[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know basically nothing about cars so bear with me. Why do
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I know basically nothing about cars so bear with me.

Why do Asian cars have so little maintenance compared to German cars?
>>
>>14880673
Less power from engine = longer lasting engine
>>
>>14880673

they don't, really

asian cars typically just have smaller motors and require less fluids and have less amenities that require less fine-tooling

otherwise they both need oil changes, brake repairs, coolant flushes, etc.
>>
>>14880673
>less amenities
jap cars usually have more standard equipment and bigger engines than equally priced euro shit so no.
>>
>>14880673
The Japanese and Germans have different approaches to manufacturing... The Japanese design cars for their manufacturability, while the Germans design cars for the end product, so Japanese products tend to be less prone to manufacturing defects.
>>
>>14880739
>equally priced
Japanese cars are cheaper, if we look on the whole there's a lot more high performance German cars than jap cars. Unless you're some retard who buys a Volkswagen.
>>
>>14880673
The Japanese business culture believes in putting out the best product you can, so the build quality and quality of materials are a bit higher.
>>
>>14880673
germans thought 2 sparkplugs per cylinder was a good idea
>>
>>14880673
A German car is a fashion accessory that has to look good for only a few years before the lease expires.
>>
American German cars use plastic impellers for its water pumps
>>
>>14881071
As opposed to japanese cars that are designed to he as cheap to produce as possible and get replace as soon as they die?
>>
>>14881090
They're designed to last a long time.
>>
>>14881071

This. Faggots just want a badge to show off.

>>14881090

I'll take my accord or Camry any day over your over engineered status symbol.
>>
People with common sense drive cheaper Asian cars. With the leftover money, they are more often able to do their maintenance. Idiots with not enough trying to look like they are wealthy are generally the ones buying German cars nowadays. They don't do their maintenance like they are supposed to because they can't fucking afford it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.