[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /o/ think of grandpas 2001 Saab 93 4-Door Hatchbac
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 00Q0Q_5XdvnSqdEoY_600x450.jpg (50 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
00Q0Q_5XdvnSqdEoY_600x450.jpg
50 KB, 600x450
What does /o/ think of grandpas 2001 Saab 93 4-Door Hatchback (76,000 Miles) - $3300

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/5547425567.html
>>
Bretty nice
>>
You think its worth $3000? Looking for something I can get three years out of.
>>
>>14894837
3000.. no
2500.. yeah, maybe 2600 or so.

You will need to verify it has had synthetic oil every 3000 if city driven, 5000 if highway. If synthetic was not used sludge killed these cars.
>>
seconding the oil thing, if it aint gm-ll-a-025 it's gonna turn to shit real soon
>>
>>14894848
yeah make sure it was serviced every 10k miles by a team of professional SAAB engineers trained in Sweden only. Those car were notorious for breaking down if you didn't.
>>
File: IMG_20160421_094155.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160421_094155.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
I've been looking at cars the past week or so. I have $4000 + taxes and stuff. Not great at it, I have changed a timing belt before, have done struts and stuff.

I really like these cobalts and stuff. It needs to be a daily driver and I like fast and whatnot. I'm tall, 6'3 and my head rides the ceiling in Hondas, I don't want a Honda.

This car would be under my girlfriends name so it needs to be automatic since she might drive it every now and then. I've had a hamburger crown Vic before, dogde neon, and geo metro. I currently drive her mom rocket focus 2.3l and love it. Its going on 191k miles now though.

Would this Saab be worthwhile even if its in to 2800 range? Do you guys have recommendations or anything? You can browse my craigslist www.cnj.craigslist.org

I'm just your friendly NEET from /g/. Pls help
>>
>>14894864
That isn't really true.

As long as the oil was changed every 3k/5k with synthetic it will be fine. Unfortunately GM said conventional/semi syn was fine.. and a shit load of engines sludged up.

This car in particular is an SE so it has a mitsu turbo and larger intercooler, the base had a garrett which burned out about ever 100k. The mitsu will last forever.

In addition to the oil, if plugs where not changed with NGKs ever 30000 or so the DIC (Direct Ignition Cassette) will fail.

Besides the oil sludge and DIC, both which fail because of lack of proper maintenance, these cars are generally pretty trouble free. I have 225k on my 01 9-3.
>>
Are parts cheap?
>>
>>14895004
NEIN!
>>
>>14895004
Sort of. They shared a platform with GM so it isn't as bad as it could be.

Saabs can be reliable. 76k miles is low. Sorry about the automatic. Otherwise, this seems like a good deal.
>>
>>14894869
fucking aloe drink?

wtf man that stuffs for sun burn
>>
>>14895067
My girlfriend buys some weird shit.
So you guys think its worth driving an hour or less to go see this car?
>>
I'm buying it for $2500 yolo
>>
Nice

But by 3300 nice. Closer to 2500 at most, and that's if it's been religiously maintained.
>>
holy shit this car is fast, I love it. I got 28MPG driving like a jackass.

It had a little vibration going 70+ so i'm guessing an alignment. It really needs new brake pads in the back, which it came with not installed. Had some seriously turd stopping power. Turns out it was a 2002 though, not a 2001. The antenna was broken off and the guy had put a Barry White CD in and I listened to some really good tunes on the hour drive back.

Thanks guys for the advice. I'm already in love with this thing. So nice on the inside, the body could need some love, but it was fast.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.