[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Road Trip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: car.jpg (653 KB, 3000x1882) Image search: [Google]
car.jpg
653 KB, 3000x1882
So I'm going to be driving across Canada from NB to BC. Car is a 2005 Jetta, 2.0L gas engine. I've had the oil changed and a new oil filter installed. I'm going to pick up a quart of oil to have in the trunk for emergencies.

Anything I should look out for about driving long distances?
>>
>>14883902

Blown tires
Overheating
Serpentine belt snapping
Suicidal wildlife
Bugs on windshield
>>
>>14883917
Adding onto that: If you drive too long, falling asleep at the wheel and treequinoxing.
>>
Thank you for the responses

>>14883917
>Blown tires
Tries are new from 2015
>Overheating
It's still pretty cold here but I'll keep an eye on it and not push too hard.
>Serpentine belt snapping
I'll check it for cracks
>Suicidal wildlife
yeah apparently Northern Ontario is really bad for this. Planning on just falling in behind a transport.
>Bugs on windshield
I've got a full tank of windshield fluid

>>14883954
I have some fluorinated methylphenidate from a sketchy chinese lab. I'll probably have to take other drugs to be able to sleep at the end of the day but it is great for preventing drowsiness.
>>
>>14883987
Fucking great, then you'll be pushing hallucinations and swerving to dodge pink elephants on the road only you can see. Please mate, just nap in the car for a few hours.
>>
>>14883902

I'm heading to Northern Ontario from Toronto, when ya leaving friendo
>>
>>14883902
Make sure spare tire has air
Road flares
Food and water
Tires changing kit
Flash light. (A bright one)
>>
>>14883994
I'm not aiming for 18 hour days, I'm just normally useless for the first half hour after waking up and yawning all over the place in the evening.

>>14884002
leaving Friday, hanging out with a friend in Ottawa and leaving from there on Monday. I'm not taking the US route so I'm planning on avoiding going anywhere near Toronto
>>
timing belt been done? check suspension, axles, brakes, make sure all fluids are good and somewhat new. if manual is the clutch good? bring some basic tools in case you have to work on it on the side of the road. and a proper jack/jack stands
>>
if going long distances i'll keep a gallon, or two, of distilled water in the car. Some would say keep coolant, but if its just distilled water, you can drink it to!
>>
>>14883902
I've never really bothered to take any special precautions for long distance driving other than inflating my tires before I go and bringing a snack. It's really not a big deal. It's just boring.
>>
>>14884144
Timing belt was replaced in 2011, had it inspected. The front brakes were replaced in 2015 and the rear ones are being replaced tomorrow.
>>14884192
I'll grab some
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.