[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm considering getting a Tesla 3. Should I preorder one, /o/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
I'm considering getting a Tesla 3. Should I preorder one, /o/?
>>
>>14890181
Yes. They are literally the future of motoring.
>>
might as well, you probably wont get yours until 2020 by this rate though, that preorder list is really long
>>
>>14890181
wait till the bugs are worked out
>>
>>14890181
Just ask yourself these simple questions.

Are you a cuck?
Do you desire to be a cuck?
Is your father a cuck?
Does your grandfather display cuck tendencies?

If you answered yes to any of these then buy one u fucking pussy.
>>
>>14890531
No.
No.
No.
Both my grandpas are dead, you prick.
>>
How long is the waiting list now? Probably close to half a million people?
>>
File: fag.jpg (79 KB, 300x395) Image search: [Google]
fag.jpg
79 KB, 300x395
>>14890531
epic maymay
>>
>>14890486
Tesla has been pretty good about repairing the cars.
>>
>>14890181
can you afford to lose $1000 for 5+ years? if so, sure.
>>
>>14890181
What are you looking for in a car?
>>
>>14891553
Good acceleration, mildly sporty looking, suitable for a +30km commute each way every day plus some extra trips around town for errands or lunch (my company sometimes treats me as a delivery boy of sorts, though my job description is very much "desk job"), basic features like aircon and a sound system I can plug my phone into, the ability to comfortably seat four plus some ample storage space for shit like my sports gear, good grip with the tyres in inclement weather (and ideally an AWD drivetrain), and the ability to make it from my house to the state capital city (270km away) with plenty of range to spare.

Once my current car starts to look like it's gonna expire, I had planned on getting an Impreza and fitting better tyres on it (since I heard the stock ones are shit). But the Model 3 looks like my kind of thing too, assuming there are drivetrain options to be had.

Fortunately, my current car is a Corolla, do I don't expect it to pass its use-by date before the Tesla queue clears.
>>
>>14891699
bye
>>
Keep in mind it's going to be using shitty obsolete versions of the technology that new cars are going to be using by the time you get it.

>buying an old car new
>>
>>14891699
You do sound like a cuck, carry on.
>>
>>14890181
I hope they fix the front end and add some sort of instrument cluster or HUD
>>
>>14891699
chevy bolt lease might work as a stopgap until you can actually buy a model 3, you better believe they're going to offer free dick suckings to move leases on those things (read; probably like $250 a month lease on the base model, CHEAP)
but i wouldn't personally have an EV as my only car. super reliable dead simple DD sure, but i'd always have a fun second car
>>
>>14890181
> Falling for the Eliot scam in BEVs
>>
>>14890545
A Tesla 3 is perfect for you
>C U C K
>U
>C
>K
>>
My wife is begging me to get one for her son, maybe I'll get a model X.
>>
If you didn't already get one, it's too late. All my co-workers and I lined up to get ours (salary, so we still get paid to stand around and talk to other Tesla nerds). Can't wait. :3
>>
>>14890181
It'll probably take 2 years for you to get it
>>
>tfw my 3k bought mustang with 4k worth of parts in it will destroy any "muh instant torque" Model 3 - which is the only thing it's really praised for. All while having the glorious V8 sound
>>
>>14890181
You know how people pre-ordered that one video game and were incredibly disappointed when they finally got ahold of it.

Don't let this happen to you. Don't give a company money, before you even get a product. Before you even see the product! TF is wrong with this world.

I'm a fan of Tesla but I'm done with pre-ordering. Show me the product works before I give you my money.
>>
The only thing I would be worried about are the charging stations. Electric cars in general are extremely straight forward apart from power storage. I think if there was a good, easy way to store electricity in the early 1900's, gas cars may not have took off like they did.
>>
>>14895689
It is fully refundable.

Unless you have a really early reservation. You can just safely wait for the reviews of consumer production cars to come. The early issues the cars are sure to have, and the fix response from Tesla. You can then decide to act on your reservation by buying the car or getting the refund.
>>
File: Kinda want.jpg (106 KB, 1178x786) Image search: [Google]
Kinda want.jpg
106 KB, 1178x786
Some of the angles make that front lip thing look ugly.
>>
>>14895784
It's a dumb system. The amount of time you're waiting to receive the product is the same as if you hadn't reserved it.

>inb4 don't reserve one then
ok I won't
>>
>>14895844
It's a great system for Tesla. 400,000 reservations times $1000, makes $400,000,000 in capital to use to get the cars produced.
>>
>buying a first gen anything especially something that doesn't really exist yet.

This thing is going to be obsolete as shit in 5 years... Would you wait 5 years for a cell phone? No, because it would be a fucking calculator compared to something newer.
>>
File: 601er_1964_s1.jpg (246 KB, 950x1372) Image search: [Google]
601er_1964_s1.jpg
246 KB, 950x1372
>>14890181

How long is the waiting time on these anyways?

Because if i read correctly people are ready to wait 5 years for a car.

This kind of scenario feels familiar....

Oh yeah, people in the GDR paid the FULL price when placing an order for a Trabant 601 and had to wait up to 15 years to get one. Most got theirs when they we're long obsolete and just left it somewhere abandoned on a street corner or sold it for a case of beer to a neighbour.
History truly repeats itself.
>>
File: dilandau.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
dilandau.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>14895835
>Some
>>
>>14896198
>Most got theirs when they we're long obsolete
Something that is still produced the exact same 15 years later can't possibly be considered obsolete.
>and just left it somewhere abandoned on a street corner or sold it for a case of beer to a neighbour
Completely wrong you moron, used Trabants actually were more valuable than new ones because they were available immediately.

Regards, East German

You moron.
>>
Everyone thinks this guy is so great, why did he get hair implants? He was already balding in his early 20s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSHUha9ABNY
>>
>>14895835
all angles make the front lip thing look ugly
because it's ugly

really hope they redesign it to look better
this photoshop looks 1000x better
>>
>>14895955
money from the reservations is chump change to them, really, the bigger impact is showing that massive number to investors and saying "we're going to sell this many cars, you want a piece of that massive profit pie or not?"
>>
>>14896519
That actually looks pretty great.
>>
>>14896519
I can see a thriving industry of Tesla aftermarket bumpers.
>>
File: 1440910049681.jpg (7 KB, 232x172) Image search: [Google]
1440910049681.jpg
7 KB, 232x172
>>14890531
>implying i can even get a significant other
>>
>>14890181
I'm saving up for one. In about 6 years I'll have enough. By then the bullshit should have been worked out.
>>
>>14890181

>X people has done Y, do it you too!
>>
>>14895038
>Sublime Text
>Chrome
>Slack
Pls consider suicide anon.
>>
>>14896239
I mean't after the year 1989, Ossi
>>
>>14890195
>batteries
>the future
lol
>>
>>14894859
>my wife is begging me to get one for her son
>my wife is begging me
>begging me
>my wife
>her son

Found the cuck, guys.
>>
>>14890181
>preordering a car
It's not a video game or a record, cars are expensive and are something you use every day so you really shouldn't get one unles you can know if it will break down every month or every five years, how the repairs are done, how the whole thing ages, etc.
And since Tesla is such a young company, we really lack info on that, so preordering is a pretty bad idea.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.