[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What needs to be done to a clean stock fox body to make it go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 1276870679801.jpg (115 KB, 1000x663) Image search: [Google]
1276870679801.jpg
115 KB, 1000x663
What needs to be done to a clean stock fox body to make it go around a track reasonably?
>>
>>14875927
Everything.

Start with subframe connectors.
Then brakes and tires.
Engine mods should come after the supporting mods.
>>
Buy something that isn't a fox body.
>>
>>14875941
And get the LX notchback. They're the lightest 5.0 at only ~2800 lbs iirc.
>>
The Mustang SVO goes around a track pretty well as a stock vehicle.

Just use modern tyres.
>>
File: DJR-Mustang.jpg (257 KB, 1665x793) Image search: [Google]
DJR-Mustang.jpg
257 KB, 1665x793
>>14875941
Hmm. More work than I should take on.
Fox bodies so sexy though.
>>
>>14876005
Don't get me wrong, they're excellent tuner cars. But yes they do take a lot of work to get gud. But same goes for most older cars, such as the NA Miata. Maybe you should just buy a fox shell or one with a blown head gasket or something. A running fox will cost about $5K or more if it's in good shape (they're starting to climb in value; the early SN95 is cheaper now) BUT a non-running fox will cost practically nothing. That way you can allocate nearly your whole budget for mods, which will certainly help because you'll want a lot of them.

Just my $0.02
>>
File: MO02-04.jpg (64 KB, 850x581) Image search: [Google]
MO02-04.jpg
64 KB, 850x581
>>14876517
I'm in kind of a unique position where I don't need a car to drive(only in town a few days a month) but it would be convenient but I also would like to be able to track this car every now and then. The reason I'm interested in these, is a couple really nice looking ones popped up out of a sea of shit on the local craigslist. Plus I've always wanted one.
>>
>>14875927
Stage 4 weight reduction
>>
>>14875927
>go around a track reasonably
What does this even mean, do you want to do trackdays with it or racing?
>>
>>14876761
Track days.
>>
>>14875927
It's a mustang, it doesn't do corners
>>
>>14876748
I'd say go for it but it really depends on your budget.
>>
>>14875927
Reasonably is sub frame connectors and brakes/tires. How far you go down the suspension mod rabbit hole is up to you.
>>
>>14876786
Then just get some high performance brake fluid and maybe pads. Don't pour money into a car that isn't suitable, start with one that is.
>>
>>14876786
Just learn to drift. It's a lot risker than in low hp low weight japanoboxes but the payoffs are actually worth it and you won't die or even bust your shit up if you spin out.

Track days are about learning your car's limits for off-track driving not about being "competitive" with cars that cost 10x-30x as much
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.