[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Abarth 124
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
What does /o/ think about this carro?
>>
I like the looks, but 180hp with a turbo is the yuck. And it's only 10hp more than the 124 Spider. They should have just went with a N/A engine if those numbers were their goals.
>>
Best modern car in this decade
>>
>>14900260
Looks better than its MX-5 counterpart for sure.
>>
>>14900291
It's just MX-5 tuned by Abarth
>>
it's a fiat
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 568x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 568x437
Looks ok for a faggy convertible, but it's probably made of ultra hyper cheap Chinese plastic junk everywhere around you just aching to break within the first year of owning it.
Assembled in Mexico with a cute little Italian badge that make your vagina tingle.
All these new "Italian cars" the fiat 500 :( The new Alfa Romeo thing that has received endless bad reviews and looks like the e brake handle is gonna rip off in your hand & now this abarth all look good in a picture (aside from the 500) but are made "light" & the manufacture will tell you that that is to achieve better gas mileage, but they won't be bragging about all the money they save making things cheap and thin in China.
Yeah it's a fucking gay ass car for total 200% KEKS who think a scorpion badge on some plastic Mexican Chinese shit is Italian and Italian is good for some reason.
>>
>>14900324
With Mazda handling the platform and powertrain.
>>
>>14900340
scratch powertrain, though it's built at a Mazda plant in Japan
>>
It's a Fiat. It's going to be a shop Queen. Unless mazda builds the whole thing, then it's a God tier car.
>>
>>14900323
Yeah no. They don't even share the same drivetrain.
>>
>>14900260
want one, sadly they are almost twice as much as a normal 124, so I'll probably buy that and get an exhaust system similar to the Abarth one
>>
>>14900265
>They should have just went with a N/A engine if those numbers were their goals.
Fortunately they didn't - and left lots of meat on the table for tuning.
>>
>>14900351
Mazda designed everything but the engine (which is the reliable 1.4 Turbo), and they're building it too.
>>
>>14900465
Bullshit you liar.
>>
Fiat's Greek site has a leaked/placeholder price for it.
>>
>>14900522
it's literally a Miata with a Dart engine.

and yes the Italians do make a reliable, torquey, rev-happy inline-4. The 1.4 FIRE Multiair Turbo comes stock with forged internals and will do over 200 HP with a tune, or leave it stock, shove a short intake in there and get 41+ mpg with fulleh sikk flutterz an' dose m8 like tsutsutsu.

It completely changes the character of the Dart compared with the regular 2.0L, I can only imagine a Miata with that engine would be the most fun you can have on four wheels.
>>
it's going to be a fucking incredible performance bargain.

some bits of into
>that 1.4T is a fucking TANK. really reliable in both the dodge dart and 500 abarth, the only reliable part of those engines
>it has freakishly strong internals. HPSI makes a tune that puts it at 230 wheel horsepower with just the tune and an upgraded intake. 230 wheel horse in a 2400lb car is a similar hp-per-ton to a mustang GT
>if you somehow manage to blow the engine, who cares? used 1.4T engines from junkyards are like $1500, chump change for such a new engine.
>upgrades wise it's basically a miata club with 4pot brembos up front, the only change you really "need" to make is stiffer springs and that's it.
>fucking QUAD EXHAUST with an exhaust note so good it doesn't even sound like a 4banger. look up 500 abarth exhaust clips, it'll be the same exhaust as that
>the depreciation rate is predicted to be similar to the 500 abarth, meaning after ONE YEAR, a 32k abarth 124 will be 23k, NINE GRAND cheaper

the only real downside is that it's not a coupe
>>
>>14900260
probably going to be fantastic. I don't think it's under powered at all. For a very new car, it's extremely light. You'd be surprised how aggressive a small engine can seem in a very light car. It won't sound amazing without a lot of exhaust tinkering, but it'll push your ass to the seat just as well.

I personally like the looks, but even if it was awful looking I'd still want one.
>>
>>14901338
and last, possibly most important bit of info

>it's almost entirely an ND miata. the only fiat parts are the body panels, head and tail lights, and the engine. even the transmission is from the NC miata.
>it'll be manufactured in the same assembly plant as the miata, meaning japanese quality control

it's basically the perfect italian/jap blend. Italian engine, looks, and exhaust note, japanese everything else
>>
>>14900260
>lets take the mx5 and make it turbo like everyone wants
>make it 10 more horse power
BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY
>>
>>14901338
>if you somehow manage to blow the engine, who cares? used 1.4T engines from junkyards are like $1500, chump change for such a new engine.

Yeah, I'm really surprised at the parts availability. I didn't think the 1.4 was all that popular. Sad to think about people crashing them, though.
They are also pretty easy to work on, everything's accessible (in the Dart, at least), and they will tolerate lots of abuse.
The exhaust note is intoxicating. I tore the interior out of my Dart just to hear it. Cut out the resonator for maximum brap.
>>
>>14901338
>that 1.4T is a fucking TANK.
>230 wheel horsepower with just the tune
This meme again
>used 1.4T engines from junkyards are like $1500,
>ONE YEAR, a 32k abarth 124 will be 23k, NINE GRAND cheaper
Oh so its a piece of shit, thanks for reminding me
>>
>>14901444
THIS
it's just a meme being perpetrated by googlefag
>>
>>14901444
it'll depreciate a shitload because of the fiat badge.
in reality, the only reliable thing fiat makes is that 1.4T. if it was any other engine you'd be right in writing it off but this is literally the single exception to the rule.....but nobody else knows that and will assume it's a fiat time bomb as usual.
that's also the reason the engines are so cheap, nobody wants them because they don't actually die and because it's a fiat part.

>>14901415
power will be at most adequate stock, but with a tune it'll be a monster
>>
File: 1fb3cd4fcef5821cf2e774b8afab3c57.jpg (482 KB, 1968x1764) Image search: [Google]
1fb3cd4fcef5821cf2e774b8afab3c57.jpg
482 KB, 1968x1764
>>14901462
>My magic tune will cure my fiat from being shit
Yeah, nah
>>
>>14901478
http://www.hpsimotorsports.com/#!eurodrive-obdii-flash-phase-1/ca1o

this will be the only good thing in FCA's entire lineup but it will be incredible (with a tune)
>>
File: liberator.jpg (24 KB, 276x280) Image search: [Google]
liberator.jpg
24 KB, 276x280
>>14901499
Enjoy ruining warranty for snake oil
>>
>>14901462
to be fair, the FIRE 1.4 has had many revisions, of which the multair turbo is the latest. The T-Jets are pretty solid too, just ask that guy with the yellow Punto.

you need to keep up on oil changes with the multair system, as it uses engine oil as hydraulic fluid to adjust valve lift.
>>
>>14901532
seems fair
>>14901516
the warranty will only be void on the engine and only if you run into a problem they can prove was caused by your tune.
to date, i haven't actually read of anyone using this hpsi tune on their dart or 500 abarth having any trouble more severe than a lump idle fixed by gapping the spark plugs a little
>>
>>14901499
>electronic tune
>fits all cars
how exactly is this piece of shit meant to improve the performance of a specific setup if it's one size fits all? that's the stock ECU firmware. barring rev limiter deletes, which are stupid on a not even stage 1 vehicle, what advantage would you hope to gain from a "remap" done by some stupid faggot? all they do is enrich the tables on those things. as we all know, not being able to pass emissions on a stock car and shitting fuel by fucking the stochiometry is a "performance upgrade"
>>
>>14901612
so you're saying all chiptunes are invalid or something? I'm not sure why you're still upset.
You can look up people running this tune on their 500 abarths, they enjoy it immensely.
The tune will need to be adapted for the abarth 124 but it'll be very similar to the abarth 500's engine so i doubt there's much to change
>>
>>14901653
Okay there snake oil shill
>>
>>14901612
The engines and software are all basically identical, which is why the tune works for multiple cars.
Also the Dart has no rev limiter stock, not that you'd even want to go beyond 6k anyway.

They don't shit fuel, they're direct-injected. Injector pulse needs to be carefully modulated. This isn't some ancient PFI crap with EGR. They burn very efficiently and technically don't even need a cat.
>>
>>14901653
I am saying that a chiptune is only valid for a single individual car. which is why you take your car to a tuning shop to have it tuned on a dyno. so that they actually tune your car. you cannot tune a car by just plugging in a 50$ dongle. you would do a better job installing a tuning chip and a wideband O2 sensor in your car desu senpai.

>>14901748
>all production engines are identical
this is not true. this is why you can get a 10% gain on a stock car with a custom performance tune.

secondly, the custom tune only sets the default map it doesnt set the automatically generated map. setting a better default map gives your car better performance because it helps the car to guess the right values based on the narrow band o2 sensor.

a generic chiptune WILL make a car shit fuel. because it is well known that all these custom tunes do is enrich the default tables. something which the ecu will gradually learn not to do, bringing you back to square one.

a generic chip tune does not improve anything.

the reasons for getting a custom chip tune are generally for when you want a car to perform on tables that it cannot learn with a narrow band sensor. ie expanding the fuel maps because you installed forced induction. or installed lumpy cams or some kind of internal engine modification which the car will not be able to run on temporarily while it learns the new values for the VVT ect.
>>
>>14901901
oh, forgot to mention for the hpsi tune you plug it into your car to scan all the various adaptations, then you send the file in for hpsi to mess around with and they send you the improved tune
>>
anyone who buys one of these brand new is a madman
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.