[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best AWD Sedan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Dumping my RWD "sports" coupe and looking at AWD sedans because I need to adult.

Not a huge fan of Euro cars, but also kind of tired of being a jdm fag.

Would probably be looking at <35k

Everything seems to have a drawback of some sort. Evo's seem to have bad transmissions, Subaru and their damn boxer engines and hte Eruo's just seem overpriced. Saw the Focus RS, not sold on a hatch though..

Thoughts?
>>
Subaru's have the best AWD at their price point. You won't have to worry about that damn boxer engine if you're adulting right
>>
>>14874233
The last generation Acura TL Type S has SH AWD paired with a six speed transmission and a 305 HP v6 is pretty legit
>>
File: ej257_split.jpg (55 KB, 523x392) Image search: [Google]
ej257_split.jpg
55 KB, 523x392
>>14874267
I'm sure it's just paranoia, but I feel like I'd have to get one new/new-ish to ensure I don't end up with one that was molested or beat on. Having to pull the entire engine to do the head gasket sounds like a nightmare.

Are the boxers known for anything equivalent to say the 90k seals on a rotary?
>>
>>14874233
Maybe you can get a second-hand Lexus IS300/GS350 AWD? Either that or Subaru/Audi.
>>
>>14874554
Avoid any used turbo, then. CPO would be ideal but good luck finding one. Head gaskets have been a non issue for 10+ years now, just stay away from any EJ251 motor (97-2000). The FB series engines apparently consume a shitload of oil but that's inherently due to the boxer design itself. They're not shabby cars, man.
>>
If the Euro options seem too expensive, you could look at a Passat or CC; I believe both are available with AWD. Keep in mind though, you're looking at a transverse/haldex configuration at that point. (Audi A3 is the same, but A4 is longitudinal.)

VAG doesn't know what it's doing as far as brand separation with VW and Audi in America- so Audi is reaching downmarket and VW is reaching upmarket, with increasing overlap. The result is that you can occasionally find Volkswagens with surprisingly nice interiors/features for a decent price, at least as German cars go.

Perhaps you should be a bit more specific about what you want from this car, as it would help weigh the options. Driving enjoyment, comfort, brand prestige, safety, etc etc.
>>
>>14874233

awd fusion might interest you
>>
Sub or Volvo is nice
>>
Audi
>>
>>14874588
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the IS300 came in AWD. I think they started offering AWD with the IS250/350.

>>14874233
If you're looking for an AWD car under $35k, then the best cars you can get are probably a used S4 or a WRX. The only other fun AWD cars I'd say would be a third-gen AWD IS350 or AWD 335i.
>>
>>14874233
-SHO Taurus

-Gently used E550

-CTS/XTS/ATS Caddy
>>
File: 2745302volkswagen-phaeton-06.jpg (580 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
2745302volkswagen-phaeton-06.jpg
580 KB, 1280x960
get a Bentley in disguise
>>
>>14874233
Lexus for bland longevity. BMW 335Xi if you want a little better driving feel. Jaguar XF if you want to be able to skip the bill on date night.
>>
>>14874233
AWD is cancer. Why?
>>14875091
/thread if you want sporty.
>>
>>14874233
How the hell does AWD make someone an adult?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.