[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /o/ think about this deal http://carfactory-oulet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
What does /o/ think about this deal

http://carfactory-oulet.ebizautos.mobi/detail-2011-bmw-3_series-328i-used-14715936.html

>inb4 stealerships
This dealer offers lifetime warranty, which is worth it in a car with parts as expensive as BMW.

What sub $2000 upgrades could I get for it?
I was gonna get a cobbs tuning stage 2 kit but it's only for the n54 335i
>>
File: 404.jpg (34 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
404.jpg
34 KB, 500x375
>>
>>14870040
Looks good fampai
>>
File: DSC_0049.jpg (3 MB, 2896x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0049.jpg
3 MB, 2896x1944
good deal. that is almost identical to the car my mom drove for 4 years. the auto is excellent in that car and they are a blast to drive.

don't tune these cars, stock for stock, they are great on their own. at most, get lighter wheels but they are nice stock.
>>
>>14870239
>>14870265
Thanks for the replies, tho I linked the wrong car.

Should I get this automatic with decently low miles or should I get a manual with 90k? I was also thinking of getting at least an exhaust upgrade but I don't want it to sound like a lawnmower
>>
>>14870040
Lmfao
>lifetime warrenty
you fucking dumb idiot. do you actually believe this?
>>
>>14870040

>lifetime warranty

Better read that fine print real close.
>>
>>14870274
you are fine either way, depends on what you prefer. manual will have better resale and is less likely to break, but the auto is pretty good on these.
>>
>>14870040

You can't do much for power on the N52 but here are your options.

AA tune
AA headers
3-stage intake manifold from the 330i

I think this setup is supposed to net you around 230WHP.

You can also get an ESS supercharger for $5k that will give you a 70HP bump.

I have a stock 328xi E90 and I like it. It isn't fast but it's reasonably quick and nice to drive.
>>
File: DSC_2350.jpg (3 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2350.jpg
3 MB, 4288x2848
>>14870314
I wouldn't bother modding a 328i, treat it what it is, a nice and fun DD. stance mods are fine, they won't hurt reliability at all.
>>
>>14870328

I might do headers and a tune just to wake it up a bit, but probably just wider wheels, coilovers, and maybe upgrade the audio system. So far I've just tinted it and swapped in a ZHP shift knob which is great.
>>
>>14870296
Well I haven't got the car yet but I will be calling and getting the specifics on what is covered. From what I've gathered from their ads its tranny/engine parts which would be the most important anyway
>>
>>14870328
>>14870314
>>14870305
Thanks for the replies, on terms of performance, I wasn't expecting to get much from the 328i but didn't think it was this dire. I was originally looking at a 350z from 08 however unfortunately this dealer doesn't have any in stock, and their lifetime warranty seems priceless.

Would it just be better to have the BMW as a DD and the 350z for performance rather than going through all the hassle for just a tiny upgrade in the BMW?
>>
>>14870374

If you're looking for raw power an N52 BMW is not the platform to start with. You can get to stock 335i levels but it's going to cost thousands of dollars. It's quick enough, about 6 seconds to sixty, and feels solid at speed, but you're not gonna be building a drag monster.

I don't know much about the 350Z other than test driving one overnight once, but judging by how many riced out ones I see it probably has a bigger, cheaper aftermarket.
>>
>>14870374
>it wasn't this dire
it wouldn't be great but it is adequate. test drive one for yourself.

this being said, the e90 is a much more adult car compared to the 350z
>>
>>14870456

I don't even think the Z is that much faster than the 328i. The 370z is though.
>>
>This dealer offers lifetime warranty
a few things
-the warranty probably only covers drivetrain, if that
-the warranty probably has shitty terms where it's almost impossible to get them to pay for stuff
-it's probably not the same "lifetime" you're thinking off

what you want is a BUMPER to BUMPER warranty from a good company, and one of those is like 4 grand for 4 years
>>
>>14870040
kinda pricey, that is 330 range. also the 328 is slow, buy a bmw brand performance exhaust and call it a day
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.