[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
O please help My friend hit and hopped over a cement median
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
O please help

My friend hit and hopped over a cement median doing about 15-20 on a turn a week ago. I didn't think it was that bad when I looked at it.

I'm at the mechanic now and they told me they can't do an alignment. That both control arms and bushings are shot and need to be replaced.

I also thought I just needed my brake fluid replaced (previous mechanic friend), but they're saying here it might be my brake master cylinder or something in the line.
What the fuck do I do?
>>
>>14880949
step one: stop bullshitting us. every single customer that comes in telling me someone else drove their vehicle and thats when it hit something......we all know you're full of shit. just own up to it? why even lie?

step two: do you even save money faggot? maybe you should.

step three: you could just buy your own control arms and bushings, install them, then take it to a shop close to home and have them align it. save with your master, just replace it yourself (its pretty easy.....) bleed the brake system really well cuz there will be air in it. a lot of air. then ur done.
>>
Wait.
Somebody else was driving your car, and damaged it driving like a retard?
Fix it yourself so you don't seem like a pussy faggot who gets cucked by a mechanic but make your friend pay for all the parts.
>>
>>14880963
>>14880967

I have a bad back and can't do the work myself.
>>
>>14880984
So do I faggot, it's called Advil.
now stop being a pussy, go jack up your car and swap those control arms.
Better pray there's no frame damage.
>>
>>14880984
Just pay them. Control arms get bent when you hit things.

Just cross your damn fingers there's no bent frame member.
>>
>>14880949
>friend hit and hopped
what was her excuse?
>>
>>14881000
Someone said the same exact thing you're saying to me brother, and now I'm stuck with 20k medical bill in collections. I can't afford another one.
>>14881005
I might have to just let it go, Idk
>>14881029
Long drive, my nephew was tired
>>
>>14880984
Shut up you Neetbux fagot. Just fix your shit and quit whining MARY!
>>
>>14881040
>Someone said the same exact thing you're saying to me brother, and now I'm stuck with 20k medical bill in collections. I can't afford another one.

some people (mostly americans) have been cucked into believing pain pills make them nearly-invincible when you're actually just ignoring your body when it's telling you you're destroying it.
>>
>>14881074
It's the American way. Grit your teeth and keep on trucking.
>>
>>14881074
"Owww mmaaaaan this exercise hurts I'm destroying my body!"

Unless you literally have a plate and screw in more than 4 of your vertebrae, you have no excuse. I remember when I was working overtime in the office and stopped excercising for a while. My back and neck started hurting like a bitch a week later until I starting exercising again.

Just fucking do it faggot.
>>
>>14880963
>control arms
>easy
recently replaced my bushings and motherfuckers had stupid retaining split ring shits I needed to bash out with a chisel and sledge hammer. got new fancy urethane bushings though so that is nice.

>>14881005
you really need to hit something hard. not even hit something. drop your car into something solid enough with enough force to fuck those things up.

>>14880949
>control arms and bushings
honestly I am not sure about this. but they are correct in wanting to replace them as units from a liability standpoint. it would let them check the frame and save painting your scratched to fuck control arms ect. remember that these people will be liable if they fuck up. so they do the job right. just go take a picture of how the control arm is scratched or bent for us.

you can get away with just cleaning out the master cylinder or maybe it just needs a new seal? either way, fuck your poor ass, it will take them so much time to get the fucker out, bleed the air out of the brake system and fuck around in there that paying 200$ for a new master cylinder is the right way to go from a business perspective. if you come back with any brake problems later on they need to fix it for free. so just replace the whole unit.

now if you are poor, you need to work on your own car and be confident in your ability to repair it properly.
>>
>>14881119
we're not talking about exercise
this is car maintenance, where you are regularly expected to contort your body into weird positions to get at various components, and having a bad back is a liability.
Not that you would know anything about that, you pill-chomping moron.
>>
>>14881119

It's easy to tell you've never been anywhere near real pain.
>>
File: 1380787031046.jpg (87 KB, 590x680) Image search: [Google]
1380787031046.jpg
87 KB, 590x680
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.