[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/o/ 29 years old and looking for more practicality in my life.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: ford-fiesta-st.jpg (251 KB, 1470x693) Image search: [Google]
ford-fiesta-st.jpg
251 KB, 1470x693
/o/

29 years old and looking for more practicality in my life. I love my S2000 dearly, but I don't know if I really like the convertible aspect of it. Plus no room to really carry shit. (IE mountain bikes, dead bodies, friends etc.).

Does the FiST look like it appeals only to the younger crowd? I understand that it's an economy car with awesome shit thrown into it to make it a blast to drive. Just wondering if I may get the wrong impression from people that I'm a young asshole. What's the FiST crowd like?

Also, having 2 cars is out of the question, due to living arrangements. I test drove one before I bought the S2000 and really liked it. Appreciate your thoughts.
>>
>>14881738
I'd say hold on to the s2000 until you getter better Living arrangements. You'll regret getting rid of it.
>>
>>14881738
FiST crowd doesn't really exist man, I'm in an ST group where we have maybe 10-15 Fiesta's, and probably close to double that in Focus. I see one once ever 2-3 weeks generally and there are only 5-6 in town (I live in a decently large Metro area).

Here are the age demographics from the community poll: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/172-Fiesta-ST-Age-Demographics?s=8c66a5e4c36ca5ce27fd76cff5e0cd62

If you want a car that gets as many looks as the S2K the Fiesta isn't very good, most people don't know what it is outside of the occasional enthusiast. Even then, a lot of enthusiasts don't really know about it.
>>
>>14881768
I really like my living arrangements right now. Living in a nice house of a nice town and very, very low rent. Allows me to buy and do pretty much whatever I want. I can afford the FiST no problem. The only issue is street parking only, hence why I can only really have one vehice. I know I will miss the S if I sold it. It's low maintenance and absolutely solid. Best car I've ever owned and I've owned plenty.
>>
>>14881792
people dont know about it because its a piece of shit
>>
>>14881792
Thanks for the reply. I take it you have the Fiesta and not the Focus, correct? How do you like it?
>>
File: IMG_20160406_144857~2.jpg (3 MB, 3303x2305) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160406_144857~2.jpg
3 MB, 3303x2305
>>14881824
I love it man, mine's pretty much 'full bolt ons' minus a downpipe, tuned on 93 it makes about 220whp/260tq, on e30 it's making about 225whp/280tq. I'll say its limitations are mainly it's a Fiesta, but if you can get past that stigma it's one of the greatest hot hatches of all time.

I was playing around with a mk1 GTI the other night and had alot of fun, he couldn't stick to me as well as I could to him, especially in the straights.

There's another anon on here who traded his S2k for a Fiesta and says he has no regrets, it's not as uncommon of a switch as you might think.

I'd keep both if you could find a way though.
>>
>>14881861
That is awesome. I bet that thing is a hoot to drive. I've had turbo vehicles in thr past. Love and miss the boost.

I checked out that thread and looks like there are a lot of older people. More than I imagined lol!

Also, why did you go Fiesta over the Focus?
>>
>>14881738
literally almost no one knows what a Fiesta ST is outside of /o/ and car enthusiasts
>>
>>14881876
Fiesta gets better gas mileage, runs quicker (though not faster) 1/4 miles, it weighs less, has received more favorable reviews, is rated higher by almost every automotive journalism source, and I drove both lol. The Fiesta feels spacious for a small car, the front seats are almost identically as roomy as in the Focus. You lose alot of backseat room in the Fiesta, though total cabin difference is only like, 4 square feet (mostly in the trunk/back seat). Also I see a Focus ST three times as often as I see a Fiesta and they are slightly more popular with the vapelord/"I'm a dad who used to own a mustang" kinda crowd. The Fiesta attracts more enthusiasts I think then the Ken Block knock offs.

Here's a short thread comparing the S2000 to the Fiesta specifically: http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/8029-Honda-S2000-vs-Fiesta-ST
>>
>>14881903
I'll take a look at that thread.

I haven't driven the Focus ST and probably won't. I can't say that I'm a fan of the back ends of them and too wagon-ey for a hatch. But I do like that you can get HIDs on them.

Lastly, do you have any gripes with the Fiesta?
>>
>>14881896
I'm thinking that is the case. Which is weird because this car has gotten so much praise.
>>
>>14881936
You can order a set of Euro-headlights for the Fiesta if you really want HIDs, but they run close to $1000 shipped and just weren't worth it to me (I also don't like the LED-strip DRLs in them).

Gripes? It's a small car so carrying passengers doesn't work often, it has some rattles since the suspension is firm, the 17" wheels are awful for ride quality, I got maybe 15k miles out of the stock Potenza tires... Other than that I average over 30mpgs on my 93 tune (28 on my E30). I love the Recaro seats, there's a big and growing aftermarket for the car, an active community, and it's somewhat 'rare'. It took me a while to get a grip on the torque steer but some bracing helped eliminate most of that, With a half tank of gas the car weighs under 2700lbs (and that's with the spare tire still in the back).
>>
>>14881936
If you want room tall haul shit get a pickup truck

If you want to proudly display your hoonigan and monster energy stickers get a focus

If you want to haul bodies or groceries and still have fun driving it get the fiesta

If you want a pure drivers car stick with the s2000
>>
>>14881972
Although, compared to an S2000 there's more than enough room for 3 or 4 for a trip across town, I just wouldn't road trip with more than 2 in the car (unless it's children or something in the back).
>>
>>14881993
Awesome response. But I feel like the little Fiesta ST has both qualities of fun driving + pure drivers car. Not to mention it's pretty useful.

I DD my S and feel this car deserves weekend duty. I can't afford both though. The Fiesta may be a good compromise.
>>
>>14882015
'A good compromise' sums the car up nicely. It's light weight, ton of fun to daily around town with great gas mileage and torque that's usable in every day life. But it's not a pure drivers car since it's FF.

I think if you're ready to have a daily you can take into the canyons on the weekends and have a ton of fun with, but is still mostly just a daily, the Fiesta is good for you. If you want to daily a 'pure drivers' weekend car (like you're doing now), I'd stick with the S2K until you have space for 2 cars and then get the Fiesta.
>>
>>14882065
Thanks a bunch for all the feedback!
>>
>>14882015
>>14882015
Honestly no matter what you do, you're going to miss the s2000.

We're now living in an age where automakers are more concerned about the passenger's customer satisfaction rating of interiors and infotainment systems rather than handling and enjoyment of the driving experience for the driver.

In the tech geek/starbucks mom/Interior Designer categories the Fiesta ST might as well be repating the 3rd grade.

But when it comes to the latter category this car was designed by people who drive cars for the enjoyment of driving cars for the sake of driving . When it comes to this raw and fleeting demographic, No doubt the Fiesta ST places podium.

No one in a slammed covic or late model porsche is going to give you props at the gas station for driving the Fiesta.
IT is not the saviour of the automotive industry everyone makes it out to be.

But-but it might be one of the very few cars on the market that won't make you regret selling the S2000.
>>
>>14881800
>Allows me to buy and do pretty much whatever I want.

keep the S and rent a car on the weekend since you're made out of money
>>
>>14881738
Are you so much of a faggot that you care what people will think about you depending on what car you drive?
If you can, just buy a used beater and keep the S2000, the ST is a different car.

I haven't tried the FIST, but the regular Fista Titanium is the most fun I've had in a hatchback. Still no sportscar feel.
>>
>>14882219
LOL didn't mean to come off like a prick when I said that. It's just not feasible to have 2 cars in my current state.
>>
>>14882259
The thought has crossed my mind, but it is not possible for me to have 2 vehicles. Should the S be replaced, I feel the ST is the top candidate. Cheap, FI, fun, useful and has a warranty.
>>
>>14881738
If your not sweating the sheckles at least replace your s2000 with something fun.

Maybe an evo? Sti? Perhaps a focus RS? Muscle car?

I don't think you'll enjoy a slow fiesta after driving one of the best roadsters ever made for years. If you were upgrading from a corolla sure, but for you this will be a depressing downgrade.
>>
>>14882300
Probably the car I would go for if I was in your position. Very good tuning potential as well.
http://www.pumaspeed.com/car-Fiesta-ST-180-16-Ecoboost_1_326.jsp
>>
>>14882319
The RS has also crossed my mind, but god damn the dealers are going to mark them up so high. Also, aren't they all mostly spoken for, for the first year? Not into the STI/Evo cars..
>>
>>14882319
You are not understanding the concept of fun. A small light car will always be more fun than a pigfat brick. And that is why the FIST is so good.
>>
>>14882430
Yeah I understand just fine buddy.

The reality is that going from faster, better handeling, better quality, better balanced, better drivetrain, better transmission, to better interior, better mpg, and better trunk space won't be fun.

It won't be he most dreary thing in the world but it will be disappointing after years of driving a less fun car.

If you drive a Z06 and then buy a Miata despite the fact that the Miata is good and light and fun you will undoubtedly be disappointed in the transition. Just the way she goes.

>>14882398
RS ain't cheap homie. But it's good.

Look at mustang/camaro. Maybe even some sporty Lexus? A 135i would be neat. All I'm saying is that you can rationalize this all day but th s2000 is a fun ass car, there's no way a fiesta will compare. Might as well get another fun ass car you know?
>>
I'd say keep the s2000 and buy a FiST as a dd.

I just sold my s2000 and got a m235i. I'll pick up another s2000 eventually as a weekend car.
>>
>>14882398
Also full disclosure I'm projecting hard.

I own an s2000 and I'm getting to about that point where I want to start looking into something else. I'm torn between sell it and buy a more practical fun car or keep it and go full retard in mods while having a second car.

As a purely second car I'd buy the fiesta st in a heartbeat, but I couldn't give up my baby for a sporty shitbox...

Now if they ever make a fiesta RS... That's a different story
>>
>>14881738
I don't know what stereotype I would associate with an ST driver. It is such a bizarre choice of car.
>>
>>14881896
this is true. most people would just see it as another new shitbox.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.