[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there so much technology in new cars? You don't even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1459362122239.png (51 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1459362122239.png
51 KB, 250x250
Why is there so much technology in new cars? You don't even need half of it.

What the fuck.
>>
>>14876205
Tech like what? Some stuff is just too basic not to include. If you're already laying a cable salad through the doors you might as well hook up window lowering / raising motors along with the central locks. Two cables more, boo hoo.
>>
>>14876205
normies wanted it

The only technology /o/ wants is an auxiliary cord compatible radio

>>14876231
i believe he means infotainment, 500,000 airbags, complicated exhaust systems, driver aids, driving modes, transmission modes
>>
>>14876205

Blame the eurofucks for the "satnav" obsession, especially the britfags. They're too stupid to find their way around a tiny fucking island.
>>
>>14876205
Gotta sell new ones somewhow.

Also if you can suggest it improves safety you can make it mandatory on new cars and increase the barrier to entry for new competition even more.
>>
Things I want:

Remote Unlock/Lock (not start)
Working radio with Aux jack
AC/Heat/Defrost
ABS

That's about it.
The rest is pretty much bullshit
>>
>>14876314
If they could release a new geo metro, ford aspire or ford festiva, for like 6 or 7 grand, I think it would sell like fucking nuts
>>
>>14876205
I think we've arrived at a point where there's probably not much more to research in terms of engines so auto makers moved on from developing hardware to developing software and entertainment. Electronics are the future after all. It's also profitable for car brands.
No matter how unreliable or shitty they are, normies think that more electronics = better because it's convinient/entertaining. Correct me if I'm wrong but I guess Dacia is one of the exceptions, ie. they aren't putting shitloads of electronics in their cars.
>>
Things I want:

No Assists
Manual Seats
Manual transmission
No clutch switch
Manual headlights
RWD
Sick Skidz

That's about it.
The rest is pretty much bullshit
>>
>>14876242
>>The only technology /o/ wants is an auxiliary cord compatible radio
I don't even want that, that's what tape deck aux jacks are for.
>>
This, I wish manufacturers offered more stripped down variants for less. I don't need a nav system, I have a smartphone. And I sure as hell don't need wifi or 5 DVD players.
>>
>>14876389
the perfect car for you is the turdgen camaro
>>
>>14876389
>Manual Seats
Manual seats are underrated as fuck.

>drive shitboxes all my life
>get in a semi newer car
>electric seats that go up, down, forward, back, angle, recline, back support, this that and the other thing
>just want to fucking move seat forward
>hold button
>wait
>wait
>wait
>wait
>heat death of universe occurs
>seat is finally in proper position
>>
>>14876335
>omg why doesn't rolls Royce sell their cars for 25k a pop? They'd be super successful because it's a huge market.
Everybody on /o/ sounds like this when talking about what they think car companies should do and you're no exception
>>
>>14876412
I only like manual seats that let me unhook, then move, then rehook the position its supposed to be in. My mom once had a Renault Clio that you adjusted the lean angle of the seat with by turning a huge knob at the side directly geared to the angle. That was a fucking pain man, you had to spin that slippery plastic knob forever to get the right angle.
>>
>>14876405
Ye m8.
The Germans were too keen on power everything in the 80's and 90's.
>>
File: DSC_7036_s.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
DSC_7036_s.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1280
>>14876389
Wow
Check everything except the shitty engine so no sick skidz
>>
>>14876426

>confusing a quality product with a car stuffed full of infotainment bullshit

Seriously kys, I bet you think built in wifi is cool too
>>
My car is full of tech and it's just a cheap little Fiesta. But I use the tech since it's my dd so I like it.

Now if I had a sports car for driving fun, I'd want it to be stripped out.
>>
>>14876397
ok but tape deck aux jacks are shit
>>
File: rip.jpg (114 KB, 1024x544) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
114 KB, 1024x544
>>14876389
here you go, included is all the RWD and the sickest skidz you could ever want.
>>
>>14876524
My E36 has daytime running lights though
>>
>>14876457
vw still does this. My gf's 2014 beetle has a plastic gear that you have to turn to adjust the back. It's painfully slow and very difficult to turn.
>>
>>14876334
>he needs ABS
>>
>>14876800
Poor Canadian.
Good news is you have full control of your fog lights.
>>
File: roadsae.jpg (85 KB, 516x800) Image search: [Google]
roadsae.jpg
85 KB, 516x800
>>14876272
They kind of need it.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.