[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi guys, Im renting a 2014 mustang coupe and my friend says
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Hi guys,

Im renting a 2014 mustang coupe and my friend says I should just disconnect the speedo cable to get unlimited miles and not pay extra.

Is this true? can I get caught? Seems too good to me true
>>
>>14874473
>cable
>>
What company doesn't have unlimited miles? Either way try and pull the abs fuse first to see if that works because some newer cars use the wheel sensors for speed and milage. I know this because my abs fuse blew in my Genesis and it ko'd my abs, speedo, and odometer until I replaced it.
>>
>>14874473

Electronic speedo, fgt
>>
>>14874473
>>who needs an ecu anyway
>>
>>14874473
I hear they measure it through brake-line tension, so you should probably cut those as well because if it's always slack they won't know how many miles the brakes have on them.
>>
>rent a 0 mile mustang
>return it as a 0 mile mustang

yeah real smooth
>>
>>14874540
This works best for highway driving. So before going on a road trip with a van full of toddlers, cut the brake lines to relieve tension and fool the odometer of your mileage.

Enjoy unlimited miles on your rental.
>>
>>14874557
You forgot to tell him he needs to do at least 65 or it will still read the miles
>>
>>14874594
Also leave your seat belt off so it thinks you're not on the seat. If it starts racking up miles while going 65, quickly shift to P and back to D, that might help.
>>
Open, there's an even easier way. Once you get on the highway shift to r. You'll actually roll miles back
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.