[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Took my Honda over to a dealership the other day to get serviced.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: Motor_Mount_09.11.png (99 KB, 460x431) Image search: [Google]
Motor_Mount_09.11.png
99 KB, 460x431
Took my Honda over to a dealership the other day to get serviced. They told me one of the motor mounts is collapsing and needs to be replaced soon. Everything on the car seems fine.

Are they just bullshitting me?
>>
>>14897714
Check for yourself and see, maybe?
>>
Open the hood and have a friend start the car. Does the engine wobble a lot?
>>
>>14897714
>Honda mechanic here
We don't bullshit when we recommend stuff retard.

It was recommended because the mechanic put your shitty auto Honda into D and when he accelerated he either felt a loud thump or shudder.

After that he performed a motor mount check with another technician
(I do this daily) and they both confirmed it.
>>
The torque eats them up.
>>
>>14897714
Had a motor mount go bad on my B5, you'll know if the car makes a thump when you accelerate quickly. If you have a manual, you can get a friend to look at the motor if it jumps, by getting behind the wheel and using full brake whilst nudging the clutch just enough to make the car react.
>>
>>14897843
It works with automatic too
>>
>>14897761
>honda
>2 mechanics required to diagnois a mount
>honda tech hard at work.
>>
>>14897855
It's a lot faster to confirm which one it is when one guy is shinning a flashlight at the motor mounts sperg
>>
>>14897761

>dealership mechanics
>not lying

lololol

>change tie rods
>take car in for alignment
>"Your tie-rod ball-joints are worn out, it's an important part of your suspension. and we need to replace them, that will be an extra $400."

>Take VW to dealer because too lazy to do clutch
>they call me, say my car needs a new ECU, something broke
>request car back
>they literally disconnected the TPS
>>
>>14897879
>how does drive by wire work?
>how do old fashioned throttle cables work?
>how do i waste more time than required on a simple thing?
>>
>>14897883
>Volkswagen
Their is your reply
>>
>>14897895

How would you rev a drive-by-wire car from the bay?
>>
>>14897895
I'm confused at this what does this have to do with motor mounts?
>>
>>14897905

>claiming to be mechanic
>doesn't see how that post is related to convo

You seriously just lost all credibility.

>>14897897

Same happened with Acura.
>>
>>14897904
>how do computers work?
>>
>>14897841
Kek
>>
>>14897724
Well it's a Honda so it either has a 3, 4, or 6 cylinder so they wobble a lot regardless.
>>
>>14897905
>I'm confused
average dealer mechanic
>>
>>14897910

How DO they work in this instance? Are you talking about hooking something up to the OBDII port?

Still not the equivalent of fucking with throttle body.
>>
>>14897909
Not my fault Volkswagen mechs lie have you seen the news recently?
>>
>>14897934

Did you read my post? It happens with every car.

>VW techs
>having anything to do with emissions shit
>>
>>14897944
>2015+1
>still owning anything Volkswagen
Not all dealerships or mechanics lie.
Maybe you should look under your car first and see what's fucked up before you take it in or mark shit. I don't lie when I recommend anything on a car. Tie rod ends are a serious thing to lie about
>>
You don't know engine start up wobble until you get in a Volvo 240.
>>
>>14897935
Yeah, they also apparently hold the brake and put it in gear for you as well
>>
>>14897925
>ford has vcm2, controls all outputs via obd2 port
Never liked honda but i figure they have it all aswell.
>>
>>14897996
>>14897993

Cool.
>>
>>14897761

I bought the car used 1 month ago. Prior to finishing the purchase, I had a $200 "new car inspection" done by a Honda Dealership near where I bought the car.

After 4 hours they told me everything was good.

Also this car seems to be running perfect, no vibration no thumping.

>>14897883
So much this. In my 10 years of car ownership I have seen so so many attempts at dealership scams. I hate that this is the state of the industry but dealership scams are RAMPANT
>>
>>14898035
Motor mounts fail instantly they don't give tell tale warning signs.

I'll use this story as an example.
>customer gets 3k of service done to car
>comes back for a routine oil change a month later
>I notice both cv axle boots on both sides are completely shredded and pissing grease all over the place.
>note it down and P&A axles (parts and availability)
>complete service and turn in R.O.
>service manger walks back into shop to confront me about axles. Thinks I'm full of shit and the anon that did the 3k work done said the axles were fine.
>tells me to pull car back in and raise it in the air
>I do it. Him and the 3k mechanic look under.
>sure as shit they are leaking
>service manager starts bitching at other mechanic
>the grease is fresh which means it happened recently. We both point this out.
>service manger shut up and walks away.

Even if you get something inspected especially if it's a used car there's sometimes no way in telling if something is going to fail. Even if they mark it down as good and it poops 2k miles later it isn't on them.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.