[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying a Jaguar X Type
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: JAG.jpg (89 KB, 635x378) Image search: [Google]
JAG.jpg
89 KB, 635x378
Is it a good idea? I know about the whole mondeo thing, but for some reason I want one.
It would be my first car, is it expensive to maintain?
>>
>>14869850
I have one and had no problems besides the cooling system
>>
>>14869850
Jaguars have shit reliability. They always have. Stupid shit, especially in the electrical system, will fail and then you won't be able to get to work/school/obligations.
>>
You already posted this couple of days ago and you were told its just a mondeo with leather and jags grandpa bodykit. I like the classy look and smooth ride, but it isnt worth it.

It looks like it doesnt matter what we say you wont listen anyway, but remember these cars are cheap for reason
>>
File: 1.jpg (105 KB, 718x538) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
105 KB, 718x538
>>14869850
I own a 3.0 Sport and have put maybe 35k on it since buying it. So far, I have swapped brake pads and rotors (always do on a new to me car), replaced a rear caliper that the piston was cocked in, one tune up at 70k just for giggles, and new tires. Beyond the usual oil changes and rotations it has been perfectly reliable. The ride is very comfortable for the size of the car and they can be had for cheap. Electrics and such are same as the Mondeo ST220/ Contour SVT and are simple to work with. The 3.0 Vulcan is a workhorse albeit a not so powerful one. Only real downside is if you get the AWD, you cannot add much power as the PTU is made of glass beyond stock power. Pic related
>>
File: 1.jpg (73 KB, 718x538) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
73 KB, 718x538
>>14874363
And an interior pic. Bad camera
>>
>>14874285
Not me
>>
>>14874363
I have such a hard on for these, anymore pics?
>>
File: 1.jpg (55 KB, 718x538) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
55 KB, 718x538
>>14874653
Sure
>>
File: 1.jpg (40 KB, 718x538) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
40 KB, 718x538
>>14874959
I've developed a love affair for Alcantara seats.
>>
>>14869850
I might be thinking of the S type but arnt the spark plugs in some retarded place on the engine. Not easy to get to.
>>
>>14877119
Nope. Transverse V6 so you just remove the front wishbone mount, rock the engine forward and chock the wheels. Same as a Ford Taurus or Contour.
>>
I can speak from experience here.

Jaguar parts are all unique to Jaguar, think BMW, but 10x worse, and about twice as expensive. Oil changes take some retarded specific oil, and you need special Jaguar tools to drain the oil, so expect to pay $250 for oil changes.

Reliability is good today (#3 ranked in 2015 for 3 year reliability) but back then, they were incredibly unreliable. The power and interior on them is great, don't get me wrong.

I'm a bit of a Jaguar fanboi, but if you're buying more than 5/6 years old, you need to set aside a large budget for maintenance. The interior, while it is very nice, is also poorly assembled. They use bad adhesives that warp and melt over time, and as mentioned before, are notorious for electrical gremlins. Just know what you're getting into. I'd buy the car if I were you. Expect to pay a lot for maintenance. Buy a donor car, or get your parts from a pick-n-pull, and either do your best to DIY it (I don't know how confident you are with DIY) or bring it to a shop that knows Jaguar. Do NOT go to the stealership, the stealership seriously charges TWICE what a BMW dealership does.
>>
>>14877159
This is only true of the transfer case on the AWD models in the US. The suspension is ripped directly from the Contour SVT and parts are no more expensive than that vehicle, even things like engine mounts and half shafts for the front.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.