[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
C5 Corvette
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_2818.jpg (2 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2818.jpg
2 MB, 3024x3024
I just bought a 2004 Corvette Automatic(I know) and I wanted to get some more power out of it without breaking the bank.

The engine does seem to have a lot of power but the 4 speed automatic is definitely a bottleneck when it comes to having fun with this car.

Any recommendations /o/?
>>
smaller rear gear
a lower speed transmission staller
nitrous, you can probably spray like 100 hp on an ls1 safely
>>
MVB.
>>
sell it and enjoy the money
>>
>>14884056
also, a remind of what's going to happen to you the minute you try to show off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVv5T4_wDLc
>>
>>14883974
Bro you fucked up. You're not supposed to drive any American vehicle other than a Mustang GT on /o/.
>>
>>14884066
*not supposed to drive any american car on /o/
fixed that for ya pal
>>
Intake, headers, and tune and you should see 50 more horsepower. Whoever you have doing the tune should be able to optimize your shift points and shift firmness to make the trans feel better. Don't listen to the idiot taking about gear ratios. Your car has a trans axel, not something easy to change your gearing I'm. As far as nitrous goes, your car can take a 150shot all day if done right. Plan on about a thousand bucks for the intake headers and tune then another thousand for a good plate nitrous system.
>>
Go catless.
>>
Comp 265HR camshaft
LS6 valve springs
LS2 timing chain
1 piece valve stem seals
LS6 oil pump

easy 400 horsepower and pass Smog if u need too.
headers and a 275HR would make 450HP but dem smog shit
>>
>>14885382
$1000 if you eBay it. There's the "vette tax" on certain things. I spent under 1.5k for full exhaust, Intake and tune on my ls1 Camaro. could I have spent less? Yes. Could it have been way more? Definitely. Since your A4 I would recommend a nice 3600 stall speed lock up torque converter. $800 but completely changes the characteristics of the 4l60e. Eliminates most dead spots and is a hoot to drive. Really depends on your budget. I'm in commiefornia so this go around I'm staying smog legal. Next year the c5z is gonna get supercharged hopefully
>>
I just bought a baja blast.

>automatic
kek
>>
>>14883974
needs a polish and wax really badly.
also ditch the chrome wheels.
and do a 5 speed swap. then it will be good.
>>
>>14883974
>Automatic
>Convertible
>C5

LOL
>>
>>14887089
I think chrome wheels look okay on black cars
the only color I like better is a non-chromed aluminum
>>
>>14883974
why did you buy it?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.