[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Residential parking laws
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1451784594257.gif (1 MB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
1451784594257.gif
1 MB, 500x283
I've been trying to find something on residential parking in the Dallas area. I had a neighbor come over today and tell me that I can't park in front of my house because it makes it difficult for them to get in and out of their driveway, which they have been doing it for several months without issue. His wife chimed in about how she works at an Geico and that if she hit my or one of the people living with me cars as she pulled out we would be at fault. I just looked at her as if she was retarded, and simple told that isn't how it works that she would be at fault. After repeating that I would have to pay for her damages I just looked at her husband who sent her away after that. And we spoke for a while about it. There isn't really much else room for us to park considering there driveway sits right in the middle of the parking in front of our house and not lined up with the other parking lot like every other house down the block.

So anyone know the additional laws for this sort of thing? I've tried searching but can't find much on residential parking and driveways.

Image unrelated.
>>
tell them to fuck off
>>
>>14891142

I hope you really put some mustard on it when you told her her cunt would be held responsible if she ever hit your car
>>
>>14891142

If there is a sign somewhere along the road that says no parking, then there's no parking...

If there is no sign, then tell them to go pound sand...

Get ready for a visit from bylaw for any and every little issue your neighbor has in future...
>>
Tell them that you'll see what the judge thinks about it when you take them to court for hitting your parked car. As long as your car isnt hanging out in front of their driveway and actually obstructing their car from getting into their garage you are well within your rights to park there.
>>
>>14891193
This desu. And if you didn't park there somebody else would. However they'd have a case if you had an overgrown bush blocking a view, had neighbors had their bushes cut by the state.
Also,
>works at Geico

Everybody who works in an insurance office is at most a college drop out, she's most likely a fucking moron.
>>
>>14891197
Yea that wouldn't surprise me. I contacted my insurance company to see if they can give me any sort of documents I can print and then I'll just show them that.

The only thing I can find about parking is this.

>Between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. the parking of motor vehicles on public streets contiguous to, or adjacent to, a residential lot or tract shall be restricted to motor vehicles lawfully in the possession of a resident or occupant of such residential lot or tract. It is an offense for a person lawfully in the possession of a motor vehicle to park such motor vehicle between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. on a public street contiguous to, or adjacent to, a residential lot or tract unless such person is a resident or occupant of such residential lot.

>>14891293
>>14891193
No signs, no fire lanes or bike lanes. Pure residential.
>>
It'd be polite not to park at the very edge of their driveway. Otherwise, just go ahead and park. If they have a problem with it, they can ask the city to modify that street.
>>
File: parking.jpg (37 KB, 821x579) Image search: [Google]
parking.jpg
37 KB, 821x579
>>14891331
It's like this, the road is wide enough that if you park a car on each side of the road a car or even a dump truck can still fit through.
>>
>>14891378
Sing them the welcome to my house song.
>>
I had this exact problem with a bitch who lived across the street from me when dudes would park on the street on D&D night. She would get SUPER pissed about it and make up all kinds of bullshit "if a cop drove by he would ticket you" was the main one. We basically just told her that was a risk we were willing to take.

In your case, I'd put some security cameras on your cars because she might hit one when she's angry then deny it later when she realizes she's dumb.
>>
>>14891559
Had this too plus she would get mad over noise when I was building and testing my project car.
"If a cop drove by, he would ticket you"
"Your car is too loud, the cops would cite you"(even though my city doesn't have a noise ordinance)
This went on for 7 months, so I started driving my cruiser home from work. Haven't heard a peep in 2 months
>>
>>14891313

So basically its illegal to park on the road at night if you don't live in the house directly beside the car.

Yup, tell them to fuck off and get a camera.
>>
>>14891734
Yea I guess I'll have to get a camera soon. My car isn't very expensive but I love it and don't want to have to deal with BS.
>>
dont piss them off. they are your neighbors, and gonna be there for a while. you dont want to make it a bad relationship with them, or have them start talking shit to other people.

carefully explain that they need to learn how to maneuver their car better.

maybe park a little better to give them the appearance that you are working with them.
>>
>>14891142
>dallas
mesquite reporting in.

Tbh lad just continue on your merry way.
alternatively, start parking in front of their house.
that'll be funny.
>>
>>14891142
>you can't park in front of your house because it makes it difficult for me to get in and out of my driveway
sir if you don't turn around, I am going to make it difficult for you to get in and out of your wife.
>>
>>14891846
>dont piss them off.
Bzzzt wrong. If they are going to be there you need to establish dominance over them. If they are getting all upity over something this trivial, the only thing they are going to respect is fear.

See >>14891978
>>
>>14891768
Based on the diagram you showed us, your parking spot is very reasonable.

I would instead just ask your neighbors some reasonable questions instead of just arguing back and forth with statements. Try to persuade them into thinking in your shoes, and how THEY would park considering there isn't any other reasonable alternative.

It's one thing to be nice and amicable to those around you, because common sense and shit. But don't be tyrannized by unreasonable folks who only want to blame others for their own shortcomings when driving.
>>
>>14891378
That pretty similar to my place, I'm in your neighbours situation.
I asked the guy parking opposite my driveway of he could move back slightly so I could get out easier. Told him I didn't want to do a 100point turn because the street is so skinny, and hated the idea of accidentally scratching his car.
He was happy to do it because we spoke like civilized men.

I hate it when people come into these situations acting like they're better than you.
>>
>>14892237
We were pretty agreeable. It was his wife who wasn't so much, I told him I'd talk with my mates and the neighbor next door if I can use the spot between our houses. I'll be doing that tomorrow.

The part that pestered me was her saying she could hit my car and it would be my fault. And I believe that is why her husband sent her off.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.