[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>people actually believe this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: GranAutismo.png (12 KB, 851x119) Image search: [Google]
GranAutismo.png
12 KB, 851x119
>people actually believe this
>>
>>14868761
>price of petrol engined cars will plummet
I'm fine with this.
>>
>>14868761
>upvoted
>>
Believing it isn't going to happen is what's delusional. They have already declared there must be many more electric cars by 2020.

Anyone selling cars in California will need to make a fraction of their income from electric vehicles
>>
File: end-of-fossil-fuels-graph.jpg (41 KB, 550x360) Image search: [Google]
end-of-fossil-fuels-graph.jpg
41 KB, 550x360
not in our life times.
>>
>>14868890
>powered by soylent green
>>
>>14868890
> straight edges
> half of reserve by 2050
> it's a mile under the surface in the middle of nowhere.
> paying 10 dollars a Gallon to fuel your car
>>
>>14868761
>electric cars don't need constant maintenance

nigga you fucking what
>>
>>14868890
What 3rd world shithole do you live in where coal is still a major part or the energy mix?
>>
>>14868761
ebin +1
>>
>BREAKING NEWS
>Reddit Elon Musk worshippers who don't even drive think Teslas are great
>more news at 11
>>
>>14868761
9 years is a bit optimistic.
I think its more like 20 tbqh famalam
>>
>>14868928
Please tell me you're not American.
>>
>>14868761
>electric is less fun than petrol

holy shit
>>
The Model 3 is going to be a make it or break it kind of thing for the public perception of electric cars.

But actually it'll be a perfectly-adequate econobox that average car users will benefit greatly from and enthusiasts will hate
>>
I dont think petrol cars will ever dye out. Sure as hell not in the next 20 years unless politicians really push for it. There will always be a market for gas cars, and gas companies will always want to sell more gas. But emissions will become more strict unless we put the blame on other shit.
>>
>>14868761
How do you do burnouts in electric cars?
>>
>>14869868
>"car, roast 'em!"
>I can't let you do that, Dave
>>
> teslas are bad cars
Nothing more stupid has ever been said
> electric cars require constant maintenance
Opposite of truth
>>
>>14869868
You press the accelerator and the tires light up instantly. Instant torque is better for burnouts than any gas engine ever made
>>
>>14870509
And then it cuts in and out Like a spastic bevause of ridiculous traction control
Teslas can't do proper burnouts. Lack of a clutch and multi speed transmission means it will never do burnouts as well as ice cars regardless of how much torque it makes
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>14868927

It's true. My 6000lb behemoth is completely maintenance free, i only had to take it to the tesla service center 13 times this year, and almost all of it was covered by my tesla free maintenance package subscription which i pay $800 per yeear

Also the tires are fairly cheap, we get them at a military surplus store from old abrams tanks, at $600 a piece.

I have paid only over 100k for an electric mondeo + ipad combo, and it has practically paid for itself!
>>
>>14870509
Except that it'll be electronically limited and probably even illegal to do so by then.

You don't need to do burnouts, just let the car drive you :^)
>>
>>14868890
Absolutely retarded. The US has over FOUR HUNDRED YEARS worth of proven coal reserves. I'm not shitting you in the least.
>>
>>14869868
Same as any other car?

You might need to build it yourself to get one without aggressive traction control though, at least until they start making fun ones.
>>
>>14870521
Turn Tc off. Tesla != electric car. Multi speed transmissions and clutches are severe detriments to burnouts. Are you using logic or talking with your ego since you're a poor fag who thinks he could never afford an electric car.

Instant torque means instant traction loss. Clutch detriments that. So does having to up shift and spending a moment with zero power output. Most auto cars just lock in 2nd to burnout
>>
>>14870528
Turn it off. If you are worried about the laws you are a Cuck. In california there are tons of illegally modified cars that never get in trouble because they don't speed or drive like idiots.
>>
>>14870538
Can't turn traction control off
There's a reason why all videos of tesla burnouts look like abs lockup in reverse
>>
>>14870546
Don't buy a fucking tesla then you idiots. Not every electric car for the rest of history will be a tesla. There are already others.
>>
>>14870559
Such as?
>>
I'm so fucking tired of morons conflating an electric drivetrain with the company Tesla and left-authoritarian politics.

These are not the same fucking thing.
>>
fuck electric faggotmobiles aka the vapes of thr car industry, im going to convert to ethanol and drive on corn or go diesel and drive on peanuts
>>
>>14870565
The Nissan Leaf
The BMW i3
The Chevy one whose name I forget
Mistubishi's one.
All the homebuilt/home converted ones that enthusiasts have been making in their garages for years.

Every major manufacturer is at the very least making prototypes.
>>
>>14870612
Burnouts in a leaf? TOP FUCKING KEK

Try harder electrishit fanboy
>>
>>14869868
probably some faggot button you press like 'burnout mode' or someshit
>>
>>14870628
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcA05errev4

Also yeah because those are all the electric cars we're ever going to get.
>>
>>14870525
In this post: things that never happened and said by literally no one.
>>
>>14870610
No you won't.
>>
>>14870709
whos gonna stop me?
>>
>tfw 3rd world

feels good knowing i will be able to drive gas cars until i die

stay cucked, 1st worlders
>>
I think electric cars are perfect for non-enthusiasts. If they replace gas cars we can still drive our shitboxes until we die.
>>
>>14871998
inb4 government bans gas cars to save the environment even though its livestock that produces more greenhouse gases
>>
File: third_world_map.jpg (38 KB, 550x321) Image search: [Google]
third_world_map.jpg
38 KB, 550x321
>>14871940
>tfw 2nd world
>>
>>14871088
The cancer in your brain.
>>
>>14868890
Even for a tripfag, you're dumb. The arabs turned the taps off again last month, and the oil price is going back up steadily.
>>
What are the odds when dudeweedlmao is legalized and the US can start producing industrial hemp again that we will start using biofuel made from it?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.