[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell is this? Coolant started pouring out of it when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (314 KB, 2094x1243) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
314 KB, 2094x1243
What the hell is this? Coolant started pouring out of it when the cooling fan failed and the engine started running hot while I was sitting in the car, shitposting here.

I thought the water pump gasket failed, but I found out that it's pouring out of this tiny hole... I don't think it's part of the water pump, I'm sure that's located lower than this spot.

Anyway, it's on the right side of the front of the engine, facing towards the firewall. It's on a 1990 Honda Accord.
>>
>>14892328
Nigger take a better picture with the full engine so I can tell what I'm looking at. I'm assuming it's your radiator not holding pressure, but I can't tell
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>14892423
It's in that area.
>>
File: image.jpg (996 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
996 KB, 2048x1536
>>
>>14892328
that's the weep hole for the water pump. The seal to the wp impeller shaft has let go, do the timing belt while you're at it.
>>
I have a video recorded from another day that I could post, but it'll take a while before I can post it.
>>
>>14892515
Yeah, I figured it could be the water pump, but from my perspective, the hole it located much higher than the pump itself.

The video/webm I'll post could help.
>>
>>14892524
do it when you got a chance, auto tech that's home injured so I'll check back later tonight. gonna take some pills and nap. The only other thing I can think of is a freeze plug that has a hole in it from no coolant flushes.
>>
File: CoolantLeak.webm (797 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
CoolantLeak.webm
797 KB, 720x480
Unfortunately, it was recorded at a portrait angle.

I wanted to make sure I didn't burn myself on the rotor.
>>
>>14892722
>Burn myself on the rotor

But they're not hot....
>>
File: Leak.jpg (31 KB, 774x768) Image search: [Google]
Leak.jpg
31 KB, 774x768
>>14892722
The hole it's leaking out of really isn't in view, but it's a little higher than where that bigger hole, is below the arrow.

>>14892740
You've never changed a flat or worked around brakes have you?
>>
>>14892756
I'm 100% certain you are not driving your car anywhere with that leak meaning you haven't even used your brakes at all recently which leads me to believe you're an idiot that doesn't know shit.
>>
>>14892774
Now I believe you're just trying to troll me or you're compensating for your own ignorance.

You're wrong with your assumption; I still drive my car on a daily basis despite the leak, since I need it for my job.

But what do I do once the car no longer has any coolant, since it all of it leaked out? Well, I make sure the car has plenty of coolant/water in the radiator and overflow reservoir, so that the engine never runs hot, again, and I've been doing a great job in doing that. I'll never let the car run out of coolant.
>>
>>14892914
You're driving your car, daily, with the leak from your webm. Yeah alright. Also rotors cool off in minutes if not a minute. You can safely touch them all you want.
>>
>>14892722
90% that's the waterpump anon, the coolant is leaking out behind the timing cover. pull the harmonic balancer and cover and get a better look. civics are one of the easiest to do, get a chilton or register on vatozone site and use the repair help section. they use screengrabs from alldata, the same digital repair manuals we use. best of luck
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 220x221) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 220x221
>>14893616
You don't get it, anon, it's an Accord!

Kidding, I have an associate to work on it for $250.
>>
>honda mechanic here
looks like water pump to me. cant really see since you have horrible leaks and cant take a fucking picture
>>
>>14893846
Smartphones aren't the best devices for taking pictures (especially at night) and I do not own a digital camera.
>>
>>14893846
>>14893616
While im not too familiar with honda engines, with him saying its kinda far from the water pump and the amount of coolant that is flying out of the engine would a freeze plug be a good candidate?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>14894530
I'm still trying to figure out if it is the water pump, I mean perhaps it's located higher than I expected.

Here's the replacement.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>
>>14894546
Please post pic of new timing belt.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.