[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you get done detailing your car from wash to wax Feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 1631x1571) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 1631x1571
>tfw you get done detailing your car from wash to wax

Feels so fucking good man. What car related things did you do this weekend br/o/thers?
>>
File: Just watering my car.gif (1021 KB, 280x233) Image search: [Google]
Just watering my car.gif
1021 KB, 280x233
>I tried detailing, doing the polishing
>I failed at it
>scared to try again
>>
>>14868054
Don't be scared anon. In reality, it is all trial and error. How exactly did you mess up?

For me, this was my second time and I did it in better weather and with proper tools and clean rags. It came out gorgeous, restored the blue coloring by a lot. The first time I did it, I fucked up bad and considered just shelling out shekels and getting a professional to do it.

Then I realised, you can be come the professional. Keep practicing anon
>>
>>14868084
>How exactly did you mess up?

By not seeing any sort of result, other than holograms. The polish seems to have sprayed around (in dry dust) far more than I've seen anyone else doing polishing.
I have a second, more junkier car now on which I will try again. Still, scared, but I will try.
>>
File: IMG_20141026_141023_349.jpg (515 KB, 1250x937) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141026_141023_349.jpg
515 KB, 1250x937
>>14868043
I used to do this on my tiburon before I realized it was a shitty car. I would just get pissed off every time i washed/waxed it because of all the blemishes in the pain that I couldnt get rid of. This is the cleanest I ever got it to look
>>
>>14868054
>>14868084
>>14868269
how do you fuck up? just wash,claybar,apply good compound and finish with sealant. Use pads and microfiber rags. Never used a machine and always got good results
>>
>>14868320
claybar is fucking magic
>>
>>14868320
>Never used a machine

I'm a skinny nerd with barely enough stamina to get through a day of work. I don't think I have the physical capacity to not-machine.
Sage, because blogpost.
>>
>>14868345
>I don't think I have the physical capacity to not-machine
stop being a bitch
>>
File: 1457515984881.jpg (10 KB, 240x193) Image search: [Google]
1457515984881.jpg
10 KB, 240x193
>>14868043
>tfw you detail and wax your car for once in its life
>tfw it still looks like shit

why bother senpai
>>
>>14868287
looks pretty clean to me, aside from the headlights
>>
Pulled an L200 out of a ditch after a coworker went full retard
>>
File: 10256032.jpg (88 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
10256032.jpg
88 KB, 960x540
>>14868468
I ended up replacing those later down the line with new ones, then i crashed it and it didnt matter
>>
>what car related things did you do
Oil & filter change (6600 miles kek)
new front disc brake pads (all 4 were cracked to shit)

Car is thanking me for it, brakes don't squeak and engine runs quieter. Good day.
>>
I drove.
>>
>>14868043
I did exactly this today. Feels so goodman. I want to just go to the garage and look at it again.
>>
I want to detail my car. However, I don't have my own private driveway and can't wash it out on the street.

It alright to go to the car wash and use their self-service wash bays?
>>
File: 1460004264726.gif (999 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
1460004264726.gif
999 KB, 500x650
>>14868043
>bought some new clay and polish today
>new mitt and microfibers waiting
>weather finally warm, summer wheels on
>tomorrow is the day
>>
>Fud Moostang JeeTee

>Installed GT500 rear diff cover, new fluid
>Removed lights, front bumper cover, grill, to drill under upper rad support for hood pin install
>Got sidetracked cleaning exposed bits
>mounted hood pins, drilled hood

Now I can't find my cutting wheels to cut the bottom of the hood pin bolts so I can remount the headlights. Suppose tomorrow I'll get some after work.
>>
>>14868043

> glorified ways of washing a piece of metal and plastic

Yeah, enjoy wasting your life.

It will still get old. It will still look bad.

And the meanwhile what did you do? Wasted hours of your life.
>>
>>14871298
here's the reply you wanted
>>
>>14868043

I drove my truck fagget...
>>
>tfw have DA polisher and all the supplies ready for detail
>waiting for a full day off to work on detail

I hope I don't fuck up bros, been watching ytube vids on detailing and I think I can get it right.
The only thing is I have carnauba wax instead of the more expensive polymer one. Just hoping the claybar takes care of some of the annoying stains.
>>
Completed a rite of passage and hooned on Lower Wacker with some bruhs from /o/. Pleasantly surprised the old and worn-out W-body could keep up. Had great fun. Now I cannot stop looking at W-body and 3800 performance parts.

Tuning is expensive.
>>
Finally took the time to fix all the cooling issues I had with my w124. Now it runs pretty much fine except for a small leak at the lower radiator hose. I really hope I didn't crack the plastic neck. Did an oil change. It was nasty as hell for only being 6 months / 2000ish miles old. Got around to finally washing and waxing it. Looks great, but there's a ton of spiderweb scratches all over it. Thinking about grabbing the harbor freight DA and some polish.
>>
>>14868043
Replaced the Control arm Ball joints, Tie Rod ends, and welded my Exhaust on my 97 Mustang GT. Feels good.
>>
Did a brake job on my Ford E-150 van
New front pads
New shoes in the rear drums

The rotors on there will be the next "big" project... in about 3 months... or 5K miles withever comes first.
>>
>>14871625
you've pleased my suspension autism
>>
>>14871601

> Changing oil by months and not by miles.

>>14871676

> Changing rotors and puttin worn-in pads back.

/o/ in a nutshell, idiots fiddling with cars
>>
Oil change, painted one gutterd rim.
>>
>go through car wash cause it usually cleans whole car even underneath and cleans wheels really well
> got 2 scratchs about 2inchs long 2 feet apart from the wash on hood

I was hand washing up until this point and immediately regret it. It's brand new car that I've owned for 2 months now I have to fucking buff out those scartchs
>>
2005 hyundai tiburon SE. Front brake caliper, power steering high pressure line, end links all around. Fuck this car, but fun to drive, still feels good.
>>
>>14871228
Yeah but don't use any brushes or dirty cloths. If you're going to use cloths that they provide, make sure they either haven't been used before or are really clean. If they give you pressure washers to use, don't stand too close to your car with the hose.
>>
File: IMG_20160411_133251~01.jpg (2 MB, 3783x2127) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160411_133251~01.jpg
2 MB, 3783x2127
>>14868043
Nothing, because it was raining cats and dogs. Still is. Sucks because I need to finish cutting out a nut to get my new header on, but I only have my driveway to work on. Don't want to do it in the wet.

I do agree though, freshly waxed paint is the best. I can't wait for the next time I need to wax it in a month or two. (I use carnauba wax, needs to be redone more often than synthetic wax/sealers)
>>
Hit a deer the other night in my first car, cobalt ss 2.4, fortunetaly it was just a baby but still fucked up the headlighy, hood, fender and bumper. Began taking it apart, gonna make it my long term project, thinking about doing a turbo swap not sure yet. Wrenched on my brothers z31 just bled the brakes. Then I bought a Mk 3 Golf gti vr6 last night. Pretty gud weekend
>>
>>14873736
>> Changing rotors and puttin worn-in pads back./o/ in a nutshell, idiots fiddling with cars

Wut?

I changed the pads and shoes, not the rotors/drums
There's nothing ever wrong with keeping on the old rotors and drums as long as they still meet the tolerance/thickness guideline and don't have any gouging or warp.

Changing out perfectly good rotors and drums is just wasting $$$
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.