[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here got into a minor or major accident while learning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
Has anyone here got into a minor or major accident while learning manual? Like stalling on a hill start or totally fucking up the transmission?
>>
File: Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg (25 KB, 400x373) Image search: [Google]
Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg
25 KB, 400x373
>>
>>14884978
No only retards do this
>>
When I first started I was in the habit of looking at my gauges instead of listening to the exhaust. Caused me to not see the person in front of me slam on their brakes and by the time I saw them not even threshold braking was enough to stop me in time. Barely did anything to her car though.
>>
File: garagedooraccident.jpg (62 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
garagedooraccident.jpg
62 KB, 800x600
I crashed into the garage door when learning how to drive manual. From that day on I learned to always be ready to grab onto the brake lever
>>
No.
>>
>>14885348
>>
>>14885322
>s2k
>legend coupe

this person knows whats up
>>
File: DSC00412.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
DSC00412.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
>>14885322
Poor S2000, guy's wife did it
>>
>>14885322

how in the fuck do you manage that? why would you be in first while facing the garage or in reverse with your rear facing the garage REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: ew3.jpg (59 KB, 604x428) Image search: [Google]
ew3.jpg
59 KB, 604x428
>>14885400

This.

Like, it's not even an automatic where you will temporarily hit Reverse while shifting to D. It's gotta be a deliberate selection, and in a 5 speed it'd be hard as FUCK to confuse 1st with Reverse.

Goddamn some people just suck.
>>
>>14885376
that's something id prolly do, tbphf
>>
>>14885322
hondadrivers.jpg
>>
>>14885322
There are manual Legends?
>>
>>14884978
>Has anyone here got into a minor or major accident while learning manual? Like stalling on a hill start or totally fucking up the transmission?

No. But, I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that the car in front of you on that hill just might be a stick, and it just might be driven by a novice. Give that fucker some god damned room!
>>
File: giphy.gif (103 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
103 KB, 200x200
>>14885322
>From that day on I learned to always be ready to grab onto the brake lever
>From that day on I learned to always be ready to grab onto the brake lever

>not just stomping the regular break

rrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>14885422
>>14885400
Some people park in gear instead of pulling the parking brake, some out of fear the brake will freeze in place during winter. Someone could have started the car, released the clutch, and drove it straight through the door.
>>
>>14888005

ok let's hypothetically say this guy isn't a retard.

>start car which was parked in gear
>release clutch
>somehow drive through garage door

the car is going to stall if he's not pressing the gas right after releasing the clutch.

WHY.THE.FUCK. would he be pressing the gas while facing the garage door. Oh I know why, he's a fucking retard
>>
Why is everyone assuming that the car is a stick?

Shitty drivers exist. Get over it.
>>
>>14888093

it's the first thing the moron said

>I crashed into the garage door when learning how to drive manual

you are also a moron
>>
>>14888061
Stall and jolt forward into the garage you dumb fuck, or maybe they pulled into the driveway and smashed into the garage not controlling their speed.
>>
>>14888061
>the car is going to stall if he's not pressing the gas right after releasing the clutch.
There are some cars where the idle is strong enough to get the car rolling. My dad's E-Class is like that if you're in first.
>>
>>14884978
No, but for the past 5 years I continually will pop it into neutral on a hill and roll down into the vehicle behind me if they want to ride my ass without pulling my hair.
And for the past 5 years I've told them that I was still learning manual/getting good and got nervous due to the person behind me not showing safe driving habits.
I've never lost a claim.
>>
>>14884978
>Like stalling on a hill start
That's not an accident, that's part of the learning process. Just gotta have a decent instructor with a dual control car.

I have not. My instructor was very good. However, he DID have a horror story of one student burning out the clutch on one of his cars. Had to replace most of the interior to get rid of the smell.
>>
>>14887985
Someone at work broke their handbrake cable with that sort of reaction.
>>
>>14884978
I just got my license and learned to drive automatic in driving school. Now having a manual its hell on hills.
Every single god damn time its some guy in a expensive car pulling fucking centimetres behind me and then I just get more nervous and fuck it up multiple times always expecting to hit that fuckers car. And then sometimes they even honk.

Gas yourself if you pull up close to someone on a hill.
>>
>>14890065
do you use the handbrake method?
>>
>>14890112
I didn't know about this even till now

Every time I always fuck it up like 3 times then praying and getting max concentrated and somehow I manage to do it.
>>
>>14890125
you'll get it, bro. just a matter of time

i was a timid driver before manual. you have to be confident and go for it
>>
my foot slipped off the clutch and I hit my neighbors fence today :(
>>
File: 1448094889345.png (30 KB, 430x598) Image search: [Google]
1448094889345.png
30 KB, 430x598
when i was 17 i completely toasted the clutch while trying to do a burnout in my dads 96 camaro, I thought the smoke was tire smoke..
>>
>Stall on hill start
Just hit the brakes
>Fucking up the transmission
How would this lead to an accident? You would feel mild/extreme jerking depending on the damage then just shift into neutral and pull of to the side of the road
>>
I blew up my WRX's 5-speed tranny, however i was pushing way more power than I should have. Literally everything on that car has been evolved to a better part due to being the weakest link. Should of just bought an sti.. To late now
>>
>>14884978
Not me, but my dad did.

He always parks his truck in a certain spot
He never uses parking brake
One day he parks at a slightly different spot which is on a slight incline
Comes out of the store
Truck is missing from parking spot
Nose went straight into a tree
Get in his truck a week later
Still no parking brake....

Use your parking brake people!
>>
>>14892135
I just bought my WRX... Fuck.
>>
>>14888061
because that shitty acura is an automatic and the female driver mashed the gas pedal instead of the brake.

come on man.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.