[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /o/ think of this Celica GT-S given the really goo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Orlando Celica GTS.jpg (56 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Orlando Celica GTS.jpg
56 KB, 600x450
What does /o/ think of this Celica GT-S given the really good autocheck and how clean it looks?

I mean damn most other GT-S Celicas look beat to shit or modded and have had 2-3 owners by now. This one looks bone stock.

https://orlando.craigslist.org/ctd/5517526770.html

https://www.diigo.com/item/pdf/5gt7b/sn1a?k=639896a0e4eefd3e703e81b158466546

Should I wait for a decent IS300 to pop up or swoop this up before some ricer does and just deal with FWD?
>>
File: Celica Supra.jpg (160 KB, 900x665) Image search: [Google]
Celica Supra.jpg
160 KB, 900x665
>>14891456

I wish Toyota never made the TC.
>>
I've owned three Celicas over a bunch of years. They have all been good, reliable cars...just normal maintenance stuff.
>>
>>14891843

What generations?
>>
>>14891456
It was my first car. I beat the hell out of it and got it to 170k. Its very reliable and worth it.
>>
>>14891456
I bought a 2003 Celica GT-S when I was 16. had it for two years, beat on it like a teenager, girls thought it looked fast, and it was incredibly cheap to own. I think in the time I owned it, I blew a speaker, replaced a headlight bulb, and that was it. even now, 10 years later, I'd still daily one. they're not fast by any means but still fun to throw around.
>>
>>14892027

It may not be fast, but is it reasonably quick? It's like 2500lbs and pushes 180hp out of that tiny 1.8L NA engine.

Currently driving a ~100hp shitbox from the early 90s btw.
>>
Quick enough for tickets and still gets great gas mileage. I had a white 2000 gts manual for about 2 years. It was a lot of fun. It was also the first car i ever financed.

I ended up wrecking it by rearending a car into another car into a mail truck. Sheared the top of the engine off when the hood tacoed. The airbags never went off. Thankfully no one was hurt. After 2 years and about 50k miles put on it commuting LA and san diego i got a check for 2000 less than i paid for it. I ised that to buy my first new car and that one is still in my garage 9 years later.

I still have a JDM underpanel for the Celica in the garage that I spent a fortune on because i was sick of pulling the plastic ones off for oil changes.
>>
>>14892512

Damn, sad to hear it got totaled. Sounds like these are good cars for someone used to slow shitboxes.
Great thing is I still get the MPGs and reliability I want out of a car. I'll also use it to learn manual on so there's that too. Don't want something too expensive and fuck something up.

Not sure if I want to settle on this one yet but I should at least go take a look.
>>
>>14892325
I would guess it's comparable to an RSX Type S, maybe a little slower but still quick enough.
>>
>>14892325
It's slow as fuck, FWD, and riced to shit regularly.

Avoid at all cost.
>>
>>14892670
What do you suggest? Stick with IS300 or something else.
Also this GTS looks clean as fuck. Also it can't be THAT slow.
>>
>>14891456
It's fucking slow.
Every version of it.
>>
l own a 2001 GT-S manual. lt's not slow. Handles great. lt goes very near to 9k RPM and the lift function kicks in at around 6500 (on GT-S, no lift on GT). By the time you get to third gear you've broken 65 MPH. So it's something you got to rev to get the most power out of. This also makes it a good commuter car, l've gone 375 miles on a full tank.

However, do not get a 2002 model! that year has a revlimiter that messes with the lift fun
>>
>>14891456
90% of those celicas i saw were driven by women, dunno why
>>
>>14891862
From the 80s on
>>
>>14895072
So the 2003 has it huh? Damn
>>
>>14895129
No they removed it. lt's only on 2002.

Check it out for yourself. l think it's on all VVTL-i engines. My friend has a 2002 Corolla whichis 2002.
>>
>>14895230
Oh great so the one I'm looking at doesn't have that problem. Thanks for the info.
>>
I own a 2003 T-Sport (190HP).

It's a fun reliable car, but if I were you I'd save for something better. The 0-60 is a bit faster than what it is quoted at online, but after that it dies.
>>
>>14895493
Any suggestions? Looking around CL for candidates for my next car and I'd welcome ideas.
My max is around 6000. Gotta have some left over for maintenance and tires.
I could try waiting a year to get something more expensive but I'm really tired of my current shitbox. I have no confidence in taking it very far from home and want something that I can take on the long road.
>>
>>14895520
DESU I was thinking more about what I wish I had done. Probably bad advice considering all I want right now is power. What do you currently drive? What exactly do you want from the new car? e.g. Power/Handling/Economy
>>
>>14895537
Current is 1992 Dodge Spirit automatic with shifting issues intermittently, oil consumption needing about a quart a month, super slow, rust, no a/c (live in FL and want a/c bad for the really hot days). Surprisingly reliable shitbox but it's not gonna last much longer and don't want to spend money on any major repairs when I can use it towards a better car.
I want something quick enough to bring some enjoyment, but not dangerously so, mostly to overtake slow drivers and merge safely/easily. Reliability a must, good build quality that's not a nightmare to do routine maintenance on. Manual preferred because I'm interested in learning and they're not black magic wizardry that can die if you do a fluid change. Decent MPG, over 20 city preferred.
RWD also preferred but goddamn FWD is everywhere.
Been mostly looking at Toyota/Lexus. Want to stay away from Hondas because ricer culture down here and thieves.
>>
>>14895593
In that case the celica is fine, other than being FWD. I don't really know what good RWD options would be in the US. some people would probably recommend BMW's or something, but they may cost you when it comes to maintenance.
>>
>>14895602
Not to mention certain cars which are cheap over here, can be super overpriced in the US. The Supra being an example as I think an NA manual would suit you well, but probably costs twice as much over there.
>>
>>14895602
Cool, feel better going for that Celica now. Thanks. I would love a BMW with an I6 but not that proficient at maintenance yet. Still have to do suspension work, timing belt, valve cover gaskets and the like.

>>14895617
Oh you are right about that. Rice tax can get nutty around here especially for Supras and the like
>>
>>14895640
>Rice tax can get nutty around here especially for Supras and the like

The supra is my favorite car so I really do feel for you. Just found an NA auto going for 23k. That is insane. They are only worth about 2.5-5k here.
>>
>>14895668
We can thank 2fast2furious
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.