[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just found out thay this is a board. I dont know shit about cars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1460919907569.jpg (72 KB, 604x340) Image search: [Google]
1460919907569.jpg
72 KB, 604x340
Just found out thay this is a board. I dont know shit about cars and car related things. I want to learn about cars and car related things.

Post inf/o/graphs and articles to show newfags the ropes.
>>
post miata and brz/frs memes
>>
>>14876638
Get a Twingo and swap an LS1 into it and they you are one of us.
>>
If you can't name the reason all these cars are shit, you don't belong here;

- Rover 75
- Ford Fiesta ST
- Toyota GT86
>>
just watch the first three stages of initial d subbed and the first three or four fast and furious movies, those are required viewing for posting here
>>
>>14876638
Watch regular car reviews then come back with a lot of opinions about cars you're never going to drive or afford.
>>
>>14876638
Lurk moar
>>
>>14876723
They are all memes
>>
>>14876638
Do you own a car?
Fix the things that break on it yourself.
>>
>>14877182
Actually he should buy one of the cars from the sticky cheap if he doesn't already have one. Then the $200 toolkit that gets posted (this is probably the "infographic" that I'd post if I had it) and the SHOP manuals for the car.

There are a lot of different cars, OP. That's why most "car guys" are pretty loyal to the devil they know and even that decent garages generally focus on one element of cars.
>>
>>14876686
>forgot to green text
>>
File: 1450114217270.jpg (493 KB, 2300x1528) Image search: [Google]
1450114217270.jpg
493 KB, 2300x1528
You will learn literally nothing here

It is all, and I mean ALL shitposting

If you want to learn about cars buy one, learn to work on it, make sure its a manual

Watch youtube channels like motortrend, regularcarreviews, /drive, petrolicious, driftidiot, mightycarmods, haggardgarage, theSmokingtire.

For detailed shit watch jafromobile, tomsturbogarage

For the drift "culture" of it watch DriftWorks documentary Outsiders or search Togue Run on youtube or if you're so autistically inclined watch Initial D

For car spotting watch That Dude in Blue, Shmee150 and follow IG accounts

Everything else is wikipedia, formula 1/GT3/WRC events on TV, and of course old Top Gear Episodes
>>
>>14876638
/o/ barely knows more about cars than normies do.
>>
>>14879727
>It is all, and I mean ALL shitposting
>car weebo, the post
>watch regularfurreviews
kek
>>
>>14879760
This is exactly what I'm talking about
You are the cancer that plagues /o/
>>
>>14879727
>>14879760
>>14879771

You lads don't understand the power of understanding satire and googling basic things yourselves, do you?
All shitposting has a reason and purpose, it's up to you to find out how much of it is shit and how much of it is post.
>tfw was in same boat as OP
All I did was say dumb shit, get corrected, google it, and move on.
I'm still not too sure about the exact technical aspects of working on cars, but I sure as hell know a lot of theories on application of various things, which the internet can easily verify for me.

And that's all you really need to learn off a forum. Anything other than theory will come from sitting in the driver's seat or standing in front of the hood with a rag, wrench, cigarette and 16 sockets that don't fit.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.