[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
advice for buying first bike?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 001.jpg (96 KB, 800x535) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
96 KB, 800x535
hey /o/ so heres the deal, I am poor but I want to go fast. I have about $5,000 saved up so I think my best option would be a sport bike.

I found a 2000 hayabusa with only like 8,000 miles on it for $6,000 with nitrous ( I hope to haggle down the price )

never rode a bike before, I know /o/ says they are dangerous but I am a good driver with a car and have only gotten into a one crashes ( only cause I was drifting around an icy corner ). what safety equipment should I get? I have a snowboarding helmet I can wear but I dont want to buy a leather jacket because they look gay.
>>
>>14884239
If your an adult, do whatever the fuck you want. Its your life at risk, not ours. Assess the risk and pull the trigger. Most people would say your an idiot, but we arent responsible for your actions.
>>
1/10 troll.

I responded.
>>
>first bike
>hayabusa

please be trolling
>>
>hayabusa
>never rode a bike before
>only gotten into a one crashes
>snowboarding helmet
Wew lad, please be bait
>>
File: Reading.jpg (38 KB, 523x478) Image search: [Google]
Reading.jpg
38 KB, 523x478
This bait isn't even worth tasting a little bit.

0/10 bait, do better.
>>
do it friend
>>
Buy it. It is as easy to ride as any bike. Just take it easy until you know how to ride (1 year plus, 15k miles at least), don't try to show off and when faced with having to make a choice like gun it or hit the brakes a bit, chose the brakes until you know how the bike will react in all situations.
>>
turbo busa
>>
>having any less than 2 turbos on a Busa for your first bike
Kek, just get a 125 you pussy
>>
>>14884239
assuming youre not a troll for wanting a hayabusa as first bike:
your first bike should be between 450-550cc. Also since they call it "first bike" for a reason, dont spend too much on it, 1500-2500$ is enough, since you'll probably sell it after a year and get a new bike that fits your needs you'll discover by then.
>>
>>14884239

Good, good, I need a new kidney.
>>
File: 1977_GS400_blue_800.jpg (85 KB, 800x577) Image search: [Google]
1977_GS400_blue_800.jpg
85 KB, 800x577
>>14886842
I've heard it's really hard to drive a hayabusa slow, and honestly any sports bike. They're build to go fast and they're actually only comfy when going over 200mph, since the wind resistance will take stress out of your arms.

If op weren't bait, I would recomend something like a Suzuki GS or a Honda CB. Good looking, realiable, comfy and fast enough bikes and pretty cheap too. I drove a GS400, like in the pic when I was like 15 years old and it was easy enough.

Too bad I live in cuckeurope and a motorcycle license (Never mind the fact I used to drive enduro and motorcross for 6 years when I was younger and lived in bumfuck nowhere) is around 2k's to get here + insane insurance prices so I won't be riding a bike for a long time.
>>
>>14884239
You sound like my old trailer trash as fuck drug dealer neighbor and his equally trailer trash junkie girlfriend.

He had a similar bike and only ever rode it with no shirt and basketball shorts.

He killed his girlfriend and made himself a vegetable when racing someone on the highway on it, I say go for it OP.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.