[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Helping a newfag find a car
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_7.png (304 KB, 540x260) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_7.png
304 KB, 540x260
Hey /o/ I am in need of a new car, and i could use some guidance. I need a car under $5k preferably sportyish. I am not exactly car smart, but my top pick right now is a chevy cobalt (pic). Here is one that i am interested in advice wanted. http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=29401&endYear=2017&modelCode1=COBALT&showcaseOwnerId=616337&makeCode1=CHEV&startYear=1981&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=50&showcaseListingId=423356672&mmt=%5BCHEV%5BCOBALT%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&listingId=426943504&Log=0
>>
>>14898778
>cobalt
>sportish
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaajajajajaajaja
>>
>sportish
>Cobalt
Did you just finish playing the first few black list members on NFSMW?
>>
>implying the cobalt SS isn't underrated as fuck
>>
I drive a stock cobalt. It's okay, only complaint is that it gets worse mileage than most cars in its class. Don't have anything weighting down your key chain.
>>
People love to contribute to the circle jerk all over the cobalt/ion/g5 but theyre not actually that bad. Interior feels a little cheap, and watch out for the faulty ignition switch, but they have decent handling for its class, and are reliable. If you want something sporty, even performance oriented, grab the SS version. Other options include the obvious Honda Civic Si, Acura RSX, or the VW GTI, and one a little less well known, the Sentra SER Spec V. Those are some ideas.
>>
>>14898778
>cobalt
i loved most wanted too but come on man
>>
>>14898778
Shut up and buy a civic
>>
How does the 2006 mazda6 s do?
>>
>>14898778
if you're gonna get a cobalt, get an SS. They're faster than skyline gtrs
>>
>>14901162
It actually is. It has more standard power than all the equivalent competition from the same model years, and was the fastest of all its competition price point for price point. The Cobalt's bang for the buck quotient can't be beaten

OP, the Cobalt is a decent choice but there are a few things to remember.
1: If you want to modify one, go for either a 2007+ 2.2L or any of the SS models. Make sure you get one with a manual transmission too if you want to modify. The automatics are decent with stock engines, but anything more than that and you'll be doing an expensive performance build on the automatic transmission.
2: it will squeak and rattle galore. The interior was made of plastics cheap enough to be rejected from a Chinese toy factory.
>>
File: 1278304194676.jpg (162 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1278304194676.jpg
162 KB, 1600x1200
>>14904320
This said, a good alternative is to find either a 2006-2011 Honda Civic Si (specifically the Si model. All other Civics are shit) or a 2002-2006 Acura RSX. The interiors are much better, even if the Civic's split gauge cluster is fucking weird and neither car is as fast as a Cobalt SS Supercharged or Turbocharged for that matter.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.