[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legitimate or Not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1
File: kKclCtKR.jpg (42 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
kKclCtKR.jpg
42 KB, 512x512
Sorry if this is the wrong place or way to do this but im looking to buy a supercharger for my tacoma and theyre a bitch to find.

Long story short, Id like to know if this is a legitimate site for parts or if any of you have had experience with similar places.

The site is cheapestfactoryparts

Also if there are any places you could send me to help me find the SC id appreciate it.
>>
>>14897763
>supercharger for my Tacoma
>supercharger for my
>supercharger for
>supercharger
>supercharger
>supercharger

I bet it's automatic two wheel drive too huh
>>
>>14897777
cant argue with those quads
>>
>>14897777
4x4
6spd

Thanks for being a dick though
>>
>>14897777

I respect your quad 7s, but

>Honda driver
>dissing others who drive automatic two-wheel drive
>>
>>14897777
>drives a base model civic
>talks shit about other's cars
Retarded faggot.
>>
>>14897788
Welcome.
What year?
>>
One post in and the topic is totally derailed...

All i need is some help finding a safe site to buy autoparts from. Since the dealer can no longer get the superchargers.
>>
>>14897800
Mad affffff
>>
>>14897763
If you want something that's easy to install and will only require an ecu flash from the dealer, TRD is the way to go. If you want more overall power, then URD.
>>
>>14897803
So the 4.0l v6

You actually looking to help me or just bash me some more?
>>
>>14897791
Two wheel drive is retarded
>>
>>14897809
Have you tried Rockauto?
>>
>>14897814
I need it to be the TRD charger for warranty purposes.
>>
>>14897815
Not bashing I actually want one.
Brb I'm going to search for you.
Btw I take back what I said
>>
>>14897811
>says the salty faggot that does nothing but post post-menopause bullshit
I'd be pretty unhappy if I had a 143hp shitbox too.
>>
>>14897827
Have you called Toyota at all? Do they even make a factory supercharger?
I know Honda makes one just never heard of toyota
>>
>>14897835
>here's your reply
>>
>>14897818

>coming from a honda driver

name four non-SUV/minivan/crossover/whatever the fuck the Ridgeline was Hondas that aren't 2WD
>>
>>14897821
Doesnt seem to be there they sell the serpentine belt but not the blower kit etc.
>>
>>14897827
TRDParts4u is Toyota of Dallas and they sell a shitload of parts, probably going to be your best bet. If you're wanting to keep the warranty, then a dealer install will be somewhere around $1000 with the flash.
>>
>>14897846
>no rebuttal because it's true
When are you going to plastidip your hubcaps?
>>
>>14897839
Yes they were recently discontinued and remaining stock was sold off. So im trying to find one.

Like I said i found a decent price for one on that site but i dont know if the site itself it legit or a scam.

Im not trying to find the supercharger itself so much as im looking to find a legit site to purchase from.
>>
>>14897827

You don't need a TRD part to retain the warrenty look up the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act. Also the Toyota previa came with a supercharger I'm not too familiar with their engines, but, if it is any sort of shared architecture it may fit.

Tuning may be tough, I piggy back computer will likely do the job and is easily reversible to take it back for servicing. I know you can mod a megasquirt kit to do the job.
>>
>>14897847
When I say 2wd I mean trucks that are rear driven that don't have a 2h 4h 4low.
Or a transfer case

Not Honda fwd sperg why bother replying?
>>
>>14897854
Yeah they dont have the TRD chargers anymore the company who made the chargers has started producing them under their name: Magnuson but since it technically isnt OEM it would void my warranty.
>>
>>14897863
So they magnuson chargers are still covered under the toyota warranty?
>>
>>14897882
Forgot about magnusson.
Toyota probably approves it to modify oem parts. I'd double check with Toyota man
>>
>>14897876
It won't void your warranty, but you won't get the power train warranty that the TRD one has. Being that it's discontinued they may not even offer it anymore. The Magnuson one isn't carb exempt like the TRD-branded one is. I'm going to wait and go with URD for my FJ.
>>
>>14897863
So if i get the magnuson SC and have the dealer install it my warranty should still be intact? Thats what your saying right?

Id still rather not spend 6k on the blower versus 4k
>>
>>14897892
Well i dont necessarily need the SC warranty i just want to be sure my Certified preowned warranty isnt vpided for not using OEM shit
>>
>>14897868

so in other words, you can't
>>
>>14897898
They would have to prove that the supercharger messed something up. For example, if I busted a CV boot on my FJ, it wouldn't be covered under warranty because I have a lift. To make your decision harder, check out URD. Their $5700 kit makes 130rwhp over stock. It's likely going to be my Christmas present this year once my Z is paid off.
>>
>>14897906
Honda only made vehicles that came "real time 4 wheel drive" which is their all wheel drive system they made the RT4wd civic and pilots came 2wd and 4x4 while the ridgeline came only 4x4

So no I guess not which has nothing to do with my previous reply's anyway
>>
>>14897915
Im honestly not looking for the "fastest" i.e. most whp producing charger out there. Just wanted to have a a decent increase and the TRD charger seemed the safest and best warrantied route. If I cant get the TRD charger ill hold off until the warranty expires in 3 years and buy one then.
>>
But in all the this my main question was never answered.

Are sites like the one the thread is about safe or are they just scams?
>>
>>14897989
Like I said, it's likely they're not an authorized reseller, so you wouldn't get the warranty anyway. At this point your best bet is to check eBay and see if any dealer parts departments are clearing out their final stock.
>>
>>14897989
I have never even heard of it to be honest
>>
>>14898000
They claim they are on the site but thats just words on a page so idk how truthful that is.
>>
>>14898014
Try buying something small like spark plugs and see if you actually get it delivered?
>>
>>14898037
I was thinking about doing that to see what happens.
>>
I found the SC on Amazon granted its 5300. And thats without the fit kit i also need.
>>
>>14898081
http://parts.toyotaofnashua.com/detailPage.cfm?part_id=655B523A-F4BE-4F2B-B541-5DC026956B82

Fit kit is retail, but it's from an actual dealer. Could possibly get it from somewhere else.
>>
>>14898159
Yeah i saw that but the site seem iffy to me because if you google toyota of nashua you get a completely different site. And no mention of this "parts" website.
>>
>>14898159
But i can try calling the number tomorrow whe im home and see what happens.
>>
>>14898173
Well, its likely like Toyota of Dallas, their parts site is trdparts4u.com.
>>
>>14897777
KEK
I'm not OP but I have a 2.4L (2WD duh) with a 5spd. Been mulling over the idea of stealing an LSD and Dropping in a SC.
the LSD or a Detroit locker would come first because hektik skids.
>Also if there are any places you could send me to help me find the SC id appreciate it.

Fuck that shit, go to LCEperformance they have kits.
http://www.lceperformance.com/Supercharger-Kits-s/16677.htm
>>
>>14898215
>not reading the thread
>>
>>14898081
see
>>14898215
LCE has kits for the 4.0L that do not include the S/C
>>
>>14898194
Thats true. And i dont midn spending the retail 4100 on it considering other places are teying to get 6000 or worse this guy on ebay just put one up; new never used 6700 starting bid
>>
>>14898227
LCE has kits for all years you spastic tard. from the ancient 22R to the [current year]
I was simply adding that I am also a taco enthusiast who wishes to boost as well.

>>14898229
>>
>>14897777
Why the fuck are you so angry man?

Fuck your quads, I want to know what's in your ass.
>>
>>14898234
I found some jackass wanting $8k on a classified site.

>>14898241
>OP wants TRD to retain warranty
>calls me a retard
Being illiterate is no excuse.
>>
>>14898252
They SELL TRD superchargers at LCE.
>>
>>14898265
>Magnuson=/=TRD
Again, reading is hard.
>>
>>14898271
LCE sells TRD install kits, your argument is invalid. It is a fucking factory TRD part.
>TRD S/C
>TRD S/C manifold
>TRD Bolts, nuts and bits

If you need everything down to the receipt to be TRD just fucking go to the TRD online shop and have it shipped to the dealer for install.
>>
>>14898285
Holy fuck you are stupid. The TRD supercharger has been discontinued and Magnuson now sells a 1GR supercharger and fit kit. It is NOT a TRD and will NOT carry the power train warranty the TRD kit offers. Not to mention is two fucking thousand dollars more you stupid faggot.
>>
>>14898299
>What is backstock for 500 alex
>>
>>14898303
Okay dipshit, post the link to the TRD kit. Go ahead, I'll wait.
>>
>>14898252
Thats just fucking nuts. Who in there right mind would spend that kind of marked up price??? Some people. Never thought there would be scalpers in the auto industry
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.