[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's over boys. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/ 4/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: its over guys.png (1 MB, 851x915) Image search: [Google]
its over guys.png
1 MB, 851x915
It's over boys.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/4/18/1517000/-Electric-or-bust-the-Netherlands-proposes-ban-on-all-gasoline-and-diesel-cars-by-2025

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/apr/18/netherlands-parliament-electric-car-petrol-diesel-ban-by-2025
>>
>the netherlands
>europe in general
lmao
>>
>>14876774
>europe bans cars
More gas for us!
>>
http://www.carscoops.com/2015/08/chair-of-carb-wants-to-all-but-ban.html

meanwhile in commiefornia
>>
>>14876819
the chairman of a group that's like 100 people

I'd love to see an electric semi truck pull a trailer
oh wait it cant hm.. shame..
>>
I would support switching to selling only new electric cars IF we had Thorium reactors and good batteries. We do not, however.
>>
>>14876818
Murica is next. Tesla Motors has been replacing gas stations in Manhattan with charging points for a while now.
>>
File: huge chaika warning.png (557 KB, 984x923) Image search: [Google]
huge chaika warning.png
557 KB, 984x923
>Netherlands
>insignificant gnat directly bordering Germany
>wants to ban petrol cars
>VW, Daimler, BMW's faces when
"I dare u lil fgt I'll fuk u up m8"
>>
>>14876842
our businesses rely too much on gasoline
there's no way it'll be any time soon
>>
>>14876842
Manhattan only has like 3 gas stations
>>
>>14876857
It's the natural evolution. Liberals have been bitching about pollution and they always get what they want eventually. At the same time electric tech has been improving and is now endorsed by a big name businessman willing to throw lots of money at it (Elon Musk) It's pretty much inevitable that US cities especially the liberal ones will start banning gas within city limits or require a special permit. The only people who can save us is Big Oil but they may go along with it because frankly selling in bulk to power stations is easier than distributing to a load of individual customers. They can also hike up prices without having to take the blame anymore because electric companies are now the front. In fact they will probably sell more oil due to the dirtiness of battery manufacture. Time to buy cyanide.
>>
Dutchfag here. There was one single party (out of like 10, although granted, still top 3) that proposed it and all the other parties were against it.

I'm still fairly sure that in 10 years most of the cars sold will be electric, but forcing that with a ban on ICE cars is not the way to go.
>>
>>14876834
>I'd love to see an electric semi truck pull a trailer
>oh wait it cant hm.. shame..
You do know that electric motors are kings of torque right? Like how most trains are electric now and even diesel trains are just diesel engines acting as generators for the electric motors running the train.
>>
File: electric siemens truck.jpg (164 KB, 400x289) Image search: [Google]
electric siemens truck.jpg
164 KB, 400x289
>>14876949
>>14876834
Lel retards
>>
File: R9K.gif (2 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
R9K.gif
2 MB, 384x216
>irrelevant countries
>>
File: 1419192146317.png (118 KB, 315x233) Image search: [Google]
1419192146317.png
118 KB, 315x233
>>14876818
>>
>>14876961

>requires overhead lines

Might as well be a train, kill yourself
>>
>>14876949
But dat power density
>>14876968
>>14876857
kek is that really you, you look like a bro, 10/10 would drive with.
>>
>>14876983
Why do lorries even still exist? a train can carry 50x more for a fraction of the cost and is way safer.
>>
>>14876983
Uwotm8? This is an euro concept, the roads are a lot shorter here and the main semi delivery lines are well-known. Germany alone is smaller than Texas but has 80 million inhabitants. You need a lot of hauling for that, and along predictive roads you can just string this stuff up and save on gas. Hell, run the thing on autopilot too.

>>14876992
>train
>cheaper
>anywhere near the coverage of the road network
No.
>>
>>14876936
I highly doubt it. This isn't good business. I live in a big (1m+) metropolitan city that is incredibly liberal.

They won't penalize gas drivers, but they will reward electric drivers with tax incentives, "EV only" lanes for freeways, etc. They may increase gasoline taxes to offset electric vehicle incentives.

With buses, semi's, trucks, new gasoline cars being sold, they may have a phased plan over 15-30 years with an end-result being a ban, but the gasoline automakers will lobby against it heavily. It would be incredibly hard to get passed.

Big oil doesn't typically sell direct, they sell to 3PL's that distribute it. It makes no difference to them.
>>
>>14877011
Invest in your railways burger.
>>
>>14877076
Literally German, try riding a train into the parking lot of the supermarket to stock it up with new produce tho.
>>
>>14876774
>land of the free
lmao fucking yurocucks
>>
>>14876819
>>14876774

Never going to happen, no chance in hell automotive companies are going to drop everything and switch all cars they produce to electric.
>>
tfw no one seems to notice that this applies to all the shitty cars they are going to make

not all the good ones they already made
>>
>>14876819
>>14876774

>1st world cuckholes
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.