[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my 03 taurus ses has been missing in all 6 cylinders. I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 311x162) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 311x162
So my 03 taurus ses has been missing in all 6 cylinders. I was wondering if you guys could give some input. I fixed 2 vacuum leaks and tried injector cleaner.
>>
>>14881946
Check compression, fuel pressure, spark and so on.
>>
check your coilpack for cracks. I had the same problem about 2 weeks ago. Turns out the coilpack had gone bad and was grounding to the engine.
>>
>missing in all cylinders
Engine is fucked .
Change your spark plugs to see if it helps
>>
>>14881946
Does it vibrate at idle? Bad exhaust valves.
>>
First thing you do is change the plugs with a new set that's properly gapped.

You'd be amazed how often people, even mechanics, forget the plugs
>>
File: heroes_.png (160 KB, 700x617) Image search: [Google]
heroes_.png
160 KB, 700x617
>>14881946
Basically what the first guy said. If you're having intermittent misses in all cylinders (have you actually had a diagnostic readout that says this or is it a guess?) it could be any number of issues.

Stay away from the injector cleaners and shit, some of it works okay for what it's actually supposed to do (ie remove deposits) but most is just snake oil. And it's just rare that what is actually wrong is what you're using it for. It'll do nothing for worn out parts.

I'd start with getting a reader which can show pending codes and stuff. So that way even if there is no CEL you can see if you've got low injector voltage or something. It will also let you know immediately if it's still a vacuum problem or something like a TP or MA sensor.

But after that start with checking all your spark plugs, if they look burnt or have a bunch of deposits replace them. If the car starts I wouldn't worry about continuity of the plug wires.

With the plugs still out run a compression test. You can drop a bit of oil (less than a table spoon) into the cylinder and see if your pressure increases. If it does your rings are probably shot. Blue smoke while running is another sign of worn rings. There are other things that can cause low compression, but I wouldn't worry about what's causing it because it's time to let go of the car at that point.

Next would be fuel pressure, but if the filters didn't solve that it's probably injector related and again not worth it to fix unless you can reasonably do the work yourself. And if you're asking for diagnostic advice you probably shouldn't be learning on your DD. It's already not worth much, but you'll get less when you try and sell it in pieces.
>>
>>14883276
This. Esp if its a 3.0 duratec with individual coils.
>>
You didnt mention which engine but if all 6 are setting misfire codes i'm guessing you have the old OHV vulcan. And if im correct in my assumption, you probably have a failing coil pack. Squirt some water on the coil pack with the engine running and look for sparks to jump from the coil. Its best to do this in a dark area as to help with seeing the sparks.
>>
>>14883829
Same guy you responded to; coincidentally I do have an '03 duratec but it uses a coilpack. I believe the '02 and '04 and above uses coil on plug
>>
OP here. I've had it scanned and it showed misfired in every cylinder. The mechanic said plugs and wires looked okay and it always is vibrating. I have a 3.0 L, not sure which one exactly but the coil pack is right on top in the front.
>>
OP again... There is also no CEL on but about 100 miles before fixing the vacuum leaks there were codes p1132 and p1152
>>
Check your plugs for deposits and coils for cracking
>>
I would guess cps failure unless the coilpack is really badly broken.
>>
Lol it's an 03 Taurus it's not fucking worth it. Spark plugs if anything tho
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.