[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WTF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: p1 (2).jpg (80 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
p1 (2).jpg
80 KB, 600x800
My ss commodore just lost a drag race to a honda civic and the owner said it only had a mildly warmed up b16a...

How could a 1.6 liter civic beat my VN SS...

That guy had to have been lying to me.
>>
File: 1371243696684.png (52 KB, 919x737) Image search: [Google]
1371243696684.png
52 KB, 919x737
>>
>>14878996
V TEC KICKED IN NIGGA
>>
>>14878996
Know what the number one rule of street racing is?

Don't be a cocky cunt.

No matter how garbage or ricer their car looks you never know what they have under their hood.

Saw a video of a murchialago laughing at a supra, right up until it's boost kicked in and it was instantly over.

Had my own personal experience in my ssv redline ute where i tried to go a stock looking 33 gtr and it raped me a new asshole.

That thing was brutal, must have been at least a thousand hp and it looked like a typical skyline.

There's civics out there with ls swaps, shitty looking bmw's which really have all m3 kit underneath for sleeper mode, hell i once lost to a coles trolley truck that was sleeper
>>
>>14878996

Welcome to street racing. Never judge a book buy it's cover, the thing about motors is that money goes a long LONG way.
>>
>>14879189
Exactly. It could be a shitbox but you never really know.

When it's something with a decent chassis like a supra, GTR, e36/46, ect...

You should expect it to be modded, the only question is how serious.

There's 1 or 2 v12 supras made by smokey nagata rolling around, they're 600k cars which are almost road legal f1 cars, as close as you can get.

There's also a bunch of ls swapped e36's which are packing easy 8-900hp in a lightweight chassis which puts the power down well.

Basically, don't get cocky and there's a few cars you always want to be showing respect to, because even in their mildly modified forms they're strong.
>>
I lost against a Mitsubishi Express once... turned out it had a 550hp 4g63
>>
>>14878996
I lost to a xterra in my 2012 camaro ........the xterra just happened to have a supercharged 5.7 liter hemi.
>>
>>14878996
making the assuption that this isn't shit posting
Shorter gear ratios and tuning is probably the reason
Also VN SS has as much power as later model V6 commiedoors
>>
>>14878996
Power and weight ratios

You have 70 more horsepower but weigh nearly 1000 lbs more. Stock for stock the cars are probably pretty close
>>
>>14879219
Seconding the "supras can be crazy".

Not only is their stock engine quite stupid, people often swap in a lexus v8 and turbo that, or something else.

So they get more low end torque AND then massive turbo spooling later on.

Even the stock 2jz-gte is fucking stupid, you can get to like 600hp before you need to start replacing internals (don't believe the 1000hp meme, those are all forged engines or are going to blow soon).
>>
>>14878996
>commodore
>fast
pick one
>>
>>14879163
I have a supercharged e92 M3, 616whp, and unfortunately, it's impossible to make it into a shitty 3 series. Wish I could turn it into a sleeper. There are some turbo e46 M3 engines in e46s, but I wouldn't be too scared of anything in a f8x or e9x chassis, right now at the top end they're pushing 650, but are heavy. There's 2 in the world running V8 turbo, I think they're up around 900whp.
>>
>>14879499
I've always wondered this about swapped cars. The supra isn't meant to handle that kind of horsepower, or added weight of a swap. Even highly modified, wouldn't the wheels need to be 295 or 305+ in order to get that kind of power to the ground? Wouldn't it be pretty obvious to tell it's swapped just from the wheels or exhaust note? Also, the chassis issues, how does that car handle that kind of power? To upgrade all the components, you'd be $40k into a supra? Do people commonly do that?

Newfag here.
>>
>>14879845
Depends on the ability of the tuner. Could you tell a car is tuned from wider wheels, supercharger whine, turbo spooling, exhaust? Maybe, but chances are you're not very familiar with aftermarket for cars you don't own.

Can a tuner with time and money turn a supra or even a civic into a highway monster that would murder a stock performance car? Absolutely yes. They'll have to deal with parts breaking and fixing their car themselves, but putting a big turbo on a big engine in a light car goes a long way. Plenty of YouTube videos of this.

Is that common? Not in my experience in Los Angeles. Youth import culture is more focused on appearance mods, 99%+ of modded imports are /o/ bait with 3 inch fart cans and coilovers. Bottom line tuning is expensive and difficult compared to slamming your civic and putting aftermarket wheels on it. Possibly more common in areas without California tier laws.
>>
>>14880001
Yeah I guess to answer my own question, people do it. I can't imagine those cars are very sustainable, meaning pushing that kind of boost to those engines on that chassis can't keep the rods in the cylinders for very long.

I would just as soon pick a car that is meant to go fast (previously mentioned r34, M3, etc) and make it a whole lot faster, than turn something that was never meant to be fast into a fast car. I appreciate the novelty sleeper factor of it, but there would be so many gremlins to fight in order to get a Supra or Civic up to that kind of horsepower, even if we're talking full-swap. I guess they drag them, the engine blows up, they fix it, and drag them again. Purpose-built cars.

On an unrelated note, /o/ fucking blows tonight.
>>
>>14879219
>There's 1 or 2 v12 supras made by smokey nagata rolling around, they're 600k cars which are almost road legal f1 cars, as close as you can get.
Please stop talking
>>
Aren't those VN 304s only 165kw?
>>
>>14878996
>vn ss

Lol. I bet one in my shitty DD 1.8 pulsar, the v6 buicks have more power then a 5.0
>>
>>14879499
>Not only is their stock engine quite stupid, people often swap in a lexus v8 and turbo that, or something else.
No they don't

>>14879845
>The supra isn't meant to handle that kind of horsepower, or added weight of a swap
You're severely underestimating how much a 2J weighs
>>
>>14880001

Just one state over in Phoenix, hot chevy trucks are a huge thing. Im talking stock looking single cab 02 - 07 trucks where these dudes are dropping in LQ9 6.0s and twin turboing them. Fucking RETARDED quick.
>>
>>14878996
There's a guy that posts here sometimes with a 550whp K20 ek hatch civic. Thing is a fucking beast. Also another /o/utis with a 330whp Si.. Don't judge those civics by the cover. Most of them are just riced shitboxes but some are sleeper monsters.
>>
>>14880039
Drag racing is one hell of a rabbit hole to go down. With some time and money you can beat a stock laferrari on the strip with a challenger, which weighs literally twice as much. Without using race gas, still street legal. If you have the sense to use a lighter car you'll only do better, and then there's race gas, then slcohol fuels, and so on.
>>
>>14880051
I think you meant "overestimating" buddy.

I'm a total newfag. You're probably right, I don't know anything about a 2J.
>>
>>14879163
>r33 gtrs are slow
m9 even a gts would shit on your GM shitheap.
>>
>>14880085
Hah. There's a LaFerrari in my town. Such gorgeous cars.

I don't own a great platform to chase HP numbers, but I can break into the 2.X 0-60 with my car, with a few more (relatively inexpensive) mods. I prefer the complete package, ie handling, acceleration, horsepower, torque, etc.

I like to beat my car around a track, so 600 to the wheels is plenty, if anything, shedding my seats and trunk would help with a few 100 pounds.

I guess I've been under the notion (wrongly, I'm assuming) that cars such as old Supras, Civics, and even the newer Mustangs have chassis that aren't mean to support that kind of power, and hit frame/subframe issues, timing belts, headers, rods, etc. I'm assuming I'm wrong.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.