[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone tell me how it's possible to do what this f
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Can someone tell me how it's possible to do what this fucking retard did?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huXKMhSjFT4
>>
he missed 4th with second

maybe his linkage was fucked up, i don't know.

I've had something similar happen to me, but not as dramatic.

>used to driving a 6speed
>new daily is 5speed
>try to shift to 6th, wasn't going WOT or anything, jjust short shifting
>goes into 4th
>as soon as i feel the mistake i put the clutch in and everything is fine.
>>
>>14889499
Poor placement of the hand on the gear selector. He was just asking for it to happen.
>>
>>14889499

you can lock up the drive wheels with too much engine braking if you mis-shift
>>
I once went from 3rd to 2nd when I wanted 4th while overtaking somebody, car made a horrible noise and of course stopped accelerating so I ended up going back to 3rd and going around them at redline.

You live and you learn but dat nigga in the OP was unlucky.
>>
>>14889746
aren't you supposed to downshift when overtaking?
>>
>>14890016

>while overtaking

I'm guessing he was almost done overtaking?
>>
>>14889499
>ASIAN
>S
>I
>A
>N
>>
>>14889499
>>14889746
and they say manual is superior

welcome to 2016
>>
>>14889499
Goddam, I remember when this video was new.

10 years ago.
>>
File: 343454597843.jpg (140 KB, 960x639) Image search: [Google]
343454597843.jpg
140 KB, 960x639
>>14890069

Pretty much and most honda drivers are complete tards in general.
>>
>>14889705
>>14889499

This, probably locked them up and panicked.
>>
>>14889705
this would never happen in a rwd though
>>
>>14890016
Downshifting increases your revs. If it would increase your revs above redline, you run the risk of engine damage. With most engines (redline around 6,000 rpm) you don’t want to downshift if you’re already above 4,000 rpm.
>>
>>14891096
It's even worse in a RWD car. Locking up the drive wheels will throw you into a spin more easily than in a FWD car.
>>
superior version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDrpPqsXfVU
>>
>>14890016
You have to downshift and upshift several times. I know I've seen all the fast and furious movies 4 times.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.