[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Autocross
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: v8z32.jpg (77 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
v8z32.jpg
77 KB, 640x640
Hello /o/ I want to get into autocrossing. I've watched a few youtube vids n whatnot, but wjat do yall think I should do to my car in preparation?
My car is an NA autotragic z32. I love it. just finished fixing the engine issues.pic not my car btw. I plan to practice in an empty lot before hand to fet a feel of my car.
Also. general autcross talk/advice
>>
>autocross
>z32
just avoid it because every gaiboi in their miata will rekt you
>>
Just make sure it runs reliably enough and go. Stop worrying and making up stupid bull shit excuses and go.

The first time I went was in an old, rusty, POS gonna with an auto, the shitty single cam D series, and worn out all seasons. It was the most fun is ever had.

Just go and do it.
>>
>>14892597
If you're doing it to have fun. Then go nuts
If you want to be competitive. Get a new car.
Also be prepared for EVERYONE to make fun of you behind your back. That's like 99% of autocross social functions
>>
also I've been planning on rebuilding the z32 anyways so >>14892635
I think I'll just mod as I go. I'm already building an engine that MAY go into the z32.
Also goddamn all the advertisements make it seem like a nice place and according to yall people are going to talk shit. Oh well doing ti anyways. I'm doing it to have fun but I also want to be competitive.
>>
Do you have a 2+2 or a 2 seater? A two seater will rotate better. You'll also want at least the rear swaybar from a TT. Z32s lack steering angle, I don't know if turns will be tight enough to matter.
>>
>>14892880
its a 2 seater.
So pretty much upgrade suspension+brakes slightly?
>>
>>14892998
Brakes are more than adequate imo
>>
>>14893007
ok then.
As for the suspension what are some good spots to upgrade (also specific good components to get?)
>>
>>14893007
they actually do look quite beefy
>>
File: IMAG0185.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1952) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0185.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1952
dont sweat that shit bro, im starting autocross this year for the first time. just waiting to afford tires to pass inspection.... Talking with a friend that goes most sundays you really just need a helmet, good tires, and be able to pass a safety inspection. Lack of battery tie downs are the most common overlooked disqualification from inspections from my drag racing experience (thats not a ton) basically if you have a nearly reliable DD your good to go. Have fun and dont try to be the fastest asshole first day. learn the cones and your car, learn to properly suspension tune through your experiences.
>>
>legit thread on /o/
>no one replies
God damnit I hate this place.
Someone help this fella out
>>
bumping cause im trying same thing. but with more turbo and brick
>>
I love these things, but they're closer to being a GT car then a sports car. Im thinking savage weight reduction is in order.
>>
Just make sure it doesn't leak and bring it stock. Most places have loaner helmets and instructors. Bring food, water, and painters tape. Have fun!
>>
File: IMAG0171.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1952) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0171.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1952
Dont know a ton about your chassis specifically but the average "make it better" for handling is gonna be

upgraded bushings everywhere, urethane or solid where applicable.
front and rear strut tower braces
front and rear upgraded sway bars
lowering springs and good shocks/struts DO RESEARCH ABOUT SPRING RATES GOD DAMN IT
Proper alignment with minor adjustments to toe and camber differs per vehicle hit a nissan forum for preferred specs.
wheel width is more important but diameter can help dial in your drive ratios

tires are one of the most important over all

Driver mod is real, do your home work on proper driving form and practice that shit bro. Also from personal experience, dont do it all at once. the autocross is alot of fun cause you can buy a new part every week or 2 and tweek and tune shit all the time getting your whip dialed in.
>>
>>14892597
>Manual swap
>Rip out the entire interior
>Swap out the steel suspension bits for the aluminum parts from the Z32 TT
>Get some decent coilovers (Tein Monoflex, Feal, etc)
>Delrin bushings everywhere
>285/35R18 EHP summer tires on 18x11 wheels all around

It'll never actually be competitive, though. You're better off just buying something that can turn.
>>
Britfag here, how do common classic cars usually cope in these kinds of events (Beetle 1302s and Minis in particular) Want something cheap and insurable I can use to throw myself at other shitboxes in.
>>
>>14895868
minis handle pretty good, a lot of brits drop honda engines, they are bretty fast with those
>>
>>14893007
>>14893068
>>14893074
For autocross you'd at least want some better pads and fluid. Upgrading the front rotors to 350Z rotors is also an inexpensive upgrade.

>>14893068
I don't know about autocross classes and whether you care about staying in stock, but you can go full out adjustable suspension arms and coilovers. I suggest looking at Powertrix, they specialize in Z32s. I run their Super Sport coils in 7/5 for the street. They regularly have sales, next one should be for the 4th of July, so check them out.

Don't forget wheels and tires. 255 is the widest you can safely fit in the front without modification, NAs fortunately can fit more in the back than TTs thanks to no HICAS.
>>
>>14892597
Do it.
Don't wait to have the perfect car or any other excuses otherwise you'll never actually race.
For your first time don't focus on being fast but focus on learning your car.
Do it OP
>>
>>14892597
How about an Acura Integra anons? I have a 5 speed gs-R but never thought about getting into autoX til this thread.
Seems up my alley because I only did basic suspension/tires/wheels work on it
>>
File: IMG_6235.jpg (142 KB, 986x740) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6235.jpg
142 KB, 986x740
>>14896509
integra gsr have a huge presence in autox in florida

>>14895729
>Get some decent coilovers
>Tein Monoflex lmao

>delrin bushings lmao

>285/35R18 on 18x11 wheels
>not understanding autox classing

fuck off ricer
>>
File: 1447898151083.jpg (51 KB, 493x512) Image search: [Google]
1447898151083.jpg
51 KB, 493x512
>>14892597
Get some decent tires, I'd recommend the RE-71Rs if you can actually find them instock
and prepare to have fun. Almost 99% of the people I've ran with are nice, fun, and are really helpful, don't be too worried about being competitive, you're driving around cones in a parking lot.
Also
>autotragic
Manual swap
>>
>>14892597
engine swap the z32. then it will turn into the z32 it should have been in the first place. FAST! because the looks of a z32 give it claims it cant back up with the misersable v6 even with twin hair dryers. because with a v8 you wont a bigger share in a gas station...
small engine big heavy shell doesnt work.
>>
>>14896607
>it cant back up with the misersable v6 even with twin hair dryers.
oh I'm laffin
another namefag to filter
>>
>>14896561
So they're a good starter car? I can see how it having a large following could help because I don't have as much guesswork as far as fitting for "best"
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.