[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, can someone explain to me this state? I currently live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
Okay, can someone explain to me this state?

I currently live in FL and drive a 2008 Mustang GT. I have long tubes, o/r x pipe, cams and a cai + tune.

I'm enlisting in the military and will be stationed in San Diego for a couple years and possibly Virginia afterwards. My question is, what do I do about my car? Everything on my car is illegal in California. Do I have to get smog tested if I have FL plates? Do police officers inspect your car if you get pulled over?

I heard there are $1,000/per cat fines just for not having cats. That's ridiculous.
>>
>>14879173
Never had an issue with catback or CAI, though put back in your cats for the x pipe if you're smogging. At least for my car that is an easy job.

Police don't really bother with loud cars where I am, there are plenty of exotics that roar down the streets. It will be smogged for CA plates every 2 years. Been pulled over for not having a front plate and speeding several times, but was always let off. Never had them check exhaust, though once they thought I was a drug dealer because of the no plate bit.
>>
Just keep it registered in your home state don't need to have smog then
>>
>>14879173
>Okay, can someone explain to me this state?
Open your asshole and allow the bear cock to enter
>>
In the military you can still have your vehicle registered in your state of residence. You may still get a ticket if a cop catches you for some reason, but you won't have to smog there
>>
>>14879285
Do not fight the bearcock otherwise he will force things and you will regret being alive.
>>
>>14879299
But for how long can I keep it registered in Florida?
>>
>>14879173

Just sell it!

You'll feel shitty as teslas will blow by your ass....
>>
File: 20160418_133047.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20160418_133047.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
Watch out OP, butthurt flyover staters are going to attack you on every front. How are those ice storms Jeb? This was the temp here 8 hours ago
>>
>>14879173

Selling it might be a good idea.

Everyone will think your a Mexican!
>>
>>14879338
>the future is gay and you feel bad for not being gay along with it.

>>14879344
lol I have lived in CA for decades, it is one of the shittiest places in the country. Once you get out of that shithole it is amazing.
>>
>>14879361

Maybe shifty if you are poor and can't live in the nicer parts of the state : )
>>
>>14879392
Earning 6 figures and spending 1/3 of it on rent was a waste of my life.

I took a pay cut to live somewhere else and I am putting away twice as much every month. Enjoy your shithole, dumbfuck.
>>
>>14879392

t. hipster
>>
>>14879173
There is a noise ordinance for exhaust in san diego area they will give you$10-15 fix it ticket. Just throw stock back on for inspection then swap out afterwards. by dmv rules if your gonna be in the state for +30 days ir will have to be registered and especially if live their. For smog everything better have EOB# that are correct for your car or they have a fit on visual inspections & as long as no cel light on u wull pass because 05+ they dont so sim test just tailpipe and run obd test
>>
>>14879361
>>14879392
>>14879404
>>14879409

OP has no fucking choice in the matter.

Take your caste system arguments elsewhere.
>>
Sell the car before you leave to save yourself a world of pain.
>>
>>14879309
As long as you are still a Florida resident. I've been out of my home state for about 4 years now and haven't changed my tags because I'm still a resident of that state, even if I don't live there.
>>
>>14879309
As long as you're in the military pretty much.
>>
>>14881186
Forgot to add, you also only have to obey the registration rules of your home state so if Cali requires a front plate and your home state doesn't, you don't have to put one on.
>>
>>14881191
Except that every cop who sees you will pull you over for a stop and sniff.
>>
>>14881210
Where the fuck do you live? I've had no front plate on my car for the past 10 years and have never had a problem nor heard of anyone else getting pulled for their plate alone. I've never even heard any of my friends or family who have got speeding tickets get any flak about the front plate.
>>
>>14881241
>Where the fuck do you live?
We are talking about California ITT.
>>
Everything on your car is illegal in every state, dipshit. Not just California. Keep doing what you were doing before.
>>
>>14881441
>being this wrong
>>
>>14881181
Not living there makes you not a resident of that state, and being too lazy to change your documents doesn't reverse it. Wherever you spend the majority of the year is your residence before courts.
>>
>>14879173

You're fucked OP. Sell your car and get some shitty econobox beater, because they call it "Commiefornia" on this board for a reason.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.