[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going fast under 8k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: 4crop.jpg (208 KB, 1280x888) Image search: [Google]
4crop.jpg
208 KB, 1280x888
>fast
>not fwd
>under 160k km
>under $8k
>can turn
Why the fuck is everything so overpriced?

Is there cars I'm not seeing in this price segment? Every wrx I've looked at was abused to fuck, the s2k I looked at was a god damn mess. I test drove a turbo cobalt ss and it was easily the fastest but it's fwd.

I'm not into dumping a ton of cash into a noodley foxbody into getting it to turn either. Any one have any suggestions?
>>
GM F-body (third or fourth generation)
>>
>>14872877
>OP wants something that can turn
>oh hey I know you'll like a turd that can't turn!

You're fucked OP there's no good all rounder in that price segment
>>
File: 9sgpar[1].jpg (22 KB, 793x393) Image search: [Google]
9sgpar[1].jpg
22 KB, 793x393
>>14872890
>You're fucked OP
>still only 2 IPs in the thread
>>
>>14872903
The original post doesn't count as a unique ip
Lurk more newfag
>>
>I'm not into dumping a ton of cash into a noodley foxbody into getting it to turn either.

There's your problem, m8. Subframe connectors so it's not noodley then drop the money (about $2200 iirc for a road and track box from maximum motorsports) on suspension parts.

Other than that, maybe a 350z with some mods that get airflow to the brakes.
>>
>>14872927
There are much better cars to pick from than a foxbody if he wants to turn tho
>>
File: yesitdoes.jpg (55 KB, 1335x237) Image search: [Google]
yesitdoes.jpg
55 KB, 1335x237
>>14872916
Yes does. pic related.
Dumbfag
>>
>>14872930
Maybe so, but a foxbody is probably the best jumping-off point that doesn't require a swap or forced induction to make more than 200hp.

Fox parts are cheap as fuck and they're easy to fix which is why they make good track cars
>>
>>14872934
Can you stay on topic, the guy was right I don't care about shitty fbodies Ford nor gm
>>
>>14872943
>>
>>14872943
You responded to the wrong poster then. Learn to reply link correctly.
Dumbfag
>>
Yea you could get an ok 350z with 8k
>>
Actually you might be able to K swap a miata for 8k
>>
>>14872951
Yeah remember when I said I don't want to dump a whole bunch of money into a fox body.
>>14872962

Anyway there's no 350z under 200k km for less than 8k. I'm finding some pretty shit g35's
>>
>>14872972
E36 325i then if that's fast enough for you. Maybe an E46 330ci? Ones in decent shape are priced almost equal to 350zs though

The way you're specifying shit you're limiting your options like hell because a foxbody or an f-body are the only things that meet your greentexted criteria well.

Just about any other car for under $8k is going to either miss one of the requirements or be a headache maintenancewise. Depends on what's "fast" to you.
>>
>>14872983
>E36

You can't even find BMWs older than E46 in the UK anymore lmao

your best bet is probably either a worn out 350z or non-m 3 series

or just get a fucking cheap piece of shit old FR shell and swap in an LS & tremec tranny or something
>>
>>14872983
I've driven my buddies 330ci, it drives well, responds well to steering inputs but that 230hp engine in a 1500kg car means it moves like a dog sled and those engines don't make much power without forced induction.

I test drove an rx8 as well from a stealer ship last week and it was a blast to drive but dorito reliability and it was pretty slow and there's no way to make more power in it without killing reliability, comes with a torsen lsd though was a big fan of that
>>
S13/S14 turbo
R32/r33 gtst
Fc rx7
Gc8 Wrx
Plenty more options

Sorry americunts are stuck to shit slow bmws and 150hp "muscle cars"
>>
C4 corvette w/ lt1
>>
>>14872873
>Why the fuck is everything so overpriced?
supply and demand

they stopped making good cars, so the remaining ones are under more and more demand.
>>
>>14873006
This

1992+ Corvette is the answer
>>
get something fwd
>>
File: HONDACBR600RRC-ABS-4502_4[1].jpg (293 KB, 2000x1296) Image search: [Google]
HONDACBR600RRC-ABS-4502_4[1].jpg
293 KB, 2000x1296
hi OP
>>
>>14873041
I looked at a cobalt ss that was making 330whp plenty of power and it is fun to drive but I've had 2 FWDS and 1 rwd and I want to go back to rwd or awd. The way it's looking though I might have to save more money
>>
GSX R 1000
>>
You can find twin turbo 300zx that low.
>inb4 hurrdurr pigfat Z can't turn
>>
>gm 4th gen fbody
>fast as fuck for cheapest possible
>ricer kids won't look at them because cantturn meme
>>
>>14873003
all of these overpriced meme ricer cars are slower than my american muscle

>150 hp

at idle..
>>
File: ta race.jpg (43 KB, 726x484) Image search: [Google]
ta race.jpg
43 KB, 726x484
>>14872937
>Maybe so, but a foxbody is probably the best jumping-off point that doesn't require a swap or forced induction to make more than 200hp.

no, it's not.
>>
300zx tt. Boost until it dies
>>
Buy a civic and shut up nigger.
>>
fuck you OP, I had the exact same criteria for a car when I was like 18 and really stupid.

Buy something cheap and save up for a car that's actually nice or blow your money on a shitbox that will leave you disappointed.

Best you can do with your criteria is maybe a g35 if you're lucky. Hope you make a responsible decision.
>>
HEY GUYS LOOKING TO BUY A HOUSE HERE ARE MY REQUIREMENTS:

>3000 sq ft and above
>new appliances and other fixtures (not older than 5 years)
>in a nice neighborhood in either San Francisco or Manhattan
>under $75,000

thanks for the recommendations :^)
>>
>>14872873
Boxster.
>>
I went through this a few months ago, your options are:

E36 M3 or E46 330i + at least $2000-3000 in reconditioning (cooling system refresh, shocks/control arms, etc)

Miata + $4-5000 in sick mahdz

25 year old Turbo Japanese Sports Car (likely unreliable, Z32 TT/SW20 MR2 Turbo/DSM)

350Z

RX-8 and another $3000 on the side for when the engine blows.

I went with the BMW. I'd get a 330i if I had to do it. They're cheap ($3-4000 for normie owned manual ones) and all E46s require subframe reinforcements anyways. Take it as a chance to drop the diff and get a aftermarket LSD while you're at it.
>>
you literally just described a miata
>>
Save your money and buy a wrx, honestly.
>>
>>14872969
this
>>
>>14872969
Miatas with like 200k miles are like 5 grand here, they're suffering heavy rice tax
>>
>>14872873
>not fwd

You should stop acting like a child and actually look at some fwd options. Sure the bus riders of /o/ wont approve but you should head down to a local track and you'll notice a lot of fwd cars out there.
>>
>>14875535
FWD is much more fun. Coming from a person who had a bunch of FWD sport compacts already (including a Mazdaspeed 3). Who gives a fuck about speed or times outside of bench racing autists on /o/.
>>
first gen Audi S3 is around 7k € near me and im pretty sure it turns better than most burgercars
>>
>>14872873
>Why the fuck is everything so overpriced?
It's not overpriced. You're just fucking poor!
>>
>>14872943
well than fuck you too buddy

Here's the problem: you're fucking poor. You have two options at your price point:

>lots of power, not much handling
F-body or foxbody, the 4th gen trans ams with ws6 package actually handle really well but you're a faggot so you wont even consider that

>shit power, good handling
Miata or 350z. Stay away from anything with a rotary engine.
>>
I'll say it again. LT1 Corvette.
>>
>>14875608
>save up more money than you ever have
>anon just buy your car with financing like me what are you poor?

Good kek m8 stay in the cycle
>>
>>14875535
Like I said I took out a 2009 turbo ss and it was a riot and fastest car I test drove but it's ugly and there's a time when I'm gonna wanna do mad skids, I already have a focus as my dd
>>
File: photo.png (97 KB, 263x263) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
97 KB, 263x263
>>14875862
All these fbody fags raging cuz OP doesn't want a garbage tier mustang
>>
>>14872943
>WHY ARE THERE NO SPORTY CARS UNDER 8 GRAND?

(honest, practical, common, cheap suggestions)

>EWWW THOSE ARE CHEAP TRAILER TRASH CARS I DON'T WANT THOSE

op deserves what he gets.
>>
>>14876283
fbody isnt a mustang idiot
>>
>>14872873
NA Miata with an LS swap.
>>
>>14875921
only 2 in that price range around my area and they're kinda haggard
>>
File: DSCN0350.jpg (86 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0350.jpg
86 KB, 800x600
>>14872873
Turbo SC300.
>>
>Hurr durr I'm poor, anonymous please spoonfeed me answers for my impossible criteria
>oh I won't drive THAT car, people who drive that are poor
Kill self op
>>
>>14878401
Why do GM fanboys get so mad seriously? Fbodies are shit unless you dump cash into them this isn't some surprise, same with fox bodies. But they'll still be shit looking on the outside and inside, forever.

Thanks for the bump though
>>
>>14878421
hey EP3, not sure if you're the one that started this thread, but in case you are, I have some advice for you

don't make the same mistake I did, I set out with a very similar criteria after my Mazda 3 got totaled, ended up with a car that left me disappointed with, that I ended up selling for my Mustang GT.

I worked at the dealership that sold Alex his s2k, and if there's anything I learned working there, is that cars are typically priced the way they are for a reason.

You have to be willing to make compromises especially in your price range.

Cars under $10k are typically either:
>slow
>ugly
>high mileage
>old
>unreliable
or a combination of those things, otherwise they wouldn't be priced the way they are.

Ignore benchracers and choose a car that makes you happy. I had tons of fun with my fwd econobox, and I always wish I had got something similar instead of chasing a pipe dream. Good luck with the hunt, and hope to see you on the track.
>>
>>14873229
>>150 hp
>at idle..

Look at him and laugh everyone
>>
I think the best bang for buck would be any vehicle with a SR20 for that price range.

I had one for 7years @ 531whp that used to take a beating nearly everyday on lowboost which was maybe 350whp. With track days every other weekend on fullboost.

Only thing I changed often was oil/oil filter. With the occasional clutch job. No mechanical failures.

Just do your regular mant (oils, etc) and your checks (seals, i/c pipes for oil) and you'll be fine.
>>
>>14875535
>rwd is for children
ok?
>>
why do you want only RWD?

if you want to drift, then a foxbody (which is america equivalent to cheap commodore/falcon?) will be good enough to get sideways. you'll probably crash it anyways
if you want something better for drift then probably miata, silvia, ae86, rx7 would probably be cheap in america. silvia are decent and why a lot of people use them

if you want a track car, a cheap fwd like a civic/crx will do just as good with better engine for power. just because they're fwd doesn't mean they're bad

if you actually want to spend around 7-8k then there might be better options but civics are good for amount of money you'll spend.

insurance prices are also another thing you'll have to factor as well. i read here civics have pretty high insurance prices or something... a wrx or skyline will probably be pretty expensive to insure as well, especially if you haven't had you're license for 5-10 years with a clean driving record (atleast here it's expensive, but most just insure in parents name)
>>
>>14872873
come to england m8 your cucking yourself out of a good deal here. 8k can buy you several fast reliable cheap cars. im not talking 1 pos amerifat landbarg, im talking porsche, lotus, rx7's, heaps of german shit(if thats your thing) and you can pretty much import anything you want.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.