bought it cheap from some dying grandpa and wants to turn a huge profit. Good luck to him tho. A z32 twin turbo in good condition (insured and used as weekend car since mid 90s i think) was being sold for 4k euros/4.5k usd and no one wanted to buy it because >poor europeans >japanese car >maintenance >not a diesel
>>
File: lel.jpg (437 KB, 1592x1128) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
437 KB, 1592x1128
>>14900991
>>
I don't know what the fuck is going on with prices in Canada, but that's an absolutely ridiculous price here in the states.

If that was for a 240Z I'd jump on it, but never for a fucking 280ZX.
>>
Unless is a black gold or red gold anniversary, or a zxr that price is absolutly laughable.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.